Abstract Paroxysm Demo 1 - September 2003
Call of the Archon - Oct 2002
Chrono Crisis - Nov 2000
Dannys Adventure 2 - Aug 2002
Dannys First Adventure - Aug 2002
DBZ_Cell_Android_RPG - June 2001 (RM95)
Drug_Lord_X_1.1 - July 2001
iLL nATURED 2 - December 2002
Legend of a Killer - Oct 2001 (without RTP)
Legend of a Killer - Oct 2001
Legend of Zelda Essence of Nature-Demo - June 2003
Murder 1 & 2 - August 2005 (Missing Files)
Pokemon Pink Demo - March 2004
Radical_Saga - July 2003
Random_Chaos_Inc - May 2003
Runic Epsilon - August 2000
The Bartender Demo - December 2004
The Final Countdown - September 2003
The Last Of The Ferek - April 2001
Vial Quest - May 2001

Package (81 MB)

Some games to note:

Abstract Paroxysm Demo 1 Seems to be different from the other games floating around. Completely different title screen and I believe the others are labeled as Demo 2.
Chrono Crisis The one in hedge's archive is much bigger and from 2005, this one seems to be from 2000.
iLL nATURED 2 Actually just sitting in Queen Court's directory but not public on the site. Idk how I found it really.

@anyon175: Is that Kindred Saga BS any different from the BEPv212 (Demo)? http://www.rpgmakerarchive.net/2016/10/reference-gaminggroundzero-games.html (ctrl f BEPv212) Curious to find what that file is since if I recall... there's no way to get to that map/screenshot unless you cheat teleport to it.
author=Darken
@anyon175: Is that Kindred Saga BS any different from the BEPv212 (Demo)? http://www.rpgmakerarchive.net/2016/10/reference-gaminggroundzero-games.html (ctrl f BEPv212) Curious to find what that file is since if I recall... there's no way to get to that map/screenshot unless you cheat teleport to it.

Hmmm.... Indeed Darken. I opened the BEPv212 Demo and I found out that although it had the same number of maps (43 total) and most their dates were really close (January of 2001 for BEP Demo and February for Kindred Saga BS) there was an Intro and a plot in the Kindred Saga BS, while on the other one seems to start in the middle of the forest. The BS version also included a file from the old Brazillian community Maker Universe, commonly known as MU at that time.

Seems to me that this Kindred Saga BS version perhaps has more content than the other one. By the way, there is no description as to what the "BS" in the title stands for, then again most of the titles were wrong in that disc for some reason, like Legion Saga being called just Saga. The reason for those changes will forever remain a mistery to me.

author=LordBlueRouge
Guys, Darken is coming up with all this really great stuff rpgmaker history related, so keep your peels for that. ❤

Indeed, those games could have been lost forever without his help. Also Hedge1's contributions were amazing too.

author=LordBlueRouge
anyone175, those videos/disc, are a blast-from-the-past. I especially like the interface/ menu of disc 3, where it's setup like an isometric jrpg, where selecting each character's skill is like selecting an attack in a jrpg, but also in turn selecting a menu from the disc - this is really really cool!

Yes, the people at Digerati (the company who made those discs) at the time were really creative and really brought an immersive experience for their users. Who would think that they would later on save so much of the past and game history in such small discs (small in the disc maximum capacity sense). Amazing work.

author=LordBlueRouge
EDIT: Also, I love the nike ad, on disc one - there's something to be said about early 2000, video/web advertising. I really miss stuff like that.

Yea, I also put it there as an inside joke aswell. As in Brazil = Football Players and stuff like that. Hahaha. :D

author=LordBlueRouge
But ya like in general, this reminds me a lot of stuff that'd you see like in Mac Addict, where every month you'd get a magazine, but also there would be an interactive multimedia component that you could use on your computer as well - which is what these game discs were.

XD But dude it's just really cool to look at this stuff! To me, the way they present these games through these interactive menus - for me, this stuff never gets old! At one point, i wanted to do like, an rpgmaker demo disc, so it's really cool just to see, how these games were actually marketed from a professional publication.

