2%
Blacktober
10%
Revive The Dead, Beaten Horse
20%
Little Nightmares
17%

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
My main thing is just that the stuff I wanna do isn't generally something I can get done within the timespan of an event. Other than doing a million Lobster Quest games, but that's more a once-in-a-while treat.
I think one of the draws of events (at least on RMN) is seeing what your fellow game devs also come up with when given the same time and theme and such as you. It always amazes me just how creative everyone can be and how awesome the stuff they turn out is. It's pretty damn inspirational to me.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Liberty
I think one of the draws of events (at least on RMN) is seeing what your fellow game devs also come up with when given the same time and theme and such as you. It always amazes me just how creative everyone can be and how awesome the stuff they turn out is. It's pretty damn inspirational to me.

Oh, same, definitely! I just find it a bit silly to have events based on doing what we're supposedly here to do in the first place. :V
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Darken
Release Something! Finish Something! sound so demanding

Release something! Finally Finish Your Fantasy!

author=Dyhalto
We should have a day-length Do Something event sometime.

seconded.
author=Cap_H
author=Darken

author=Dyhalto

seconded.

Thirded?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Kylaila
author=Cap_H
author=Darken

author=Dyhalto

seconded.
Thirded?

Fourthed? :V
in fact let's do it everyday but whenever you have free time of course
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I voted for puzzles because of course I did, but I'm not disappointed that fairy tales is winning. We can do a lot of fun stuff with that.
FRACTURED FAIRYTALES! I voted that, I simply LOVE the idea... I even have already an idea! *EXCITEEEEED*
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think I'll try to make Marxist Sleeping Beauty with vampires in it.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
That idea that came up on Discord of a dating game with goal to no longer be a virgin so you can't be sacrificed is still my favourite. XD
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Jeroen_Sol
That idea that came up on Discord of a dating game with goal to no longer be a virgin so you can't be sacrificed is still my favourite. XD

SHIT WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THIS
Sooz
Gotta admit, that is a great idea.
author=Jeroen_Sol

That was for the fairy tale of Saint George and the Dragon, right?
author=Liberty
author=Jeroen_Sol
That was for the fairy tale of Saint George and the Dragon, right?

Are you secretly a fairy tale nerd? hehehe

Good idea tho, for sure!
mmmmmaybe

as a kid and young teen fairy tales and myths and legends were my bread and butter
are there any fairy tales involving cults
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Darken

You could pretty much easily add a cult twist to most

Rapunzel is being kept prisoner by a cult
Cinderella finds out after going to the ball that it's actually a cult gathering
Goldilocks finds a house that turns out to be a cult clubhouse
Alice in Wonderland is actually Alice being subjected to drugs by a cult
Hansel and Gretel's witch is actually a cultist
Snow White is being chased by a cult rather than her stepmother
Jack is given the bean that is actually a tracking device used by a cult to kidnap him

See? Easy peasy.

Also I should mention this. There is actually a seriously good two part flash game series called Gretel and Hansel that's basically a horror twist on the story that you should seriously check out if you need inspiration. Seriously, that shit was my literal favorite as a kid.
Sooz
author=Darken

Generally speaking, there isn't enough density of human in fairy tales to merit a cult. Not to mention people didn't really have a definition of cult at the time in the way that we mean it today.

You might could look into stories with groups of robbers, such as the Robber Bridegroom, or stories of serial killers like Bluebeard or the Widow and her Daughters.
Out of curiosity, if fractured Fairy tales wins,
What am I saying it will

Is it possible to do Japanese fairy tales as well? There was one
story that I was thinking about doing but I'm not 100% sure yet