RPG MAKER VX INFORMATION WEBSITE

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Shadowtext, it doesn't use any hardware acceleration. I did a dependency walker on it and it pulled in GDI DLLs. Had it used hardware acceleration, it would have pulled in some other DLLs related to DirectX or OpenGL.

Either way, it's my personal opinion that NOBODY should use RMXP after RMVX comes out. RMXP runs like absolute shit compared to this. Getting twice the performance out of something seems to be a big reason to me.
Eh, I think saying XP was that much worse than VX is a little much, but yeah, you're right that VX is worth it.

I'll still keep my Zelda project on XP, even if VX comes out before I'm done, cause of how much I got done on it already.
It did seem to run smoother (I assume that's the 60fps in large part, though). But my computer's decently powerful, so I've never had a lot of trouble with RMXP in the lag arena, though I know others have, and I definitely consider that an important issue.

-_- I wish that there was a Time-Limited, rather than Feature-Limited trial available so that I could test out some of my higher end RGSS scripts in it. I wouldn't be surprised if one could just copy and paste RGSS scripts over....except ones that are dependant on RGSS1 classes.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
All I know, is that any 2D engine that lags at 640x480 is coded like shit. Hardware acceleration has been around for over a decade now. Even if RMVX doesn't use it, it still runs far better than RMXP ever thought of.
The wave_amp, wave_length, wave_speed, and wave_phase methods of Sprite make some crazy motion blurring type effects on the sprite. When you are in combat in the RMVX default combo scenario, the wavey background is a result of those methods.

MY NEW FAVORITE METHOD EVER:

Graphics.snap_to_bitmap >> returns a bitmap of the screen contents.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I'm playing around with event commands and trying to figure out what's new. The commands are now split up more into categories apparently, so I'll list them in groups. (Although I can't read Japanese so I'll number them)

<Group 1>

Show Text...

Show Choices...

Input Number...

<Group 2>

Control Switches...

Control Variables...

Control Self Switch...

Control Timer...

<Group 3>

Conditional Branch...

Loop

Break Loop

Exit Event Processing

Call Common Event

Label...

Jump to Label...

Comment...

<Group 4>

Change Gold...

Change Items...

Change Weapons...

Change Armour...

Change Party Member...

<Group 5>

Change HP...

Change MP...

Change State...

Recover All...

Change Level...

Change Parameters...

Change Skills...

Change Equipment...

Change Actor Name...

Change Actor Class...

<Group 6>

Transfer Player...

Transfer Vehicle...

Set Event Location...

Scroll Map...

Set Move Route...

Wait for Move's Completion

<Group 7>

Change Transparent Flag...

Show Animation...

Show Emote...

Erase Event

<Group 8>

Fade Out

Fade In

Change Screen Colour Tone...

Screen Flash...

Screen Shake...

<Group 9>

Wait...

<Group 10>

Show Picture...

Move Picture...

Rotate Picture...

Change Picture Colour Tone...

Erase Picture...

Set Weather Effects...

<Group 11>

Play BGM...

Fade Out BGM...

Play BGS...

Fade Out BGS...

Play ME...

Play SE...

Stop SE

<Group 12>

Battle Processing...

Shop Processing...

Name Input Processing...

Call Menu Screen

Call Save Screen

Game Over

Return to Title Screen

<Group 13>

Change Battle BGM...

Change Battle End ME...

Change Save Access...

Change Menu Access...

Change Encounter...

Change Actor Graphic...

Change Vehicle Graphic...

<Group 14>

Script...

<Group 15>

Change Enemy HP...

Change Enemy MP...

Change Enemy State...

Enemy Recover All...

Enemy Appearance...

Enemy Transform...

Show Battle Animation...

Force Action...

Abort Battle

------

A couple of event commands that were in RMXP have been removed:

Change Text Options - it's been integrated into the Show Text command.

Button Input Processing - removed entirely.

Change Windowskin - removed entirely.

Change Map Settings - removed entirely.

