REAL LIFE RPG

Pages: first 12 next last
Has anyone thought what a real life rpg style thing would be like.

Simular to a theme park using wooden weapons and stuff with actors playing key parts such as npcs and the antagonist.

Say your thoughts on it.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
don't knock LARPing until you've tried it
post=146164

I'll pass.
Back where I used to live there was a LARP that took place once a year called Dreamscape. My friend invited me to it once but I couldn't go. I don't know, I think it's probably better to leave RPGs in the realm of gaming, but LARPing would be something to try once...
if I was bored...
really, really bored...
post=146166
post=146164

oh yeah?
I would have so much fun doing that

and feel so, so stupid afterwards
Tau
RMN sex symbol
post=146173
oh yeah?
MAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIC MISSLE!!

I have never seen someone that fucking lame in my entire life.. Well I guess I have now. It's good to have firsts!
Happy
Devil's in the details
I'm pretty sure all LARPing doesn't always involve going nuts with wooden sticks or boffing, so this discussion might have more to offer than just "lol, let's laugh at those geeks." I've never tried LARP myself, or know really anything about it, but I'd imagine there also is roleplays which focus more onto playing a specific role in a certain setting.
Like for example I've heard of stuff where they establish a medieval village and people play different villagers and have their social relationships, etc pre-defined.
Then there are vampire, pirate and all sorts of other renaissance roleplays.

Umm I was just searching videos of better looking LARPs and this looked interesting:

edit: oh, they fought too.. well, anyway.
In my city, Vampire: The Masquerade LARPS were more common. It's slightly less goofy, because people would dress black instead of medieval-like. They'd do it in public places though.
post=146164

yeah it sounds like it would be fun if you're with a bunch of guys who are prepared to play it for laughs / not be COMPLETELY DEADLY SERIOUS
i would larp with (some of) you people
geodude can be my damsel in distress
Today I saw my stepbrother on his way to a LARP. And I thought of this thread. He was going to a larp called Sotahuuto. Which is apparently a yearly boffer larp or something ilke that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sotahuuto2010
They even have some cute trailers.

Don't tell me this doesn't look like an insane amount of fun.
I role play all the time

That was meant to be a dirty joke
post=146209
Today I saw my stepbrother on his way to a LARP. And I thought of this thread. He was going to a larp called Sotahuuto. Which is apparently a yearly boffer larp or something ilke that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sotahuuto2010
They even have some cute trailers.

Don't tell me this doesn't look like an insane amount of fun.

That actually doesn't look so bad...
I'd go.

~Sion
I have to admit, I would probably enjoy a LARP if it was good and I was offered the opportunity.
Pages: first 12 next last