4%

Pages: first prev 1234 last
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Sooz
author=Frogge
author=Sooz
Most men only have 1 D.
That's enough, to be fair. Better have two men than 2 D.
We'll have to agree to disagree

But if you just have one man with 2 Ds then you'll only do it with, well, one man.

With two men there are way more possibilities too. Hell, get in even more men if you wanna get wild. You can never have enough men.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Frogge, Frogge, you're suffering a paucity of imagination.

Ten men, 50 D.
Here is a idea, have a Dragon Quest event based on the groundwork of Dragon Quest VII.

EDIT:
The more I think about it, the more complicated such a event could happen unless maintained very carefully.
Maybe we should do one where the game idea comes from headline news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45753455
"Girl, 8, pulls a 1,500-year-old sword from a lake in Sweden"
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=kentona
Maybe we should do one where the game idea comes from headline news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45753455
"Girl, 8, pulls a 1,500-year-old sword from a lake in Sweden"

Holy fuck yes that needs to happen
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I like a lot of these ideas, but a year-long-project event (assuming it's made up of "mini-events" with check-ins and stuff) would be super cool. Maybe it would be too intimidating?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I'd say it just offers too many opportunities to flake. Events are all about getting stuff done quick, just for the sake of finishing it. If you're the kind of person who's dedicated enough to do a project for an entire year, you're probably already doing that project.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Summoner of Sounds was longer than that and had a separate event to go with it, and hardly any of us flaked.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I just remember that Happy, who was supervising Summoner of Sounds, disappearing during it's run. I think NeverSilent stepped up to finish it, and got a special achievement for it. Maybe a "More Helpful than You are" as well. Though, RMN Music Pack 2 was supposed to have been complied from the tracks released in SoS, but never was. At least to the best of my knowledge?
Sooz
author=pianotm
Summoner of Sounds was longer than that and had a separate event to go with it, and hardly any of us flaked.

Summoner of Sounds was a year of mini events, not a year of work on a single project, and people didn't need to participate in every mini-event. It's a fundamentally different setup than what seemed to be proposed.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yes, the person running Summoner of Sounds flaked.

Sooz
Summoner of Sounds was a year of mini events, not a year of work on a single project, and people didn't need to participate in every mini-event. It's a fundamentally different setup than what seemed to be proposed.

That's only kind of true. They were month long events and they were supposed to be individual parts of a soundtrack. I came in a few months late, but early enough to get most of the badges. I did not do the symphony one because at the time, it exceeded my skill level, though I tried.
Sooz
The point still stands that anyone could drop out at any point, and there would still be a completed product.

By contrast, if you have a yearlong game make thing, at least if I'm understanding the proposal correctly, EVERYONE involved has to finish EVERYTHING, every month, or else the project does not get done.

That is a lot of points of failure.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
That's fair; it certainly wouldn't be good if it meant a lot less regular events. I guess I'm more thinking of a long-term commitment to inspire you to participate and keep you motivated! But I guess gamepages might be enough for that.
Sooz
If there is one thing that I have learned with big projects, it's that flakes are gonna flake no matter what, so you're best served by planning around that and having failsafes for when it happens.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
MOG 2 sounds better than a yearlong make thing.
Pages: first prev 1234 last