IDEA FOR A NEW COMMUNITY PROJECT

Pages: first prev 123 last
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I'd assume one would play one of the game's characters, as opposed to using them as your forces. A "hero" card of sorts, in the vein of UFS or WoW TCGs. After all, three Wanderers? Not very logical.

I'd assume, as with those games, each hero has access to certain types of cards. A character might have the icons for Fire, Slashing, and Healing somewhere on their card. Any "action" card with one of those icons would be fair game. So, this character could an Ice/Slashing attack, despite it having an Ice icon in its requirements.

As far as actions go, there'd be some sort of one-off action card and a type of card that generates a continuous effect. There also should be something that limits how many cards may be played in a turn, possibly resembling MP.

That's all I got so far though.
the fewer the rules, the better the game. look at the card game in ff8 and tell me it isn't excellent.
I was thinking about something along FFVIII lines, but the shame about using those mechanics in this case would be 1.) Some cards would be far and away better than others with no calling cost to balance it 2.) Wouldn't allow for customization between characters, each would just be a plain set of numbers. Worked better as a collect-em-all RPG idea.

I definitely agree a game of this sort should keep it simple though.
I was talking more about the concept of extreme simplicity.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Look what I found.

Ignore Max's anti-innovationalism. You guys can just steal the bits you need.
I've heard that http://www.lackeyccg.com/ is decent for card game-type design. I think it's free too, although I've never used it.

It allows people to play eachother online, but doesn't allow AI/collectibility.
Someone once told me blackjack was a game either simulating or making fun of how much you can beat a slave before they die. The point was to beat the slave closest to death without killing the slave. Perhaps it is Americans messing with a Russian.
I am very interested in helping with statuses, effects, rules, gameplay, etc.
If you would let me help, send me a PM with any ideas you are thinking are "must haves" or ideas you have already decided to implement.
I played, yugioh, pokemon, and magic, so I know a little about card games. (Not to toot my own horn, though)
So what's been suggested so far either falls along the lines of what Chaos has said, or has been people (who appear to not want to take the effort of presenting some actual rule ideas?) calling for the game to have simpler rules.

Yep this is dying fast.
What if we had some sort of RPG based Tic Tac Toe?
post=97330
Tic Tac Toe?

Toe Tac Tic if read backwards :).
war? war isn't simple. people have different rules when you "war." there was a different forum that had nothing to do with games. someone made his own card based PC game for Doom and Quake. it was pretty good too, but the maker lost interest.
post=97138
Pazaak was fun.

lol I remember Pazaak, good times.
Pages: first prev 123 last