WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

I read Sputnik Sweetheart a few years ago actually and really found it average. It's the reason I didn't look into more Murakami. Maybe I should reread it, but I've heard from friends that it isn't one of his best.

I'm reading the Great Gatsby next. I have 100 more pages of Wind Up Bird.
Canuck, are you just reading things I've been reading? I just finished Gatsby a week or two ago. O_o

By Murakami standards Sputnik is pretty average, sort of like a Norwegian Wood lite in some ways, but I liked it 'cause I'm a sucker for exercises in hopeless crushes and human longing.

Just finished The Four Loves. Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen is up next. Hope he's as good an author as he is a musician.
A book about a Canadian Major who actually served under the command of the Red Army in 1918 during the Russian Civil War.
I haven't started Great Gatsby yet. Instead picked up another book, but I forget the title. An Artist in the floating world or something. About post-war Nagasaki. Nice little novel.
The Hades Project by Lynn Sholes and Joe Moore.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just finished reading Death Note Vol.2
Nothing too exciting here. Hopefully Vol.3 will be better.
Re-reading The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass
all by Phillip(Phillup) Pullman
A Sorrow Beyond Dreams by Peter Handke
Reading Great Gatsby, and really dislike it. Hope to finish it soon so I can finish my Murakami break and get to Kafka by the Shore.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson (MY GOD IT'S LONG)

and simultaneously:

Caine Black Knife by Matthew Stover.

The former is far too long, the latter is sadly far too short.

Matthew Stover is an author who I understand made the undignified but lucrative decision of writing several truly AWFUL star wars novels in the middle of his career, but the Caine series (Heroes Die, Blade of Tyshalle, and now the current one I'm reading) are excellent, truly my favorite fantasy novels and in fact the only fantasy novels I have ever liked or respected at all.
Just finished Intelligence in Nature by Jeremy Narby. Interesting read. I'd recommend it to anyone who has an interest in nature, biology or anthropology. The book is a very relaxed, personal look and collection of interviews by Jeremy in his investigation into intelligence as it manifests in nature.

I am now starting Refactoring to Patterns by Joshua Kerievsky. That or Pro JSF and Ajax.
Just finished reading The Hades Project and am now reading Moscow Rules by Daniel Silva.
Hey I never saw this topic.

Started Hard Landing by Stephen Leather although I really haven't but I should.

Last read: Tamerlane
Wasn't that an Edgar Allan Poe poem?

A Sorrow Beyond dreams was, unsurprisingly, sadder beyond dreams. Currently reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. Loved Blade Runner, hope this is just as good.
I am currently reading The Book of the Long Sun by Gene Wolfe and East of Eden by John Steinbeck. The scale of Long Sun is a lot smaller than New Sun's, but it feels more cohesive and surprisingly has a real likable protaganist. East of Eden has Cathy Ames, who is probably one of the most messed-up antagonists in any book I've ever read, ever.

I also read some of Doom Patrol yesterday, an experience that was about equivalent to being insane for one and a half hours.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Finished Death Note Vol.3; it was a pretty boring affair overstating and drawing out the fact that Kira and L are on the same wavelength for thought process. So they're toe-to-toe. Thankfully they added Second Kira to mix things up, and handicap both Kira and L at the same time. I'll be buying the next volumes later; frankly the series is getting stale at this point and I have little interest in how it'll end.
Trust me, the death note series gets really good as you progress more.

Have just began reading The Betrayal Game by David L Robbins.
Intersection by Liu Yi-chang.
author=demondestiny link=topic=2557.msg55806#msg55806 date=1231853778
Trust me, the death note series gets really good as you progress more.

I read all of it and it got worse as it progressed. It kept dragging on.
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez.