OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

any1 have a copy of Shadows of Evil:Wings of Time Deluxe?? (:(

author=anyon175
author=LordBlueRouge
On the Left: RPG Games #01
On the Right: Top Games Especial #38 (Disc from the Centro RPG link)

Left Disc:
Game Name
Arkoss
Berserker
The Demon's Mantra
The Demon's Mantra 2
The River of the Dragons
Faery Tale Adventure 2
Glest
Magebane 2
Fanta Scape
Final Fantasy - Endless Nova
A 2a Jornada v3.5
Batalha Medieval
Cryn The Dark Reflection
O Retorno do Inferno
Estrelas Sagradas
Laxius Power
O Pergaminho de Merlin
Os Federa 2
Abaddon
Samurai X
AnAliensTale
Baldy 3D
COBOL's Revenge
Diver Down
Fire & Dragons
Gates of Destiny
Intruder Alert
Last Minute Rush
Nethack
N.O.M.A.D.
Rune Sword 2
Dark Phear
Winged Warrior II
Ahrimans Prophecy
Maranda
Cult
Dark Quest
Eternal Daughter
Illusion
Laxius Power 3
Quest
Quest 2
Warrior Dragon
Dusk of the Gods
Death Knights of Krynn
Vengeance of Excalibur
Dragon Ball
Final Fantasy Battle
Tower of the Sorcerer

Right Disc:
Game Name
Battle for Wesnoth
Baldy's Big Day
Bluegaia
Bob's Big Adventure
Bommer e os Medalhões
Cavaleiros do Zodiaco
Chrono Shift
Dark Age Ex
Dawn of Time
Destined
Destroy the Hacker
Dragon Ball AF
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Super Jogo
Dragon Ball Rpg
Dragon Destiny
Dream Star
Epoch
Eternal Star
Extrenia
False Rebelion
Fear
Final Falacy Especial
Final Fantasy Battle
Final Fantasy Endless Nova
Heart of Evil
Hitman
Jay's Journey
Kinetic Cipher
Laxius Power
Laxius Power 3
Awaking - Tale of fate
Legion Saga II
Light in The Darkness
Love and War
Mantis Reactor
Maranda
Mugen Legends
Naufragar
Naufrager Crimson
Double Trouble 2
Ocean Power
Pangaea Chronicles
Redmoon Saga
Rm2k A final Hope
Robocks
Romancing Walker
Rotten Apple Ninja Strike 2
Samurai X
Shadows of Evil 2
Shaterred Samurai
Soul 5
Story of the Earth
Sword of Shin
Tales of a Fantasy
Star Call of Blade
The Manabat
The Blue Contestant
The Chimera Report
The Flash Point
The Frozen World
The Land of Dreams
The Lord of the Rings
Three the Hard Way
Tyrant God Saga
Utopian Caos
Vampires Dawn
Wings of Fantasy
Yxa The Legend
Z-Saga

I'm old now... :D

I still have the CD and magazine of Ed.38. I keep them with affection, thanks to the magazine/CD i met RPG Maker and the Brazilian communities.
@Bungholio I think I, or my friend, anyon175 might have this one. I haven't had a chance to check the archive lately, but I'll look through it to make sure. I remember this one, because I remember the name and spent a lot of time looking for it.

author=Vash

I still have the CD and magazine of Ed.38. I keep them with affection, thanks to the magazine/CD i met RPG Maker and the Brazilian communities.

Thanks Vash! ❤

Your comment made my day :)

Yeah, a lot of the old rpgmaker games we found, were from what you originally uploaded from Ed.38 and the magazines on centrorpg.
Thank you for all your hardwork man!! ❤

On a sidenote, if you guys have old magazines and would like to digitally perserve/upload them. Be sure to checkout RetroMags.com
Hey LordBlueRouge have you heard of my accomplishment? I already said I actually managed to recover the game I was looking for from my old hard drive, along with some other obscure games that might be worth copying over to MediaFire.
author=CatmanFan
Hey LordBlueRouge have you heard of my accomplishment? I already said I actually managed to recover the game I was looking for from my old hard drive, along with some other obscure games that might be worth copying over to MediaFire.

Yeah Dude! Congrats! I've been meaning to reply to this as well! I've just been sort of here and there. If RMN had a "like" button, I would've smashed it - I downloaded a copy of Sonic RPG Beta, as well as the other games you uploaded to RMN as well.