Thanks for uploading these videos anyon175! ❤

No problem, I'm glad to be able to bring these games to you guys, since I'm having the oportunity to show tiny bits of Brazil's gaming history while also at same time contributing to this thread and helping preserve those games. It's an honour gentlemen. Hahaha :D
author=anyon175
Hmmm.... Indeed Darken. I opened the BEPv212 Demo and I found out that although it had the same number of maps (43 total) and most their dates were really close (January of 2001 for BEP Demo and February for Kindred Saga BS) there was an Intro and a plot in the Kindred Saga BS, while on the other one seems to start in the middle of the forest. The BS version also included a file from the old Brazillian community Maker Universe, commonly known as MU at that time.

Seems to me that this Kindred Saga BS version perhaps has more content than the other one. By the way, there is no description as to what the "BS" in the title stands for, then again most of the titles were wrong in that disc for some reason, like Legion Saga being called just Saga. The reason for those changes will forever remain a mistery to me.

Interesting, could I get a download for it? Of all my times on GGZ I recall the January BEP demo being the one up on the site and not the one you describe. Wonder why the latest version wasn't uploaded during that time. The forest section didn't seem to contain any story.

BS likely stands for Battle System. as CBS was a popular term in the english community meaning Custom Battle System. Then again BEP meant Battle Engine something(Program?). So yeah weird it didn't use that, but thankfully I wouldn't have been as curious due to that weird renaming.
author=Darken
Interesting, could I get a download for it? Of all my times on GGZ I recall the January BEP demo being the one up on the site and not the one you describe. Wonder why the latest version wasn't uploaded during that time. The forest section didn't seem to contain any story.

Very well, here it is. I also took the opportunity to see what the maps from both versions would look like inside the RM2k, and I found out the structure of the maps were indeed slightly different from each other. That and the Intro map with the party start position also had distinct start events from each other.

But besides that, most of the maps seemed almost identical, and both versions seem to have the story I mentioned. The BEP version however has somes switches triggered at the start and teleports you to the middle of the forest, skipping the story content for some reason.

author=Darken
BS likely stands for Battle System. as CBS was a popular term in the english community meaning Custom Battle System. Then again BEP meant Battle Engine something(Program?). So yeah weird it didn't use that, but thankfully I wouldn't have been as curious due to that weird renaming.

Doh! That makes sense...
Thanks so much for the find. Yeah it's interesting because I never really looked too far into BEP's files cause I just assumed most of it was a work in progress. But now that I got a copy with the proper starting position I never knew all this time there was a whole demo just lying within. But it is interesting, MAP18 of the forest entrance was changed to block you from rentering the first area of the game (changed deep in 2002 as opposed to the other maps more in 2001), then the forest exit was also blocked off with rocks.

Not to mention you start with Julia in the party, the battle windows are different. BEP's is black, BS has standard Bahamut Lagoon window skin.

My guess is that Qheretic didn't feel the demo reflected what Kindred Saga was story wise so he cut out the intro for it, hoping to just show off an earlier battle system.

I'll be spending my time tonight playing the older version of KS. It's so weird I'm still finding out shit about these old demos in 2018. All because I thought a tiny preview screenshot in a BR magazine cd looked odd. I almost didn't bring it up.
I've always been a huge fan of Kindred Saga, so when I first heard about the Kindred Saga BS demo, I wanted to ask about it, but didn't have the time, so I want to echo Darken's sentiments:

This is a REALLY cool find guys.❤

This is like, finding a prototype for ff7 or like finding out Sonic 2 had scrapped levels, that didn't make it into the final version.

This is a really cool find.
author=LordBlueRouge
I've always been a huge fan of Kindred Saga, so when I first heard about the Kindred Saga BS demo, I wanted to ask about it, but didn't have the time, so I want to echo Darken's sentiments:

This is a REALLY cool find guys.❤

This is like, finding a prototype for ff7 or like finding out Sonic 2 had scrapped levels, that didn't make it into the final version.

