CRAZE'S LET'S PLAY! TOPIC

Thanks, even if it is a cancelled LT. I'm going to watch it right now.
The game music volume level is too high in the Bronze Soul videos, the first one anyways. At some parts it's impossible to hear what you are saying.
Okay, just watched them. What really disappointed me was that you gave up too early. I did manage to improve past the intro sequence. Was there one thing that you didn't hate about it?

EDIT: But you did manage to keep me chuckling during the first two videos. It was the third one that kind of bugged me the most.

EDIT EDIT: This is my advice. I don't know if you'll follow it or not. Just play the rest of the demo in a not-LT video way, and see what you think of the rest...though granted, I kind of wish you would finish it LT-wise. And yes, I do know the reason why you aren't going to.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I didn't hate the names I gave the characters.

Updated with Vacant Sky. Polished games need to be polished.
post=202737
I didn't hate the names I gave the characters.

Well that's comforting.

And just so you know, I'm not mad. I want to rip your spine out and beat you to death with it. Disappointed, but not mad.

And if I had a microphone of my own, I'd give LTing a try, too. But then again, we have five or so, so that would be superfluous.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Saw the first couple videos for Vacant Sky. Your pronunciation of "Virad" was actually correct. Thanks for pointing out some minor things (such as UI quirks) that hadn't occurred to me before.

EDIT: There is actually a reason why sometimes, names and faces don't appear for text boxes. When no name or face is given, it's the protagonist's thoughts (which aren't spoken).
craze i imagined you would sound like a ruff + gruff half-dwarf mercenary

I can't wait to get somewhere with my game so I can hear you say it sucks 8]

p.s. you should turn the game volume down, it's pretty hard to hear you a lot of the time (though it might help if i actually owned headphones and could listen to things loudly)
Say, quick question: If, oh say, I did an LT without spoken dialogue, but instead used captions, would I be doing something stupid?
Craze
post=202742
EDIT: There is actually a reason why sometimes, names and faces don't appear for text boxes. When no name or face is given, it's the protagonist's thoughts (which aren't spoken).

I guess that makes sense, but sometimes it's hard to know who is actually thinking - the masked guy's sprite is shown on the maps in the intro dungeon, but the thoughts don't sound like they would be his.

I'll be able to provide more constructive/scathing criticism once the game, y'know, starts. The first half-hour lets you move around, but not do anything worthwhile. Please fix the corpses.

Also, I'm editing the youtube descriptions with the proper spelling of your username. Sorry. ;_;

MKID232: Yeah. Voice lets you give on-the-fly reactions and advice; captions require going back later and isn't interesting to watch.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
post=202755
post=202742
I guess that makes sense, but sometimes it's hard to know who is actually thinking - the masked guy's sprite is shown on the maps in the intro dungeon, but the thoughts don't sound like they would be his.

I'll be able to provide more constructive/scathing criticism once the game, y'know, starts. The first half-hour lets you move around, but not do anything worthwhile. Please fix the corpses.

Also, I'm editing the youtube descriptions with the proper spelling of your username. Sorry. ;_;

With the exception of the prologue where you're Vastale, the protagonist is always Auria, so the thoughts are always hers. And yeah, I acknowledge that it takes a while for the game to get started. With East Naven, however, you can skip all of the shopping and other sidequests if you so choose by just going home prematurely. Having the extra EXP from the sidequests helps, but it doesn't adversely affect you to just go ahead.

With regard to the corpses, I had thought of doing that originally, but I felt that the paths would get clogged and annoying to navigate, seeing as how the hallways are only three tiles wide.
@MKID Since Craze is obviously an experienced gamer he, like most of us, will expect a higher level of quality from all aspects of a game. I have never played one of your games myself but have seen screens and now gameplay and I don't disagree with anything he said.

Also, you shouldn't ask someone to play your game expecting positive things. You shouldn't be disappointed about it, its the truth. Instead you should understand why it's bad and learn to make it better. Do research. Raise your own standards.
Craze
post=202756
With the exception of the prologue where you're Vastale, the protagonist is always Auria, so the thoughts are always hers.

Okay, that's fine. I still don't think the thoughts in the intro match up with Vastale's speaking lines, though.

post=202756
And yeah, I acknowledge that it takes a while for the game to get started. With East Naven, however, you can skip all of the shopping and other sidequests if you so choose by just going home prematurely. Having the extra EXP from the sidequests helps, but it doesn't adversely affect you to just go ahead.

