[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

You're right, when I ask about a contradiction and get no answer I should just drop it. Ignoring weird or subtly wrong things people say is a great tactic.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yeah, the more I read that post, the worse it looks to me. AE's being aggressive and callous. It's like she's forgotten that joke votes are a thing.

#cancel
#Lynch AlaskanEmily
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Let's divide this into two parts, and then divide those two parts into three parts. 1. A: Do you think the statement oddrabbit made was explicitly scummy or B: ? If A, why do you think that?

2. I'll take your ignoring my case as tacit admission that there was nothing weird or subtly wrong in it, then.

pianotm
I really should be making gam, but I am doing a thing that I hope will help out. Here's where we are, currently. I am tracking votes. I don't know how good this chart is, but I'll be updating it as we all vote.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
charting making means automatic confirmed town
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
chart's wrong though. I only voted demonlord once, then liberty, then AE.
pianotm
Thanks! I could have sworn I saw you vote.

I'm just going to share the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSYK5c9OgZ1jF0SALi8d2VpuChfaedV4KZF9ETRgD9k/edit?usp=sharing
Yes, I do think that the statement Odd made was scummy. Only scum would be safe when revealing their identity, it looks like a possible perspective slip to me. It's a pretty big mistake to make otherwise.

author=pianotm
Yeah, the more I read that post, the worse it looks to me. AE's being aggressive and callous. It's like she's forgotten that joke votes are a thing.

Read my posts again, when this was mentioned I realized that was probably true and said so.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I don't see how scum would be any safer in revealing their identity.

I guess the obvious question now is why you decided to needle odd about this now, when before

I need more than 2 actual sentences of game from him to say anything more meaningful and not so purely speculative.

but something changed to make this a scummy statement, but also, not something you're willing to vote him for.
Ok awake and caught up my current thoughts:

Odd: If he is town and we mislynch it's not like we're losing someone that is actively helping town. If as he says his strategy it to pretend to be scum then we're better off without him. What he said about demonlord was weird but also his scum list of kittenfood, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK and OzzyTheOne is weird to me. I could maybe understand one of kittenfood or Cave but I don't see the argument for both and when Odd was pressed he didn't deliver an argument for both it was just "instinct."

As for Ozzy well he's so far posted twice - the same as Shinan but Ozzy's first post was a "I'm here." However his second post seemed ok to me, the biggest argument against Ozzy I could see is how unactive he is but he's been getting less active each game and I'm aware he was streaming yesterday. Again though Odd is making no argument.

Liberty: Her style does appear to have changed from her early posts to her later ones. Given that the early ones were made in the joke phase and that the later posts feel like regular Libby to me I'm ok with her at the moment.

I haven't made my mind up about AlaskanEmily yet, will re-read her posts after breakfast and housework.
That quote of me is from before Odd said what I was pointing out. So nothing changed about those first two posts of his, I decided to needle him about that later post once he posted it.

For why that's more safe for scum to reveal their identity, they wouldn't be opened up to the nightkill/unmask by doing so...because they are scum.
I also am having that funny feeling that Cave is arguing against me in bad faith...I'm having to explain things where he is just flat out wrong, like the order of posts.
Came back to do my reread and the last couple of AlaskanEmily's post remind me of my mistake in spy vs spy where I got cross with Cap_H for calling me scum for the wrong reasons.
Sorry frequency mafia not spy vs spy.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=AlaskanEmily
That quote of me is from before Odd said what I was pointing out. So nothing changed about those first two posts of his, I decided to needle him about that later post once he posted it.

so, while being wrong isn't necessarily a scumtell, AE, when prompted, read Odd's posts, posted that there was nothing telling in them, and then later went on to needle Odd about one point in his posts (that I don't think you could really divine anything from regardless of how he answered so I don't know what the point of asking would be.) So while being wrong about posting times isn't a scumtell, clearly not paying attention to what other people are saying kind of is, because it implies you're mainly interested in your own survival. The fact that AE only engaged with Odd (the easiest mark if you wanted to execute someone today imo) after I posted my case on her, which she has weirdly refused to engage in or comment on AT ALL, and did so while homing on on something (his threat to reveal his identity) that actually doesn't actually indicate alignment if you think about it for two seconds, and the...fraudulent explanation as to why she began needling him when she did (I would have accepted the answer "fuck you I didnt think of it until now)..

All of this put together reads to me like scum who can't engage with the case on them so they just go after the easiest mark.

Also I have to remind people that not executing in this game is extra bad. Like really bad. We know for a fact our investigation roles are garbage. And even if we kill town, mislynching here would reduce scum's unmasking attempts by one.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
everything i said in this post THIS IS A LINK CAN YO USEE THIS still applies too. I think this is a pretty good execution as far as day 1 goes as long as people actually comment on the substance and don't just silently vote.
Are the investigation roles garbage though? I feel like with decent use of them we'll be able to know a lot come tomorrow. Of course I'm not sure how it'll actually work in practice but I just see a bunch of fun happening on day 2. More than what usually happens at least.

Especially since a lot of the info is kinda public with the public night phase.
No wait I did a dumb. I just realized that most of the information gained during the night will likely be of most use to the werewolves. So any revelations any of us have because of the night phase we kinda have to be super-obtuse about...
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I mean. they can potentially reveal info but I guarantee everyone is going to target the wrong person. The more important thing is we don't actually 'lose' anything by mislynching. Scum gets one less 'unmask' if town dies. They also wouldn't get one more if scum died.