This is a really cool find.

Yea, my reaction when I found out the version I had of Kindred Saga BS had more content than BEP was pretty much along the lines of this:

author=Darken
Thanks so much for the find. Yeah it's interesting because I never really looked too far into BEP's files cause I just assumed most of it was a work in progress. But now that I got a copy with the proper starting position I never knew all this time there was a whole demo just lying within. But it is interesting, MAP18 of the forest entrance was changed to block you from rentering the first area of the game (changed deep in 2002 as opposed to the other maps more in 2001), then the forest exit was also blocked off with rocks.

Not to mention you start with Julia in the party, the battle windows are different. BEP's is black, BS has standard Bahamut Lagoon window skin.

My guess is that Qheretic didn't feel the demo reflected what Kindred Saga was story wise so he cut out the intro for it, hoping to just show off an earlier battle system.

I'll be spending my time tonight playing the older version of KS. It's so weird I'm still finding out shit about these old demos in 2018. All because I thought a tiny preview screenshot in a BR magazine cd looked odd. I almost didn't bring it up.

No problem. :D
Your guess is a good one, too bad a lot of people certainly missed the story too.

By the way, I was talking recently to KyleLascar, who had some problems playing Utopian Chaos, and I found out the version that is available for download indeed has some bugs. The game currently cannot be completed without opening the editor and making some changes to some specific events blocking the player's progress.
I have been thinking about fixing that bug as soon as I have some spare time and uploading a new version here.
Before this turns into a running gag: I've finally completed Utopian Chaos, but it wasn't a glorious playthrough. :D Due to a bug that allowed me to access a certain part of the world map early, I accidentally did some sequence breaking, which probably messed up some of the switches. As I tried to solve this problem by using transfer events, more problems occurred. Suddenly, I wasn't able to pass through certain doors in dungeons, so I had to use transfer events, messing up even more of the switches over time. By doing this, I finally locked myself out of the good ending, but hey: Why bother when you can use a transfer event to reach the good ending? This certainly marks my darkest hour as a JRPG player, yet it was an intense, unique experience I wouldn't want to have missed. I'm sure people who played Utopian Chaos in 2002 wholly enjoyed this game (provided they were able to reach the end).

By the way: It's probably a good idea to let anyon175 implement the necessary changes, since my version of Utopian Chaos is likely more bugged than any other now. ;)
Super desperately looking for Hero Story: Dragons. I messaged SegNin, but just in case anyone has it (the Megaupload links are invalid now for obvious reasons).

Thanks!
Hi Blizz! ❤

Thanks for mentioning this, Hero Story: Dragons has been mentioned a couple of times already. shrub mentioned it as well , but was unable to retrieve it but we'll definitely keep our eyes peeled for it, as it's been request at least 4 times so, it's highly sought after.
----
Hi folks,

one of the things Darken mentioned in the original archive thread was to give warning if one of us was going to be away from the archive for an undisclosed amount of time - I'm giving out that warning now.

I'm gonna be away from RMN for an undisclosed amount of time - not sure when I'm going to be back, but hopefully it won't be for too long, as I still have a lot of plans for this, including, creating that archive torrent I mentioned awhile ago - (I really want this archive project to eventually become the hg101 of rpgmaker games, but that's a far off idea at this point.)

Right now what the archive mostly consists of is:
Games under The Masterlist,
The GamingGroundZero Games
The Queens Courts Games
(Some Centro RPG games)
As well as everything and anything that has been requested and fulfilled up to this point, from this thread.

I have everything backed up on two external wireless harddrives.

I have not had a chance to go through anyon175 or hedge1's addition but I have downloaded them as well. (thanks again hedge1 btw! ❤ what you gave us, was quite significant on clearing, what's missing from "the missing list" so I can't thank you enough)

But yeah, Just be sure to back up everything under the mainlist while I'm gone, just in case something happens down the road with mediafire - most of the list is backed up on mediafire, but it'd be nice for someone to also have a copy of what's there as well. everything else, is just double checking the old archive thread as well as the new one, for any new requests and writing them down, which is fairly easy to do.

