COMMERCIAL GAMES AND CREATIVITY

Pages: first prev 12 last
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
OK so I was lazy and only just now checked the linked paper, and the abstract is already contradicting your idea:

"Intrinsic creative interest was reduced only by reward for uncreative performance. These findings suggest that the explicit requirement of novel performance for salient reward enhances generalized creativity without any loss of intrinsic creative interest. "

(Emphasis mine.)

So that just says that it depends on the rewarded behavior. Which says a lot about what games you think are being bought, if you think the only rewards are going to clones.

author=Tuomo_L
You don't have to censor your games for Steam, not even Polymorphous perversity. Steam has literal anal sex shown in a commercial game that's being sold. The graphic buttsex is even in the screenshots of said game. Steam doesn't care as long as you don't make a game that's political (Donald Trump shooter) or outright racist or such.

uhhhh no? Steam will take your shit down, they just can't be bothered to actively police every single game that gets on. They get reports of ToS-breakers, they are going to respond.
HuniePop definitely had to be censored to be put on Steam.
author=Sooz
OK so I was lazy and only just now checked the linked paper, and the abstract is already contradicting your idea:

"Intrinsic creative interest was reduced only by reward for uncreative performance. These findings suggest that the explicit requirement of novel performance for salient reward enhances generalized creativity without any loss of intrinsic creative interest. "

(Emphasis mine.)

So that just says that it depends on the rewarded behavior. Which says a lot about what games you think are being bought, if you think the only rewards are going to clones.

author=Tuomo_L
You don't have to censor your games for Steam, not even Polymorphous perversity. Steam has literal anal sex shown in a commercial game that's being sold. The graphic buttsex is even in the screenshots of said game. Steam doesn't care as long as you don't make a game that's political (Donald Trump shooter) or outright racist or such.

uhhhh no? Steam will take your shit down, they just can't be bothered to actively police every single game that gets on. They get reports of ToS-breakers, they are going to respond.

author=RyaReisender
HuniePop definitely had to be censored to be put on
Steam.

Category/ Game screenshots of a game in Steam store.

Buttsex (NSFW)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831560720

Threesome (NSFW)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831560813

Your game only gets marked as adults only, but that's about it. Game has been around for over 2 years and Steam has made statement saying it's okay.

Literal fap games like this exist on Steam. This is just one of the examples, there's others. Steam knows of them, Steam is a-okay with them.

Steam is NOT as strict as some of you may think about their censorship policy. The only times Steam really takes action is when it's racist, using copyright infrigment or otherwise illegal.

I see no reason why Dungeoneer wouldn't be able to be released on Steam. Same with Polymorphous Perversity.
Pages: first prev 12 last