RMNCAST EPISODE 2: RELEASE SOMETHING IV: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS

Pages: first 123 next last
http://rmncast.podbean.com/

This month, we discuss Release Something IV: Guns of the Patriots. WIP is unavailable this month, so Matt "McDohl" is standing in. Regular hosts Brandon Abley and YummyDrumSticks return.

Sorry it took so long guys. We explain why in the podcast. There will never be a delay like this again and we will podcast at least monthly.

Also this one is SUPER LONG because there were lots of games to cover.

This episode is dedicated to R. Cholbert.

We are still using PodBean because RMN3 is not yet finished. Through podbean you can subscribe in itunes so it is fine for now.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
oh god why dont you play more games
My voice does weird things. >:(

And, wtf, I'm all nasal and shit. It's like you could tell I just got over a cold. >:(
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Wow, way to not play my game, all three of you. I like this podcsat thing, but I can't help but feel just a little left out. :'(
"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Controversial..."

That part made me laugh, sorry.

Anyway, I can see already the podcasts slowly evolving for the better; but seeing a more organized layout would be nice for the next one. Maybe knowing beforehand what games you haven't played yet would be a good idea for starters.

Happy
Devil's in the details
Good job with this. I for one don't usually have time to play games, and can't often even arrange any.

But it's handy to listen what the games are like, while working on other stuff. So yeah, I hope you'll continue doing these podcasts with the future RS! days.

Of course I'm sometimes trying to play games, too, but at very busy times, stuff like this is helps me to not totally drop out of everything.

"brandon: so guys, did you play this...? YDS & McDohl: no, not really... So none of us did! Let's move to next one."

Not much else to comment, aside from what Nightblade said. I still have to listen the rest of it.
The intro is basically summing up the events for Total Chaos, the first game. And although I like SMT, the only game I jacked it from was inspired to create something like it was Vanity.

And the dialouge trees like the "go to hell" one are frequent. There's usually a "nice" choice, a so-so one, and one that's really asshole-ish.

But yeah, this demo was over a year old and is almost completely different from the current game. I just wanted to put something out there.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
30 minutes in and they haven't even gotten to Shadowrun: Missions yet. OMG too many games!
McDohl made this podcast.

A definite, more organized format would be good. But this was really interesting to hear(especially McDohl). Nice job.

edit: That's not Rowen, by the way. Trust me I know.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
That's not Rowen, by the way. Trust me I know.

If you can prove this one way or the other, I wouldn't mind a PM about it. Rowen used to be my boy, back in the day.

Anyway, I had to quit listening to this around the one hour mark, it's unbelievably long. I'll listen to the rest some other time.
author=Max McGee link=topic=2219.msg37678#msg37678 date=1223929858
If you can prove this one way or the other, I wouldn't mind a PM about it. Rowen used to be my boy, back in the day.
That is Beyond Eden.

Rowen's game is Finding Forever Eden.
And the screenshots are completely different from Rowen's. You can find his videos on youtube.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
The naming scheme syndrome mentioned around 7:00 by McDohl reminds me of:

John
Crystal
OMEGA
Who was the one who actually recognized Castle Zvahl's theme? I thought I was the only one here stupid enough to actually play FF11 for about a year or so. (A long, long time ago)
RPGMaker.net is such a tight, neat, inspiring little community.
I would love to do a stand-in. I've got the time and the drive!

Good job guys, although as someone pointed out, it would have been nice to organize
it a little more, so it doesn't run too long and your talking points can be more poignant with each game discussion!

It sure gave me an idea of what I should probably go and play.

NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
If you ever need a stand-in I can always pull out some free time for this, just PM me what I need and I can definatley stand in.
It's pronounced "Knee-oak" :(

One thing I want to suggest is giving a brief description of the game before you start talking about what's good or not good. Things like what the story's about, how the gameplay works, stuff like that.

Also, if you guys could raise the volume a notch or two, that'd be swell.

Looking forward to the next one.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=McDohl link=topic=2219.msg37621#msg37621 date=1223922882

And, wtf, I'm all nasal and shit. It's like you could tell I just got over a cold. >:(

Yeah, for a second there I thought you were actually WIP, who has a perpetual cold from living in the Mormon mountains.

author=Nightblade link=topic=2219.msg37688#msg37688 date=1223932024
Who was the one who actually recognized Castle Zvahl's theme? I thought I was the only one here stupid enough to actually play FF11 for about a year or so. (A long, long time ago)

McDohl is the most hardcore FFXI player I know, so probably him.

I will try to listen to this later. I downloaded it and then seen it was as long as most feature films and decided it was not a good idea to try to listen to it on lunch.

Anyways, about time!
author=Holbert link=topic=2219.msg37698#msg37698 date=1223935727
author=McDohl link=topic=2219.msg37621#msg37621 date=1223922882

Yeah, for a second there I thought you were actually WIP, who has a perpetual cold from living in the Mormon mountains.

author=Nightblade link=topic=2219.msg37688#msg37688 date=1223932024

McDohl is the most hardcore FFXI player I know, so probably him.

I will try to listen to this later. I downloaded it and then seen it was as long as most feature films and decided it was not a good idea to try to listen to it on lunch.

Anyways, about time!

...People still play FF11?
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I think he may have drifted away from it now, but he stayed in there longer than any sane person.
Pages: first 123 next last