I was really glad you were able to find it too, because the biggest problem with finding old rpgmaker games, is just wrestling with google's search engine to get what you want from it. Sometimes I feel like, there are forgotten rpgmaker community right underneath our noses, we're just not using the right words or pictures to find them.

But yeah dude, kudos, this was a great find.

Thanks CatmanFan!❤
Had these recovered games sitting on my drive, thought I might as well upload them here. Notably I found Tabernacle, through... various connections. A lot of the other rm2k/3 ones aren't too notable in terms of being requested. Might as well put them here just in case. Ordered from the year they were likely finished. I really think release/last worked on dates are important since it helps me map out the timeline when doing a lot of research.

RM95
GrandLegends - by Shadow Entertainment - Nov 28 1998
Ancient Evil - by Ankylo - Jan 5 1999
Destiny - by Nicolaas de Houter - Jun 6 1999
Fantasy - by Dobumez - Aug 18 1999

RM2K/3
BattletheBird - by ProjectSpam - Nov 19 2000
ManChasingJan - Apr 24 2001
Scrapped Basketball Game - Apr 25 2001
Tabernacle - by Wishmoo - Jan 30 2002
Crystalline_World_DV2 - Mar 19 2002
IncrediblyDifficult - Apr 29 2002
The Chase - by Tomahawk - Jul 9 2002
Sacrilege - by Tri-Tail - Aug 19 2002
DreamStarDemo - by ManaMoon - Sep 10 2002
ImpossibleManeuverabilityTestTraining - Nov 4 2002
Crystal Clear Sabath - by Spurmoni - Nov 14 2002
MegaManRPG - Jan 30 2003
Lufia The Cult of Daos - Feb 11 2003
SavetheCows - by James Jackson - Feb 25 2003.zip
SilentMemoriesDemo1 - by Prince Drake - Apr 12 2003
Battle_The_Bird_2 - by ProjectSpam - Apr 30 2003
Until We Get To Heaven - by BB - Jun 9 2003 (Community Project)
6ShortFilms - by Multiple Authors - Oct 2 2003 (Community Project)
Crossed Realms 4 Demo - By Kobra - Jan 8 2004
Infinite Crusade - by Tasty - Feb 21 2004
Supa Quest 3 - May 3 2005
Badge of Pride Demo Final - by RPG-Spot - May 22 2005
FadeToBlack_V3.0 - By Vince401 - Jun 20 2005
The Zin Cult - Aug 29 2005
The Blad - Dec 21 2005
Project CHRONOSYTHE - by Jwguy - Feb 3 2006
Darker - Sept 14 2006
Dungeon Master - May 7 2007

RMXP
Nocturne Destinies - Jan 2 2006
Mikes Nu Game - Sept 21 2006

bbcode formatting sucks man
Thanks for your recent contribution, Darken! :) I will certainly try out some of these games.

While browsing through your list, though, I noticed that the link for "Infinite Crusade" also leads to the download for "IncrediblyDifficult", which makes it incredibly difficult to begin my infinite crusade. ;)
Fixed it, thanks for catching it.
author=Vash

Hey Vash,

Thanks so much for uploading that disc too man, it`s really cool that we can help preserve all of those games.

I also met some of the brazillian RPGMaker communities thanks to them. Like RPGMenace for instance.
Good thing Digerati made those CDs, right? :)

author=Bungholio
any1 have a copy of Shadows of Evil:Wings of Time Deluxe?? (:(

Hey Bunghollo,

I believe the version I have is different from the one in the video. But see it for yourself. It is the same version Vash uploaded some years ago.

Shadows of Evil: Wings of Time Version 4

author=Darken
Had these recovered games sitting on my drive, thought I might as well upload them here. Notably I found Tabernacle, through... various connections

bbcode formatting sucks man

Awesome. Some nice games there Darken.

And I agree, bbcode is very limited. If we could just use more HTML/CSS functions/tags, that would be great. But we can't. :S
...I was hoping to return to this September/October of this year. Unfortunately that's not gonna happen.
I'll edit this post with more info. But in the mean time if someone can keep their eyes peeled on these threads for any info that trickles in:

Does anyone remember RpgRpgRevolution?
Does anyone remember GamingGroundZero?
Does anyone remember GamingW?(Remembering GamingW)

...And any requests that come in, in either this current thread or the previous one - I'm eternally gratefully, Thank You.
Time is usually a factor when hunting for old info on old websites or old games,
So if someone new pops in from GGZ, GamingW or another old rpgmaker community with more info,
if you can welcome them, and help keep the discussion going about rpgmaker history, that'd be great.

