WHAT RMN GAME ARE YOU PLAYING NOW?

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=benos
Shadow of Life

Just played a good part of it, that game is amazing and worthwhile.
Otherwise, recently "Wither", wich I liked and, of course, all or almost all the Summer contest games.
Happy
Devil's in the details
Playing Money and Power at the moment and I'm liking it so far. It has good music and pretty fun characters & dialogue + the general design seems to be pretty coherent.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=chana
author=benos
Shadow of Life
Just played a good part of it, that game is amazing and worthwhile.
Otherwise, recently "Wither", wich I liked and, of course, all or almost all the Summer contest games.

Very confusing, and a dark game, but overall, confusing lol.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Forever's End

Only thing that bothers me is how it's at first very similar to FF4 storywise.
Playing :

Legend of Illarion (Immersion is great, it's the first time that the story and characters in a game does not bother me.)

Super Mario RPG - Seven Sages (Super fun with the worldmap and exploration!)

Pokemon Hunter 2 - (The game is cool, but less than the first...)

Completed game :

Leo & Leah (Really fun, but the battles are too simple, and I did not like the last world. (Marsh))

Pokemon Hunter (The game has a certain charm, especially with the "construction" of the village after each finished dungeon)

Dragon Fantasy (Very oldschool, very fun, but I did not really like the design of the worldmap, it was too "unnatural" ...)

Legend of Shenja (A pretty cool RPG, just a little disappointed that BattleCharset does not represent the heroes ...)

Retro Quest 2 (I finished the game, but I did not make the extra content, it was too hard ...)

Abandoned Game :

Legionwood (The fighting became repetitive, and as the game became linear and I could not find the skill shop, I gave up.)

War of Two Worlds (The text is super slow ... if the text would not be so slow, I think I would not give up because it still has a certain charm ...)

Cognitive Dissonance (The reason why I give this game is super stupid ...
I give up because since the beginning of the game, we got the same number of XP from monsters, I found it a bit annoying and boring ... -_-)
Visions and Voices RMVX Remake.

I am enjoying it greatly.
Aside from my ongoing beta-testing of Cosplay Crisis - I recently played the hell out of Set Discrepancy's demo (until stopped by demo gremlins) which got me hunkering for more Sci-Fi goodness with high production values. So for the last few hours me and a friend have been playing I Miss the Sunrise on the TV thanks to a pc-to-tv cable (VX games actually look pretty awesome scaled up!).

Please excuse that my phone is about as good at taking pictures as a pocket calculator.
I have played some RM2k3 games with my PC hooked up to an older CRT TV, and used a controller to play it, sitting on a couch.

Somehow, it made all the games better. (nostalgia +1)
author=kentona
I have played some RM2k3 games with my TV, and used a controller to play it, sitting on a couch.

Now that's the way to do it.
Funny you should say that. Although IMTS is a great candidate for "a game that makes you forget you're playing an RM game" in it's own right.. Whilst playing this on the TV with the PS1 controller it was surprising how much it felt like we were playing a "legit" video game. Changed my attitude toward the game entirely (even though I already felt positively about IMTS, somehow this made it feel like a game I'd purchased and thus I had a different gameplay experience to when I usually play RM games - IE - mentally breaking everything down and analyzing as I play rather than getting immersed).
A Home Far Away. The rm95 sprites were a great choice, and I like the simple edits to default battles (charge attack).
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=kentona
I have played some RM2k3 games with my PC hooked up to an older CRT TV, and used a controller to play it, sitting on a couch.

Dang, I should've kept my old CRT TV. I just wonder how I'd make controllers work for RPG Maker games.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=NewBlack
Aside from my ongoing beta-testing of Cosplay Crisis - I recently played the hell out of Set Discrepancy's demo (until stopped by demo gremlins) which got me hunkering for more Sci-Fi goodness with high production values. So for the last few hours me and a friend have been playing I Miss the Sunrise on the TV thanks to a pc-to-tv cable (VX games actually look pretty awesome scaled up!).

Please excuse that my phone is about as good at taking pictures as a pocket calculator.

Somehow even on a massive widescreen tv they still look good. I've actually played CC on the big screen myself when I was bored one time. I used my sister's laptop and hooked it to the screen while utilizing a PC controller. It was pretty awesome.
author=Nightowl
author=kentona

Dang, I should've kept my old CRT TV. I just wonder how I'd make controllers work for RPG Maker games.

You can buy ps1/2 and/or n64 controller USB adapters for almost pennies on ebay. Can probably find SNES ones too at a push. Also obviously there's just the choice of using a usb PC gamepad (xbox 360 controllers can be used as gamepads for PC by default)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
"I had a different gameplay experience to when I usually play RM games - IE - mentally breaking everything down and analyzing as I play rather than getting immersed)." : interesting, that would fit in the topic "Players behaviors commercial games vs amateur" (or sqomething like that... "Is the Player always right", etc.).
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Playing Dorian Hunt.
Dorian Hunt is mine favorite game too.
Might play one of my older projects sometime tonight if I get a chance: Heavenly Orb: Forgotten Dreams. That's if I get a chance.

Otherwise, might search through the site and look for something to play. :D
I'm just playing through Alter A.I.L.A Genesis and Hero's Realm right now.
Wooooo...both goodies. :D

I wanna try Ocean's latest game if I get some time tonight, but I have homework...so that may have to wait. ^^