I'll be doing everything I can for the sake of trying to break the game. =D And I don't really think the intro is bad - I mean, I didn't even realize that it had been an entire half-hour! I wish the battles required more than one BIG BOOM though. They can be super-easy still, but... yeah. I'm not really complaining that it takes a long time to get started, it's just that looking back you didn't really do anything. If the player doesn't notice the long expanse while he's playing, it's not really an issue. =D

post=202756
With regard to the corpses, I had thought of doing that originally, but I felt that the paths would get clogged and annoying to navigate, seeing as how the hallways are only three tiles wide.

Be fucking consistent. Having to dodge three corpses isn't going to hamper anybody's enjoyment of the game.
Craze
post=202758
@MKID Since Craze is obviously an experienced gamer he, like most of us, will expect a higher level of quality from all aspects of a game.

I'm double-posting because this is an important aspect of my viewpoint/mindset to bring up:

My goal is for RMN to produce games that I wouldn't be embarrassed to see outside of the incestpool RM* community.

The only games I know of that fit that description for me are Hero's Realm, Exit Fate and Last Scenario. Last Scenario could use a mapping overhaul in the early parts, but it's a pretty amazing game otherwise. Hero's Realm is just... man. So much thought, balance, effort, character, charm, etc. was put into that game. It has some issues that I wish I had LT'd out of it, but it's incredibly impressive. (Note that V&V is not on this list.) Avarice is a possible addition, but I think it needs some work first. I just couldn't tell you exactly what. I think it was mostly lots of nitpicky stuff, and the whole "two weeks of devtime" thing.
post=202758
@MKID Since Craze is obviously an experienced gamer he, like most of us, will expect a higher level of quality from all aspects of a game. I have never played one of your games myself but have seen screens and now gameplay and I don't disagree with anything he said.

Also, you shouldn't ask someone to play your game expecting positive things. You shouldn't be disappointed about it, its the truth. Instead you should understand why it's bad and learn to make it better. Do research. Raise your own standards.
It's not the fact that he was putting my game in a negative light. It's the fact that the LT wasn't finished. I knew he was going to hate on aspects of the game. I knew there was going to be things I'd need to improve. It does sting to realize I have to improve on pretty much everything.

As for...
post=202742
MKID232: Yeah. Voice lets you give on-the-fly reactions and advice; captions require going back later and isn't interesting to watch.
I can see what you mean on that. I think until I get a microphone, I'll hold off on any video making...I think my dad has a mic somewhere, I just have to find it.

EDIT: He does, but he won't let me use it. Ah well.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Okay, that's fine. I still don't think the thoughts in the intro match up with Vastale's speaking lines, though.

I might revise some of it, then. The intro with the Virad is the oldest part of the game and hasn't changed significantly since 2007.

I'll be doing everything I can for the sake of trying to break the game. =D

Awesome. I'm not sure whether or not I hope you succeed, but it'll be interesting to watch nonetheless.

Be fucking consistent. Having to dodge three corpses isn't going to hamper anybody's enjoyment of the game.

Fair enough.
My goal is for RMN to produce games that I wouldn't be embarrassed to see outside of the incestpool RM* community.

What about Balmung Cycle? Alter Aila?

Really, the quote does more to your character than I ever could. Thank you for saving me the effort.
Unpopular opinion I guess, but I generally prefer RPGs made from RPG Maker than from any other freeware program.

When they're good, they're great. The other games kind of mash into one, imo.
I originally put this forward for YDS to do, but he says he tried playing it and isn't very good at top down shooters. Maybe you'd have better luck? The gaem does have some tough bosses but I'd love to watch someone do a playthrough.

(Oh and remember to read the PCs)

http://rpgmaker.net/games/718/
Craze
post=202824
What about Balmung Cycle? Alter Aila?

Really, the quote does more to your character than I ever could. Thank you for saving me the effort.

I actually talked about Balmung Cycle with Karsuman because it'd been a while since I played it (and quit because Alrick lived). I came to the decision that it's going to be an LT soon so that I can decide.

I hated Alter AILA. I wanted to like it, but the dialogue sucked and the maps were dull and the battles were slow as hell.