EDIT:
@Darken, I backed up your most recent uploads along with the dates as well - Thank You ❤

@andrivtor - I apologize for not replying sooner. I will keep my eyes peeled for rpgmaker related pokemon games, especially in the wake of Pokemon Essentials being taken down. (I wish RMN had a like/recommend button, I'm always glancing at these thread, I just don't have the time to respond anymore.)
I should have a video coming up relating to GGZ memories, though it'll be very impromptu I'm trying to get the ball rolling on preserving this stuff in a video format. Basically just rambling commentary over game footage.
I don't know how well this particular game has spread, for I fear that it has been lost to the annuls of the internet.

I am looking for any trace of a game called Joan of Arc: The Awakening. A demo of it was done in RPG Maker 95 and I would like to recover it so that I can redo it in either VX Ace or MV. I know it is a long shot, but if anyone can recover the game, it is you guys.

Note: I am the original author.
https://indiehellzone.com/2018/10/27/on-rpg-maker-preservation/ Stumbled on an article about us. Also haha oh shit I was gonna do GGZ related stuff.
author=Darken
https://indiehellzone.com/2018/10/27/on-rpg-maker-preservation/Stumbled on an article about us. Also haha oh shit I was gonna do GGZ related stuff.

Holy Shit! Hahaha! Thank you for sharing this Darken ♥!! I nearly pooped my pants when I read that article.
This...This made my year hahaha. Thank you for sharing this, especially that quote! Hahaha! Holyshit Darken, we're famous!!

Like...it's one thing, to feel like we're doing something important. But it means so much more when others feel so too. So yeah, this means a lot. Thank you again, this is really really cool.

But yeah, I'm still working on this, just going very slowly now, cause of this shitty year I've had. To anyone reading this. I want to formerly announce https://rmarchiv.tk I mentioned in the final fantasy dog video and it's already included in the thread topic. But I feel like after reading that article proper announcement is in order.

RMARCHIV.TK is an German/English rpgmaker archive community that Ghabry of EasyRPG is collaborating with. These guys are very cool, very friendly. I'm going to be working with these guys too to help bring a lot of the missing rpgmaker here games to their site as well. My collection here is only a handful compared to the amount of games these guys have. Their effort towards archiving rpgmaker games is 100x more than I could do on my own. Plus if the game is compatible with easyrpg (i.e. not too tech heavy) you can actually play those games in your browser, through the site, if you register (as I showed in the video). It is really really cool. So yeah, I'm going to be doing everything I can to help advertise this site, it's almost criminal more people don't know more about RMARCHIV.TK

This thread isn't going away obviously, cause we still need to find those games and finding those games seems to work really well through community involvement (and I have a lot of fun finding them). but also I'm really happy that a site like RMARCHIV.TK exists. They already have Nightblade's Phantom Legacy along with the fan trailer I did for it there, which I'm super excited about.

So yeah, Please check out RMARCHIV.TK when you get the chance! It's been around for 2 years and yet no one seems to know about it and I really wanna change that. RMARCHIV.TK will only improve with more community involvement.

EDIT: sort of related. I know I haven't been around much but I wanna give a special shout out to anyon175 as well. His involvement has been sort of pivotal for me and I really hope we get an opportunity to meet more members from other rpgmakers communities from other parts of the world - like, it's not just preserving games, it's meeting the people who play these games too. That's kind of what makes it worth it for me, cause it really just opens your eyes to the world of rpgmaker.
Think my main issue with RMARCHIV is that the sorting/advanced search features is pretty lacking. There's also a bit of a language barrier (which is fine) but I'm going to assume most people are going to check out games from their respective communities and it's hard to omit based on language (or whether or not its translated etc.). I think the tag system has really good potential though, things like Map size, whether or not it uses REFMAP etc. But it really could use features that Steam or Itch has where it's very easy to just place check-marks on things you're looking for.

