CRAZE'S LET'S PLAY! TOPIC

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
NB said Alter AILA, not Alter AILA Genesis. I'm also incredibly skeptical of AA:G because of everything good I've heard about it, and the fact that it's in 2k3. Guess I'll eventually have to LT it!
He is probably referring to the original, which did have some serious issues.

Edit: Wow, that was a coincidence.
Craze
Karsuman, we have a psychic connection. You should have figured that out by now.

EDIT: F-G, I hate your guts. You edited that in after I already posted.

I hate it when you edit posts. You and Dark Gaia. Go die.
Craze
post=202995
I've never played the original Alter A.I.L.A., but Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis is better than most commerical RPGs.
Derp.

^-- This was completely unnecessary.
F-G should only be allowed to edit his posts for now on. lol.....
Didn't that happen once before? The disabling of editing...

I edit my posts all the time, but I usually tag it with EDIT.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
post=202995
I've never played the original Alter A.I.L.A., but Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis is better than most commerical RPGs.
Derp.

Congratulations. Thanks to you, this conversation now makes little sense to those on the outside looking in.
Derp.

Derp

Yeah, I was referring to the latest iteration, since Neo doesn't even want to acknowledge the existence of the original anymore.
post=202824
My goal is for RMN to produce games that I wouldn't be embarrassed to see outside of the incestpool RM* community.
Really, the quote does more to your character than I ever could.

are you actually being serious or is this some post-ironic hipster thing i don't understand or what
Craze
post=202898
I originally put this forward for YDS to do, but he says he tried playing it and isn't very good at top down shooters. Maybe you'd have better luck? The gaem does have some tough bosses but I'd love to watch someone do a playthrough.

(Oh and remember to read the PCs)

http://rpgmaker.net/games/718/

1) YDS is a girl

2) I can't get past the second level of Hydorah

3) I will try it, I guess, but it will probably end up cancelled. However, I set up a personal request prior to this -

After completing Vacant Sky, I am going to be trying Legionwood by Dark Gaia.

This might surprise the hell out of some of you.

I personally petitioned Dark Gaia for his permission to tackle the now-completed project because, in short, I feel that he has more drive, ambition and will to improve than just about anybody on this forum or in the community. We have a particularly horrid past together, but I'm willing to put that (somewhat) aside for the sake of helping him produce a game that I wouldn't be embarrassed to see outside of the incestpool. Dark Gaia told me that he would be willing to revise and improve the game further based on my Let's Try, so kudos to him.

Please understand that I am not LTing Legionwood out of spite or to humilate Dark Gaia, as some of you would most likely love for me to do.

I'll do more videos this weekend or Friday, most likely. Tomorrow is a very busy for me, and I actually have to write the last 25% of an essay right about five minutes ago.
Yep everyone, I did personally give Craze my permission to play the game. I'll be watching the videos in earnest with a paper and pen ready to note down any improvements Craze might have to offer. (I might need a lot of paper)

That said, I'll be away for a few days so probably won't see the videos when Craze uploads them.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
post=203197
I don't see why you needs anyone's permission to play/rate a game...

I'm inclined to agree. That would be like saying "You have my permission to review my game. I would, however, like to request a minimum rating of 3.5 stars... need to keep those viewers, you know?"
Well of course he doesn't need my permission. In fact I encourage people to go ahead and play it anyway... I assume Craze thought it would be the right thing to ask me since we're somewhat antagonists to each other and of course since I'm expecting his reviews will be rather scathing. I appreciate that.
Craze
I have a few reasons. I've asked several developers before lining up LTs (Vacant Sky, Legionwood, potential Chronology of the Last Era) because the games are complete, and/or I have a not-entirely-positive history with them. I also want to make sure that the developer would actually give a damn that I was doing the LT; my effort doing Dragonlands was completely and utterly wasted and only caused stupid drama with the developer.

Reviews don't need permission; commenting, recording and editing 10+ hours of gameplay, I feel, does.
F-G and NB's stuff

I agree that AA:G would be a fun LT, but I'd personally just wait till Neok makes the final release, since it is very close to completion.
post=203219
I have a few reasons. I've asked several developers before lining up LTs (Vacant Sky, Legionwood, potential Chronology of the Last Era) because the games are complete, and/or I have a not-entirely-positive history with them. I also want to make sure that the developer would actually give a damn that I was doing the LT; my effort doing Dragonlands was completely and utterly wasted and only caused stupid drama with the developer.

Reviews don't need permission; commenting, recording and editing 10+ hours of gameplay, I feel, does.

Well I do think that it was nice anyway to ask me first. Also yes, I understand that making these videos is a huge undertaking on your part so it's expected to at least make sure you're not wasting your time doing them.