WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

I'm playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd on Nightmare mode for my first run. Surprisingly, Nightmare mode in The 3rd seems to be easier than in SC, at least in the beginning.
author=Hexatona
author=zDS
Hex, start Persona 5. You don't need to play 3 and 4. Different stories each game.
author=Red_Nova
Hex, start Persona 5.

will I not be inevitably dissapointed by the previous games if I play them out of order !?

It depends on what type of gamer you are. I for one can go back into the past and appreciate rougher design. Either way, just go for it! 4 has an amazing cast of characters and story as well that's actually quite different. 3 I can't say much about because I'm early in, but it's really different from 4 and 5.

Chances are, if you love 5, you'll love 4 no matter when you play.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
zDS
4 has an amazing cast of characters and story as well that's actually quite different.

Chances are, if you love 5, you'll love 4 no matter when you play.

not really. 4 is incredibly shallow. it relies on gay jokes and meaningless 40 minute scenes to tell its "story". literally the only good thing about the story was the villain reveal. sadly, the villain gets upended by stupid god bullshit, not even in good SMT fashion.

5 is actual SMT with a persona flow. 4 is just jrpg junk food for 17yos with great music. granted, if you're 15-17, you'll fucking love p4. nothing wrong wit hthat i guess, but it's in no way a masterpiece.
People hate games I like part x ):
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Go for the portable versions of P3 and P4, Hex, if you're going to play the earlier games. They're waaaay better than their console counterparts.
Everyone I know that plays FF14 all play on different servers
(I'm on Excalibur with a few buddies)

If you want to get the story of persona 4 without the long tedious dungeons and repetitive combat you could watch the anime of it. It covers basically everything from the game without the need to play yet another persona game!
But don't watch the Golden one. Just the normal one. The Golden anime focuses basically on one character and kinda sucks.
I replayed Metroid on GBA because still excited of Metroid 4 announcement.
Too much Fire Emblem Heroes and Blazblue lately on my end. :P
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Liberty
But don't watch the Golden one. Just the normal one. The Golden anime focuses basically on one character and kinda sucks.

So much to know... Thanks RMN Mom
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I just got to the end dungeon of FF15. need to go back and grind in order to survive this.

Never been so disappointed in a -game- (forget Final Fantasy) in a long time.
As soon as you leave the mainland, the game jumps aboard a rail, and becomes entirely shit. Characters are not given closure, nothing so far matters. Everyone is just dead with a blanket explanation. No story, really. A couple train rides (on rails!) and a dungeon that is narrow corridors to collect keycards in. Wee! Besides a purely financial gain standpoint, why release this?
World of Ruin especially pisses me off.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
@FF15: Now that I think about it, it's almost like an inverse FF6 with it's structure. Lucus is a huge part of the game, and it's mostly open-world in it's structure, while everything that I could do after going to Altissia felt 100% linear in it's structure to me.

Thinking on it more, this might be a comparison they wanted to happen on purpose.

There's at least a few short periods of time during the World of Ruin sequences when they show Ardyn's face, and it's so reminiscent of Kefka, it's not even funny. I'm sensing a straight-up shout-out.

Dudesoft
You're giving them too much credit. The stark change of PRODUCTION VALUE and the absolutely written out story elements and characters is a clear sign that they had to finish the game rapidly. There were so many plot holes and stuff that just made no sense.
I won't go into gross spoilers territory, but every single character had no resolution. And if they did it was like a quick slip in story moment OR LETTERS ON THE GROUND. This made Xenogears Disc 2 look like a shiny masterpiece.
I'm doing a Let's Play of the 1988 RPG Wasteland. It was one of the first games I bought for myself. Back then I had it for the C64, but this is the enhanced Steam edition, with slightly better graphics, sound, and some voice acting.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
As long as you don't have to look up the dialogue in the manual, i'm sure you'll be fine!
Marrend
Wasteland absolutely had a paragraph book that the game referred players to from time-to-time. From what I understand about the Steam version of it, there are sound bytes from the book that trigger when you would normally need to read from that book.

Though, it also has all the "fake" paragraphs as sound bytes. Wouldn't be a virtual paragraph book without them!

As an alternative, if one really wanted to, one could probably find a PDF of the paragraph book for Wasteland somewhere on the 'net.

*Edit: For full disclosure, I was a huge Wasteland finatic back in the 90's. Even went so far as to write bad short stories involving my characters for creative writing. I must have played the thing to completion at least three times.

The cool thing about running it with the C64 (Darigaaz, I feel am so bloody old) is that the reset option allowed players to reset a wide variety of locations via specific disks (or sides of disks? I know it ran from 5.5' floppies), rather than the entire game like the PC reset option does.
Yeah, I didn't have any kind of hard drive, so the game ran off of and save to floppies. One floppy had all your PC information and all the data for the overworld map, one had all the info for Vegas, one had all the data for Needles, one had all the data for Quartz. When you went into one of those areas you'd swap the discs.

So if you reformatted that one specific disk, your characters could play through that content again and get all the loot and XP again. I felt like a super-hacker when I figured that out... back then, we couldn't just look up cheats and tricks on gamefaqs!

But yeah. I did the same sort of stuff... made a fanfic comic about Wasteland. Really had a huge impact on me.

Regarding the paragraph book: When the game tells you to read a certain paragraph, it gives you a hypertext link. You can click it, and the paragraph will pop up on the screen and be read by a voice actor.

The Steam version also gives you a PDF of the manual and paragraph book, located in the directory where the game is installed.
Marrend
Being a stuck in Wild Arms 3. Like, I know what the next plot-dungeon is (it's the Dissection Facility), and where it is (a bit south-east of Boot Hill), and have the means to go there (it's accessible only via Lombardia), but I cannot physically go there. The map symbol absolutely refuses to appear via the search system.

Though, this game is more than a bit finicky about locations and having been told directions of how to get to said locations. I've been/completed a few Millenium Puzzles, and have gone to Gunner's Heaven to kill time (no Telepath Towers yet, apparently), but, it's super-frustrating!

On the other hand, two or three walkthroughs I've looked at mention a "Dessinsey" in Claiborne that I'm supposed to talk to (the guy you get your horses from?), and I just do not see him. Unless I'm being exceptionally dumb about it, which... is entirely possible :P
Dudesoft
Not me, but my friend is playing SNES Mario with his grandpa, who isn't doing too well. But he is really funny. This is his explanation of Super Mario World:
"You're the man. He jump and go in the pipe."