(I'm also going to submit the non-RTP tutorial as is, in the next couple of days, but revise/update later with pictures:

But to put simply, if you're having trouble running rpgmaker2000/2003 games like Castlevania: Elegy of the Curse:
1.Edit the RPG_RT.ini fil with "FullPackageFlag=1"
2.Include Harmony.dll in the game folder
3. use RMTools to quickly scan and import RTP resources into your rpgmaker project (you don't need to select and choose, RMtools already knows which files the game needs.

...It pains me that I can't do more at the moment, cause there's so much I want to do with this down the road - because it's really exciting to see the stuff Darken and anyon175 are uncovering, I feel like the more we rediscover, the more we can eventually rebuild what was once lost from the community and then take that even further.

rpgmaker history is important:

final fantasy vs. dog, would not be possible without rpgmaker history.
the new rpgmaker2000/2003 video thread would not be possible without rpgmaker history.
There are so many cool and crazy things people are making right now, that would not be possible without studying what's come before.

the stuff we're doing right now, it's not that far removed from studying various art movements in art history (art deco, art nouveau, neoclassicism) and then trying to incorporate those principals in order to create something new.

this is why studying rpgmaker history is important.

....but ya, hopefully I'll be back shortly.

Tend to whatever you gotta do man, we'll always be here (interchangeably at least).
First off, kudos to everyone who has contributed to this thread. This is awesome, and a wonderful backup. I'm actually looking for Space Funeral: The Legend of Earth Birth if anyone has it. It would seem the download link for it is no longer available.
author=Crashguy
First off, kudos to everyone who has contributed to this thread. This is awesome, and a wonderful backup. I'm actually looking for Space Funeral: The Legend of Earth Birth if anyone has it. It would seem the download link for it is no longer available.

Thanks Crashguy, if you also happen to find any game that is on the list your welcome to contribute to it too. :)

Well, now about Space Funeral. I don't have it unfortunately, but if I happen to find it eventually I'll post it here.

author=LordBlueRouge
Hi Blizz! ❤Hi folks,

one of the things Darken mentioned in the original archive thread was to give warning if one of us was going to be away from the archive for an undisclosed amount of time - I'm giving out that warning now.

I'm gonna be away from RMN for an undisclosed amount of time - not sure when I'm going to be back, but hopefully it won't be for too long, as I still have a lot of plans for this, including, creating that archive torrent I mentioned awhile ago - (I really want this archive project to eventually become the hg101 of rpgmaker games, but that's a far off idea at this point.)

...It pains me that I can't do more at the moment, cause there's so much I want to do with this down the road - because it's really exciting to see the stuff Darken and anyon175 are uncovering, I feel like the more we rediscover, the more we can eventually rebuild what was once lost from the community and then take that even further.

rpgmaker history is important:

final fantasy vs. dog, would not be possible without rpgmaker history.
the new rpgmaker2000/2003 video thread would not be possible without rpgmaker history.
There are so many cool and crazy things people are making right now, that would not be possible without studying what's come before.

the stuff we're doing right now, it's not that far removed from studying various art movements in art history (art deco, art nouveau, neoclassicism) and then trying to incorporate those principals in order to create something new.

this is why studying rpgmaker history is important.

....but ya, hopefully I'll be back shortly.

Taking care of the thread might be important, but our personal lifes must always precede in priority. I myself had some unexpected events to take care of and that took me quite a awhile to reply.

But yeah, I agree with you, studying art history was a very good analogy. And these games are important because they also show us what was possible to do at that time and see what is being done now. Not only in the technological aspect of it (as in the engine or the resources), but in terms of the evolution of the community and its members, aswell as discovering new cultures and new ways of thinking.

