HOW'D YOU DECIDE ON A GAME TITLE?

I just throw some random words together and then try to make it relevant when making the game.

I do this with pretty much all of my writings.
post=136246
huhwhat?

What don't you understand?
post=136277
post=136246
huhwhat?
What don't you understand?

The random collection of vowels and consonants that made up your title that perfect suited your game.
I just wait until inspiration hits! I'm never in a hurry to decide on a game title; it isn't really important in the development process IMO so I'm content to wait until I get a few ideas and decide which to use later. In the meantime I'll just stick with a in development title for reference. "Crystals" and "Snares" are both terrible titles but until I decide on a real title I don't have any problem referencing them with those.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Cthulhugame, Tacticsgame, Familiargame, Magegame, and Othergame are all (sarcasm ? "excellent" : "working") titles
post=136279
The random collection of vowels and consonants that made up your title that perfect suited your game.

They're not random at all, and is probably the most appropriate title for a game on this website, at least in a practical sense. It is exactly what it describes...
b.b.b..b.b..but the words... they mean nothing! (I don't speak (I presume) japanese).
I often namedrop an important subject from that game's story in my titles. They are pretty much always important/core to the concept of the game itself. Every game on this site that I have been a developer for is like this.

I have an aversion to titles with nondescript, environmental or narrative connotations that use words like saga, quest, journey, fantasy, etc.
post=136298
b.b.b..b.b..but the words... they mean nothing! (I don't speak (I presume) japanese).

lol. The "random" vowels and consonants make up the title of the manga I'm basing off my game on, you don't need to know Japanese to understand this.

Basically, the title of my game is "title of the original series I'm basing it on: RPG"
Tentative title to the max.
I did not know it was a manga.
post=136299
I have an aversion to titles with nondescript, environmental or narrative connotations that use words like saga, quest, journey, fantasy, etc.

what about REALM and HEROS huh
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
post=136204
It is probably best to reserve thinking of a title until you are at a stage where you need to release the project or write a gamepage for it. You should probably have most of the story planned out before you decide on a title so you can make sure the title is relevant to the story you want to tell, for example.

I have decided on the title of basically every game I have ever made before starting a lick of work.

::shrug::

I have an aversion to titles that are absolute gibberish like (I shit you not) FATAL DESTINY.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I tried to pick a title that would drive away 99% of everybody on sight. Then I added 'Hunter' to it.
post=136220
http://norefuge.net/vgng/vgng.html

African Platypus Gold
Holy Caveman Orchestra
Tropical Unicycle Crusader
Magnetic Breakdancing Paratroopers

MAGNETIC BREAKDANCING PARATROOPERS
More relevantly, the title "Chromatose" is relevant to the game's themes and gives a big hint as to what the game is about although the word isn't anywhere in game other than the title since it is just the game's theme.

Also I guess you won't know what it means if you don't speak a good deal of English and have knowledge of root words or whatnot.
I started with "Knights of Eden", found out there was already an RM game with that title, changed to "A Knight of Eden", then "Legacy of Eden: A Knight of Eden", then "Eden Legacy: A Knight of Eden".

Basically, I don't know how I choose my awful titles and I should probably get someone else to start doing it for me : )
I usually give my games descriptive names, after what you do in them, or what's in them, or whatever. Like Magus and His Love, or Santa's Sleigh Ride (actually this is more about Santa giving out presents) or even Demo of Tommy, the Text Adventure of the Movie of the Rock Opera.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
post=136403
I tried to pick a title that would drive away 99% of everybody on sight. Then I added 'Hunter' to it.

What you mean g?

Everyone here LOVES pokemans!
It changes a lot for me. I've got a canceled project call "All the Ponies" because I still can't think of another name for it and had been reading nursery rhymes to my niece the day I started it. Then there's descriptive ones like "Dungeon Crawl" and "Project X and O" - though those kind of titles seem kinda lazy to me.

Others like "Key" and "Realms Shattered" allude to plot-specific parts of the games. Then you got the really weird ones like "Love's Requiem" or "Even Day" which kinda but not really have something to do with the real plot. If you squint a bit.

As to how I think of these names, it's usually a case of reading/hearing/thinking up a cool turn of phrase or trying to sum up the idea/feel of a game in as few words as possible. RealmS's first title was very boring - broken worlds. Very tentative title. I then tried to find synonyms for both words that 'fit' together nicely and were easy to remember/rolled off the tongue.

Even Day came from a poem I wrote for the game itself - it was supposed to be a prophecy of sorts but ended up just being a piece of major literature in-game. It's on the main page of the game.

Celdran's Curse was plot-centric as the main characters are both afflicted with the disease known as Celdran's Curse. Pretty simple explanation. ^.^

So yeah, there's lots of ways to come across names for your projects. It's just finding the one that fits best that can be troublesome.

In other news:
Insane Sunshine Pimps

That is all. ^.^
I usually hit mine after outlining the entire thing or the first 2 fleshed out chapters