The EASYrpg html5 feature is actually a really good idea and pretty forward thinking in terms of dispelling the hoops people have to go through to play rpgmaker games that dont have RTP disabled (or don't even have a windows desktop machine). It's what I call future-proofing which is a pretty big issue that archival faces. Only problem is that it isn't quite there yet, games have a lot of graphical glitches and weird sound delays. I'm not sure how far along EasyRPG is progress wise in that you can pluck any random RM game and expect it to work as originally intended but I hope it gets there. I had a hard time finding the html5 feature on the gamepage (didn't realize the punching glove had anything to do with it), might be a sign of needing a better presentation.

I'm kind of being bashy on it, but I'm hoping for the best possible solution and that typically comes with a lot of concerns like making it as accessible as possible. The biggest plus about this site is that it provides stable hosting, and that there's less reliance on sketchy upload sites.
I have a question. Would it be possible to do something with archive.org in preservation of RPG Maker games? That way we have a stable location in order to organize everything? I have no idea if they would even allow it, but maybe there could be hope within that.
Big issue is that these games mostly have copyrighted materials and were made in pirated software (the latter being less of an issue to the common lay person). https://archive.org/about/terms.php The entire Legion Saga series is uploaded to the archive https://archive.org/details/Legion_Saga_I and maybe some other well known RM games. But I wonder if we were to dump a bunch of RM games in their own category and all, some authority would take issue and notice. Legion Saga is clearly existing there on the hope that they don't.

Maybe the most covert thing to do is to just bundle them into one file for pure preservation sake than browsing convenience. After all Legion Saga is awkwardly in this PC Freeware games category, so I don't know how it'll be easily browseable from other random PC games.

Then again maybe they don't give a shit.

edit: rm preservation culture rn: https://www.wikihow.com/Hide-Things-from-Parents
author=TheGameArchivist
I have a question. Would it be possible to do something with archive.org in preservation of RPG Maker games? That way we have a stable location in order to organize everything? I have no idea if they would even allow it, but maybe there could be hope within that.

Honestly, it's worth a shot at this point! I think we should do it, just to see what happens. - some dude uploaded all 54 U.S. playstation demo discs to webarchive.org as mame files -- You can't play them yet, but they're there and I think you might even be able to download them, but I haven't tried yet.

There was also that scandal with the nintendo power magazines I mentioned awhile ago - that was actually some dude from retromags.com uploading the magazines to web.archive.org and the interesting thing about that is - they still have playstation magazines up there on archive.org -- Also, retromags may have taken down those issues of nintendo power, but those nintendo power issues, are all still available through retromags.com as comicbook reader files - the secret is, you just need to register to the site and sign in in order to download and read them.

I know Darken mentioned the hide-things-from-parents as a joke, but interestingly enough, that's exactly what retromags is doing right now and we should try and figure out a way to do that as well.

I want to do this but, right now I kind of spread myself too thin at the moment and I don't really have access to my work station anymore, or if I do, it's only for very brief moments during the day unfortunately, so I can only get small things done here and there. I don't know when I'll have full access to it again, but hopefully it won't be for too long, cause I really do miss working on this and have so many things planned.

But, if you're up for it TheGameArchivist, I strongly encourage you to go ahead with webarchive.org, from what I remember, you're very well organized and very efficient, in fact when I was creating the new lists for this thread, I tried to make the lists most similar to yours, because yours was the most efficient - It was a lot like, searching for games on emuparadise, where it was listed alphabetically, numerically and then chronologically and then through variations - everything was easy to find very quickly.

But yeah, just be sure to report back from time to time and keep us posted on any developments, I'll keep my eyes peeled on archive.org as well just to see how things are going and try to help out where I can - I know Grave Spirit is already up there as well as a few other rpgmaker games like Legion Saga as Darken mntioned. But yeah,it wouldn't hurt to cover more ground with this.

But yeah, I want to apologize profusely, again, for the hold up guys -- I'm just as surprised as you guys are over how long this is taking.
But yes, we should move forward with this in whatever way we can.
Man, my nostalgia made me remember Bob's Big Adventure to be better than it is. Decided to give it another shot since I never beat it, but what a hot mess. The idea of playing with bad guys is really interesting, but executed so poorly. All of the "puzzles" give no hints and you basically have to try for half an hour until you get it right. The dialogue is bad and the mapping might be even worse. The difficulty in battles is out of whack from the very beginning and gets worse and worse as the game progresses.

Why did this game get such glowing reviews back in the day? I remember everyone praising it.