WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

I will be done with it today and start reading the Hawk & Fisher series.
She's Not There by Jennifer Boylan

... actually, I need to start reading it because my mom is reading it. <.<;;
Dr. Futurity by God Philip K Dick
On a Dark Night I Left My Silent House by Peter Handke.

Trance: You have to read a book because your mom is reading it? O.o
It's less that my mom is reading it that it's a topic that we need to discuss and therefore if I read it (I actually recommended it to her), I should be able to talk about it in the context of the book. <.<;;
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
King Lear (by: I WONDER WHO) and Ragtime (by: E. L. Doctorow).
A Theory of Fun for Game Design by Ralph Koster.

It's a fun read (really!).
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Besides all my school textbooks (yay exam season), The (New) Turing Omnibus by A.K. Dewdney. Riveting stuff (...kind of).

EDIT:
author=Orig link=topic=2557.msg70216#msg70216 date=1239341817
Candide, or Optimism by Voltaire.
He makes books too? ???
Apparently so. It's only about 90 pages, and the characters aren't so much characters as they are symbols for the respective philosophical views of several groups of Voltaire's time.

I don't really know that much about Voltaire. Kinda bought that book on a whim one fateful day at Borders because it looked interesting (not to mention short).
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I wouldn't have known about Voltaire if it weren't for my brother, myself (he's a huge fan).
Suddenly I feel like checking out his work *remembers BRAINS song* *head explodes*
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Spycraft 2.0 by CraftyGames.
Did I mention I was reading the Brothers Karamazov? It's been quite a while.

Slow and steady.

Great book.
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman.

I dunno what happened to me, I used to love fantasy, but now I just want to finish this series and move on. It's not bad, but I'm not enjoying as much as the me from like 2 or 3 years ago would have.
I am currently reading 'To Kill A Mockingbird'.
Strangely enough, I am finding this actually pretty interesting (except how they speak. I hate the colloquialism and slang).

strangely? one of the great works of American literature, it's not like it is that surprising!

reading Billy, Pamela Stephenson's biography of her husband Billy Connolly. it makes me sad / angry!
Well maybe it's just me but it seems like a lot of people really dislike classics, either that or expect too much out of them.

Anyway, Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger. Kinda sad 'cause once I'm done I'll have read all published Salinger. :-\

EDIT: I read a lot. The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers.

EDIT2: Okay, SOMEONE say they're reading SOMETHING. I just finished Memories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez yesterday, and am planning on starting The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman today.

Oh, yeah, and I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee for English class. Good stuff. One of those classic books you have to read at least once.
Just finished Great Expectations by Charles Dickens in English Class. Interesting stuff. Who doesn't wanna read about old english women starting on fire!?

Currently reading House, by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. It got made into a movie recently. Any of you guys seen it?
Kokoro by Natsume Soseki. Aside from Murakami I've never read much Japanese literature, so this is a nice change of pace. Good exercise in loneliness written in the early 20th century.
The Dragons of Babel by Michael Swanswick. The first few chapters have:

-large metal dragons that are like sentinent jet planes
-a stone formed by rainwater that can kill if the user slashes somebody, yells that person's true name and then tells him to die
-a sort-of grandmother that may or may not be a stone
-a crucifixion
-a young girl who sold her years to the Year Eater in return for amnesia and eternal life
-a refugee camp for faeries, and associated politics
-social commentary!

It's like a steampunk fantasy Invisible Man!

Also reading Scott Pilgrim. Would also like to read Queen's Play sometime.