WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Was trying to kill some time and couldn't resist trying to see if I could replicate it in VX.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Fantastic, TDS.
Today I started working on it again. Just a small change that will go a long way... I was tired of tuning monster stats manually. So I made each monster type have a "level" and "archetype." So here's an example for the "tough" archetype.

Lv 1 ---> 10 ---> Lv20
HP: 30 ---> 71 ---> 183
Att: 18 ---> 42 ---> 110
Def: 15 ---> 35 ---> 92
Spd: 50 ---> 78 ---> 161

Monster stats are a percentage of the hero's stats when he is the same level (base + items), so the archetypes scale with the hero... meaning a "tough" monster will always be a "tough" monster.

To make this work I have to go back and redo the item loot so it matches the level bracket of the dungeon it's found in, which is easy enough.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
so Jude, am i to understand from your post that items outside of dungeons will scale with the character level, or am i mistaken?
author=tardis
so Jude, am i to understand from your post that items outside of dungeons will scale with the character level, or am i mistaken?
They don't scale with hero level. They scale with the level bracket of the area they're found in. For example, the level bracket of zone 2 is 4-8, so the weapons found there will have an attack power of 11-16 and the hero a base attack of 16-23. Make sense? The hero can end up over-leveled but it takes some effort since experience is awarded based on the hero:monster level ratio. I've always been scaling experience points, but it was based on zone level previously, not monster level... but it works out pretty much exactly the same.
Adding tool durability/life and improving the crafting formula.

Old display looked like crap.

rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
TDS that crafting/inventory system looks very cool!
Is it for a specific game of yours?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Jude, this means that it'll be easier to have a 1/20 chance of a higher-level enemy wading into the fray randomly (as long as you have an escape button)!
author=rabitZ
TDS that crafting/inventory system looks very cool!
Is it for a specific game of yours?

It's from a game called Minecraft. I just replicated the crafting menu to work on RPG Maker VX.
author=Craze
Jude, this means that it'll be easier to have a 1/20 chance of a higher-level enemy wading into the fray randomly (as long as you have an escape button)!
I'm not sure what you're saying. Each monster type has a specific level which falls within the level bracket of that zone. It's just so I can scale the stats more easily as the game progresses, so that a "tough" monster will always be a "tough" monster, statistically. I can predict the outcome better. like a BoneLord is always a Lv3 "tough" monster. It's never a Lv4 or a Lv2 "tough" monster, but fighting a Lv12 "tough" PaleLord will be a similar experience when you reach the Lv12-16 content. The chance of fighting a monster that's stronger than you're prepared for is the same as it's always been... monster level isn't even visible to the player, it's just a general power level I can assign a monster. Scaling it this way just makes it easier to avoid awkward balance and difficulty spikes.
Craze
Oh.

I basically meant something horrifying like Etrian Odyssey 3 (*Abyssal Death has joined the fray!).

No, really. B5F FOEs? Named Abyssal Death. :<
Graphics and control like A Link to the Past meets multiplayer mayhem like Team Fortress 2 meets combat and crazy levels and tons of weapons to pick up like Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
author=Craze
Oh.

I basically meant something horrifying like Etrian Odyssey 3 (*Abyssal Death has joined the fray!).

No, really. B5F FOEs? Named Abyssal Death. :<

No, I don't have a FOE-like system in Necropolis and I wasn't planning on putting one in. As satisfying as it is to go back to an old zone and smash an enemy that was the bane of your existence a few levels ago... I'm not really a fan of the idea to begin with. I don't have an escape button either, which is intentional.

This :c
running animations is such a pain T_T
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=Archeia_Nessiah
This :c
running animations is such a pain T_T

So cute.........
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I am actually working on an RPG maker game. And mapping.

God I hate mapping.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Max McGee
I am actually working on an RPG maker game.

Liar, I demand proof
Craze
LockeZ, I ripped apart Melody for him last night to figure out exactly how CTB worked - he had best be working on an RM* game.

Uh otherwise see the screenshot I posted last page. Karsu and I are tweaking and implementing the battle system.
The crafting system looks cool. So dose the running sprite.

I'm just trying to make some resources but its going to take some time, I think I posted a dead tree and a temple like my profile picture but hopefully I'll get much more done if it wasn't for school and stuff.

Good to see what you guys are working on, gives me drive to keep going. its been a year and a few months and all I have is a tree and a temple backdrop I almost gave up. ( been more focused on getting a plot down which took alot longer than expected )
^_^ I know but I'm new to dedicated projects, a years probably nothing.