By the way, I got some very good news! I found out some hidden gems and decided to upload them here:

... But yeah, not only that but I also made some Let's Play on some rare gems like Kindred Saga BS and Demon Legacy RM2k Demo:

Demon Legacy Demo Let's Play: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJug1QS5jgexl0VSQLAb9fHXZZ7BWwk_7
Kindred Saga BS Let's Play: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJug1QS5jgewyv0Ng1qRRaE6nK_mfsj8k

So yeah... Choose your poison guys. If you guys have some opinions you wanna share on these videos, feel free to tell me.
Hey nice find! Certainly, if I come across anything anyone here has asked for, I'll upload them for all the enjoy.
author=Crashguy

Hi Crashguy ❤

after some digging I eventually found a download for:

Space Funeral 3: The Legend of Earth Birth by duckstapler/nonpracticinghuman

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yxdsyhp9095mgn1/EARTH+BIRTH.rar

...This took awhile to find, because in September 2015, duckstapler, changed their tumblr/username to nonpracticinghuman and some time after that, during march 2016, their computer got busted up and they had to send it in for repairs, which is why there hasn't been a download for the game since then. But ya, don't thank me, thank the dude who originally posted a link to this on pastebin - If it's not through community involvement, it's through happy accidents like this, where we're able to recover most of these missing rpgmaker games.

I want to do more with this, but I'm kind of tied up with real-life-responsibilities at the moment. So spread it around if you can. ❤

EDIT: Thank you for the kind words ❤.

(original site)
(old tumblr)

(new tumblr)

Well thank you! I do know a few people who have been searching for some of these, so I'll make sure to pass this info around.
author=LordBlueRouge
Anastasia(Is this the same game? link 1 link 2)
Angel Omen*

Yes, that's the same Anastasia. Made by Orig who hasn't been seen on RM.net for years. The sequel to the game is still on this site, though it's been cancelled since 2009.

Angel Omen was made by Kalenovent-Mevin - the prologue was released on GamingW in 2004, and hasn't been seen since the site vanished.
Hello friends, been a while since I've been on here.

I went through my own personal quest to find an old game recently - A blob's Tale by Spik & Crazy_GuY - I managed to track it down after a bunch of effort (eventually culminating in my messaging Spik on Facebook after my search yielded no results) If there's any interest, I could ask them if it'd be okay to post up the files I was given. Though there'd need to be a big caveat on this as the version I was given was the most recent one that was in development - and not something that was ever really meant to see public release. - I had to go into the game and make it so that the party start position wasn't on the Debug map, for instance. I'm not even sure if it all works properly.
author=Arias
Hello friends, been a while since I've been on here.

I went through my own personal quest to find an old game recently - A blob's Tale by Spik & Crazy_GuY - I managed to track it down after a bunch of effort (eventually culminating in my messaging Spik on Facebook after my search yielded no results) If there's any interest, I could ask them if it'd be okay to post up the files I was given. Though there'd need to be a big caveat on this as the version I was given was the most recent one that was in development - and not something that was ever really meant to see public release. - I had to go into the game and make it so that the party start position wasn't on the Debug map, for instance. I'm not even sure if it all works properly.

Hi Arias,❤

Thank you for tracking this down. I'd be more than happy to look at this, when I have some free time available.

Anything that's out of circulation or sought after, I'm more than happy to hold onto and I very much appreciate that you went to the trouble of doing this.

Thank You!
Alright, a bit of an update & a description - I sent spik a message on facebook asking permission to post it.

A blob tale itself is a pokemon-esque game made in rm2k where you play as a blob trainer. It's got custom menus & a custom battle system that features some QTE's for abilities. It's got a wardrobe system. As far as I can tell - those systems all work. The game was never completed however, only a demo was released. Now as I said in my previous post the version I have is the most up-to-date dev one.

Edit: Yep, I got permission to post it. I'll edit this post again later with the game.

Edit 2: A Blob Tale - I believe this requries the RM2k RTP as a side note.