[RMVX ACE] MUFFLE QUEST SIGNUPS, JOIN TODAY!

Pages: first 12 next last

What is it?
Muffle Quest is an episodic RPG community game currently in development by Muffle. There are currently 4 episodes in planning and an fun and narrative storyline/plot with heavy character development, a simple but somewhat interactive world and multiple antagonists to follow within each episode. It will feature people from the community like the Eat a Cactus series but featured in a more serious game with more gameplay.

Aremeners are the Milita in RMN City which Muffle strives to become! In order to become one, Muffle must gain a reputation by completing quests around town! But when Hackers plague the town and a disaster happens, what is Muffle to do? Along with Snubby she strives to become an Aremener and track down these Hackers which only aim to harm her beloved city.

What can I do to help?
The job Muffle has for you is simple! She needs people, NPCs, to fill up her world! In her world there are Four main cities which will all be explored per episode. The starting town RMN, the RMWest Castle City, the fanfare city of Itchio and the small city known as Gamejolt. Currently only RMN is mapped out and can hold up to 11 people.

I need 11 participants for the first town and this is where you come in! Below are the house maps and you lovelies get to choose which house you want to occupy! Some houses are occupied by two people so make sure you're alright with your roommate! Another thing, I would love it dearly if you gave me the sprite you wish me to use for your character. We are using VX Ace one tiled sprites. And lastly, each NPC will be giving Muffle 3 Quests each which will be decided by you. Please PM me your wanted quests.

Having trouble figuring out your quest? Well below are all the mechanics featured in the game that Quests can be a part of.

-There is a Harvesting mechanic
>Apples, Cave Buds, Cave Mushrooms, Dandelions, Daisies, Rosebuds, Cave Flowers (Rare)
-There is a Fishing mechanic
>Trout, Salmon, Herring, Pike, Bass, Rainbow (Rare)
-There is a Mining mechanic
>Orange & Blue (Rare) Ore

There are also enemies as an RPG, the enemies include:
Wolves & Slimes in the Forest
Rats & Bats in the Cave

Feel free to do quests with these.
Wolves drop wolf pelts.
Slimes drop slime.
Rats drop tails.
Bats drops wings.

Or a simple fetch quest! Just tell me your idea and I'll tell you what I can do, now please nothing that adds extra mechanics I don't intend to add or anything super hard to input. If you have any questions please ask! Thanks~ And if you don't get to be in the RMN village, keep a lookout for the future cities you could be a part of!

Upon joining you give consent to have a persona in my game and to work alongside me until completion. This means I may ask you questions about your quests/dialogue/position in town/etc... You're saying it's alright to speak with you about these things.

Main characters are handpicked and decided by me, please do not ask to have a special part in this game.

List of Participants:
Cap_H
AtiyaTheSeeker
Yomi
Illy
Mirak
Caz
Liberty
kory_toombs
Delsin
unity
WaKa
Maps/Houses:

House #1: Belongs to Mirak

House #2: Belongs to AtiyaTheSeeker

House #3: Belongs to Unity & Yomi

House #4: Belongs to Cap_H & WaKa (& kory_toombs)

House #5: Belongs to Liberty & Caz

House #6: Belongs to Illy & Delsin

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
This is cool!
I would love to inhabit house 4, but it can take me few days to come up with a Sprite and quests for Muffle.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Hey, sounds cool to me. If you're willing to take me on, I'd be up for House 2 as it seems to be the smallest of the two one-person homes (and a roommate would likely drive even RM me batty).

If possible, that book next to the bed could be a sketch book? Otherwise, will send my sprite in a few, as well as come up with three quests. EDIT: Both should be in your PMs by now, lemme know what you think?
Don't stress about getting quests/sprites/etc to me too quickly, I still have my own stuff to do after all! ^-^ If you have any questions just let me know, also Cap which room would you like, left or right? :) Thanks for showing interest guys!!

EDIT: I added the enemies in game to allow for more quest options. Whether it's hacking a number of specific enemies or getting a certain number of their drops. :3 Thanks again for participating!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I can live with Cap_H, but I'm not supposed to really live there. I just sort of slum, sleep on the floor, and take food from the fridge whenever I want. Whenever Cap_H gives out a quest I immediately give a counter quest to foil it. I'm an all out really annoying person to live with.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I don't know about physical location within the game. However, I feel that I'd be the guy to issue random quests similar to how this game handles it.
AtiyaTheSeeker
author=kory_toombs
I can live with Cap_H, but I'm not supposed to really live there. I just sort of slum, sleep on the floor, and take food from the fridge whenever I want. Whenever Cap_H gives out a quest I immediately give a counter quest to foil it. I'm an all out really annoying person to live with.

Kory, I love that idea! Counter-quests seem like a fun idea, especially if you'll be bumming off Cap and his roomie. XD
Do you still need me to sign up, Muffs? And/or anything else from me?
@koru, I love it.

@illy, it'd be awesome if you could think of 3 quests to and pick a house ^^
unity
You're magical to me.
I'd like to be in house 3 :D Are sprites made with the VX Ace built-in generator okay?
Unity that is fine :3 I just want people to supply sprites so they're happy with how their character looks.
unity
You're magical to me.
Sounds great! Thanks Muffle! :DDD Here's my sprite! It's in the standard sprite sheet but I can cut it out to be a single one if you need me to!

I'll probably figure my quests out tomorrow and PM them to you ^_^
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Muffle
Don't stress about getting quests/sprites/etc to me too quickly, I still have my own stuff to do after all! ^-^ If you have any questions just let me know, also Cap which room would you like, left or right? :) Thanks for showing interest guys!!

EDIT: I added the enemies in game to allow for more quest options. Whether it's hacking a number of specific enemies or getting a certain number of their drops. :3 Thanks again for participating!

The one without computer. My main goal might be to tidy up the house and you might need to kill some slimes to get all the cleaning devices Kory lost.
I'll bunk with someone in house #6. Feel free to make me like, a blacksmith if you need characters to have town roles or to give the player additional questinations!

I'll send quests shortly.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I'm cool with being Illy's roommate. I'll try to get a sprite and quests in ASAP.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Hi Muffle could I join?

I'd like to be in House 6, or wherever there's a space cuz I didn't see Illy or Frogge mention which house they're roommates in.

I'll pm you my sprite and quests later today.
For plot reasons Delsin will be bunking with Illy in house 6, already talked to them. Is there anywhere else you'd prefer Mirak? :) I updated some of the quest items from harvesting since I've been implementing it and all. Next I'll implement mining and fishing and then I'll start putting in villagers! We still got two rooms for anyone else wanting to join :))

Also, Illy has officially filled the role of Blacksmith! If anyone wants to fill in these roles below it'd be great, (Thanks Illy for this idea!!)

Alchemist--Collectibles can be brewed into potions.
Merchant--Someone who sales and buys wares.
I'll mention more if I can think :3
AtiyaTheSeeker
Hmm, for character roles, what if Rachel filled in for learning techniques?

Don't know how you'd want Muffle to learn new skills, but if they're available outside of leveling up, maybe she could learn skills by helping out Rachel? Probably unlock the skill shop by helping her past her first quest, and then gains another stock of abilities after completing Quest 2? The reward for Quest 3's completion could be a discount, or a unique martial arts weapon?

Just stuff I'm brainstorming; don't feel pressured to integrate any ideas you don't want, heheh. Of note, probably not many spells so much as weapon-based abilities, given her martial artist shtick in the game.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Ok house 1 then? If it's occupied, I don't mind staying with Cap (and kory)
Pages: first 12 next last