Change Fog Colour Tone - removed entirely.

Change Fog Opacity - removed entirely.

Prepare for Transition - removed entirely.

Execute Transition - removed entirely.

Memorize BGM/BGS - removed entirely.

Restore BGM/BGS - removed entirely.

Deal Damage - removed entirely.
FYI if you want to mess around with scripts in RMVX, use the Call Script feature of an event. They didn't block that.

s = Sprite.new
s.bitmap = Graphics.snap_to_bitmap
s.wave_amp = 10
s.wave_length = 60
s.wave_speed = 120
loop do
Graphics.update
s.update
end
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Some other changes:

They've added two conditions to event pages that RMXP didn't have: Item being held in inventory, or actor being in the party.

There's no longer a hue slider when selecting an event graphic.

There are only 5 speeds for movement frequency now instead of 6.

You can once again set an event to be "below hero", "same level as hero" or "above hero". Subsequently, there is no longer an "always on top" option.

The options setting of the tools menu no longer has a default option for transparent colour. You can change it to anything you like.

A number of options have been added for actors. The first is dual wielding. I have no idea what the others are. There is no longer a maximum level setting.

You can set individual names for skillsets based on class again.

There are some slight changes to skill scopes. The new list, as far as I could tell from testing, is as follows:

None
Single enemy
All enemies
Single enemy, 2 hits
Random enemy
Random enemy, 2 hits
Random enemy, 3 hits
Single ally
All allies
One ally (HP 0)
All allies (HP 0)
The user

Skills have some other new options but I can't figure out what they do. You can also set up a usage message again, like you could in rm2k.

Two enemy action conditions have been added: MP and state. You can no longer select multiple conditions for an action.

Enemies can now drop two items.

States have more options in restrictions, but I don't know what they are.

You can set two animation graphics for a single animation.

There is no longer a "play miss" button.

There is no longer a tileset tab.

I actually like the RMVX set.

I just tried this out and my computer is stone age too and it worked perfectly just fine! I love it.
I might make Sacred Moon in here instead but the RGSS might be a great challenge for someone like me ^^;

I am really looking forward for this, everything ran so fluid. But I really miss the feature where you can see the sprite move since I don't like seeing it in IDraw.
New favorite method

Graphics.resize_screen(width, height)

Graphics.resize_screen(320, 240) anyone? :)
Free trial?! When did that come out?

Downloading now.

EDIT:
Played their little minidemo, and I have to say VX is far better than XP. It's very smooth and the chibisprites are actually quite good. They fit perfectly with the RTP, despite what everyone (including me) thought when we first saw the screenshots.

I love it.
author=prexus link=topic=424.msg6040#msg6040 date=1197366329
New favorite method

Graphics.resize_screen(width, height)

Graphics.resize_screen(320, 240) anyone? :)
Oh, wow. That's awesome. It really works, and it works fast and seamlessly.

Man, I wish I didn't have to work....I totally need to dump the methods of the various RGSS2 classes and modules now. The Help File just doesn't give me enough information.

For Graphics, here are the unique public methods I'm seeing:
* brightness
* height
* _reset
* brightness=
* frame_reset
* update
* visible
* fadeout
* visible=
* resize_screen
* fadein
* wait
* frame_rate
* frame_rate=
* transition
* frame_count
* width
* frame_count=
* snap_to_bitmap

Most of those are old, but the ability to set the frame rate and brightness are interesting. Not that I see any reason to not use 60fps, but the ability to change it is neato anyway.
The chibisprites don't fit that well with the main map, if you ask me. Otherwise you're right, Kentona. I still don't like them though...
WIP
snap_to_bitmap is a stupid name, but a great method.
author=prexus link=topic=424.msg6048#msg6048 date=1197392428
.frame_reset was in XP.
Most of them were. I just meant "unique" in the sense that they don't come from parent superclasses like the Module class itself.
Where is the RPG Maker VX trial? I thought it might be on the Japanese site, but I can't find the site anywhere.