FF 5. HATES. ME.

Pages: first 12 next last
Ater a while, I wanted to play Final Fantasy V again, so I took out the GBA game and wanted to play, but then I realized that the DSi won't take GBA games. Bummer X__x
But I wanted to play the game s bad, so I went to the attic and searched for the PSX version. After about an hour I found it and it made me happy. Then I put it into the PS3, watched the intro and all that stuff. Then I wanted to save, and after closing the save screen the game just crashed. And when I load it there's just a black screen. Then I tried it again. Nothing. I tried it for about 6 times, then gave up.

Sooo... Is there any other version of the game out there?
Emulator version, I guess.
Yus. I was just about to suggest this, but I got confused and started wondering if Emulator and rom talk was good on this forum. =|

It's EASY to find the ROM of either the GBA or SNES/PSX version, though.
emulate that shit primarily because the PSX version SUUUCKKKSSS
I know, but I wated to play it soo bad x,x
The PSX version was translated like shit, the loading times were annoying...
I'll emulate it, thank you, guys! :)
Do the GBA FF5A version, it actually doesn't have a horrific localization! (see SNES and PS1 FF5 for examples)
I have it on GBA, and I don't like the localization, and the worse part is I have no good reason to dislike it. I have no idea what my problem is with it.
"Sweet Christmas, it's a talking turtle!
Yus! I loved the dialogue in the GBA version, so check that one out.
Yeah, like Galuf: " Who's idea was it to steal that ship? "
Bartz: " Take a look in the mirror, hopps! "
Galuf: " Aaaaah, my head >,< "
It was never released in North America on the SNES right? I do plan on playing FF5 eventually and so this thread is actually pretty useful, I guess I'll get the GBA version or do some people strongly believe that it sucks (other than canook)?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
FF5 GBA was NOT messed up. It's quite enjoyable and not a push-over.
Yepp, the story is lame and you can always see what's next, the graphics are small and undetailed, but the gameplay is rock - solid! I hope they'll release the game for the DS one day...
PS: Woot, I can finaly play it legally, got my DS Lite back *,*
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I honestly feel that FFV is an exersize in tedium...with a lame story to boot.
While your comment sounds pretentious could you explain why you think so, in case I ever feel like playing it.
FF5 is one of the titles where it is hard to get into it, but once you did the game is great!
And it has a great soundtrack, one song went down in history...
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=97787
While your comment sounds pretentious could you explain why you think so, in case I ever feel like playing it.

Exercise*

I don't see anything pretentious about it, especially since I said "I honestly feel" instead of stating my opinion as fact. I'm sorry if my writing style seems formal and pompous -- it's not out of arrogance or anything like that. I'm actually quite humble.

Back on topic, I feel that the storyline is extremely weak: it feels like a step backward from FF4's, which, in turn, was lightyears ahead of the first three "grindfests" in the series. It's a boring tale not worth the amount of work required.

I found the gameplay tedious and outdated. It takes scores of hours to get the full experience of the class system, and that time is mostly spent fighting the same monsters to accumulate levels and ability points. While I have no problem with moderate level grinding, I'd much rather see a game offer flexibility from the start and have people spend time on the main quest or side stories-- much like western RPGs and the more recent Final Fantasies.

Of course, the game has its share of classic moments: the comedy scenes, Gilgamesh and the Big Bridge, and so on. It's by no means a horrible game, but it's really low on my list of Final Fantasies. Heck, I'd place it down there with the first three and X-2.

FFV definitely refined the class and ATB systems, but it was not a champion in its own right. Tedious fighting, bland stories, inconsistent music, and mediocre graphics are my major beefs with these early games. I think most of that was at least somewhat fixed in the next installment...
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
GBA version is definitely the best.
post=97899
I found the gameplay tedious and outdated. It takes scores of hours to get the full experience of the class system, and that time is mostly spent fighting the same monsters to accumulate levels and ability points. While I have no problem with moderate level grinding, I'd much rather see a game offer flexibility from the start and have people spend time on the main quest or side stories-- much like western RPGs and the more recent Final Fantasies.

"The gameplay of this game is bad because games developed years after it are better!"

The gameplay is outdated compared to...what? Do you realize that this game was released almost 20 years ago? There wasn't much before it to call it outdated!
Pages: first 12 next last