IM BACK! WITH QUESTIONS!

Pages: 1
HI! I know ALL of you guys don't know me, but I have been away for 4 months I think... Anywasye, I thought about making a game (Again). So, Upon telling my friends this, One of them challenged me. Of cource I took the challenge.

Now to the questions...

1. Charas - I went to the site and I made my own sprites... But for the "Right hand" and the 'Left hand" thing for the character creator isn't working. I seperated them like the other sprites but it didn't work neither. So I read the details of the RPG2k3 sprites. So I read it, and I followed everything, and it's still not working...
Anyone help me? (This is confusing to read, but it's more confusing to write!)

2. Chipsets - I'm having trouble with the house... The roofs dosen't fit with the other roofs... How am I suppose to make a house without a decent roof? Can anyone help me with a sprite house? Or just tell me if there is another way.

3. Events - I pretty much know how to do events and stuff but, How do I cancel an event by altering an event? For example. I can't go out the city because I have to talk to a certain person. But, when I talked to him, I can get out... So how do I do that?

Well... This is all for now... More will soon to come!

(Someone said to fix my typing, so I did! Just can't remember who!)

-Ninjoscorpio
author=Ninjoscorpio link=topic=716.msg9522#msg9522 date=1203659119
HI! I know ALL of you guys don't know me, but I have been away for 4 months I think... Anywasye, I thought about making a game (Again). So, Upon telling my friends this, One of them challenged me. Of cource I took the challenge.

Now to the questions...

1. Charas - I went to the site and I made my own sprites... But for the "Right hand" and the 'Left hand" thing for the character creator isn't working. I seperated them like the other sprites but it didn't work neither. So I read the details of the RPG2k3 sprites. So I read it, and I followed everything, and it's still not working...
Anyone help me? (This is confusing to read, but it's more confusing to write!)

2. Chipsets - I'm having trouble with the house... The roofs dosen't fit with the other roofs... How am I suppose to make a house without a decent roof? Can anyone help me with a sprite house? Or just tell me if there is another way.

3. Events - I pretty much know how to do events and stuff but, How do I cancel an event by altering an event? For example. I can't go out the city because I have to talk to a certain person. But, when I talked to him, I can get out... So how do I do that?

Well... This is all for now... More will soon to come!

(Someone said to fix my typing, so I did! Just can't remember who!)

-Ninjoscorpio

1) I gather by that you mean your created your own battlecharacter? and are you trying to do the poses? If you used an online generator/ creator, then you should be fine, I suggest using a different one if you don't know how to edit the sprites. Link me to the creator you used or put up the sheet so I can look at it for you, but I don't completely understand what you mean.

2) If your using the RTP (the set that comes with the program) Then everything you need is there, just got to fiddle around with all the roof tiles. You should be able to make a roof for all different shapes and sizes, I still don't mean by "The roofs dosen't fit with the other roofs" perhaps you should make them like the other houses for now?? ???

3) Now this one I do know! So lets start from the top. (this will also allow you to create working Treasure Chests)

Right click the exit in 3rd layer mode
Type your message like "I can't go out with talking to so and so"
Then do a movement event, select Hero and put Move up (or whenever is s step away from the exit)
Make sure the Trigger is Touched by Hero and event layer is Below Hero
Create a new page and on that second page place your teleport event and your Trigger.
Now on the side tick the Variable box
Set Variable equal to 1
Set and call the variable something easy to remember

Now right click on your man that has to be talked to
Put your message or whatever.
Now click on Variable Operations
On single variable and select the same one we used on the exit event
Click Set Equal and put it on number 1

And there we have it, that was written quickly and I haven't done a tut or anything before, its step by step so you should be ok, even if it looks confusing its not. Of course that was very basic and you can build upon that and do it however you like (A Person must be in your party, and item is needed etc look for Variable and Switch tuts for more help and to advance on that)

If you don't quite get that then i'm sure someone else will come along and help you out a bit better ;D
3) Or instead of using variables, just turn a switch ON when you need to talk to that person, and then turn it OFF when you've talked to him. I think.
author=yamata no orochi link=topic=716.msg9532#msg9532 date=1203681149
3) Or instead of using variables, just turn a switch ON when you need to talk to that person, and then turn it OFF when you've talked to him. I think.

True, and swtichs are easier so its probably a better idea, but depending on how long/ big your game is, you might want to save swtichs for Doors and Chests since there is a limit to how many you can have (Like 5000 xD)
Pages: 1