WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
BizarreMontree
author=RedMask
lol I like your tree spell Leapfrog. Not sure what the direction you are going for in your game but it'd be cute if the tree had a little angry face on it.

Maybe the Tree-mium model.

Really, I just had a druidy character and wanted to play with the animations, and I thought it would be amusing to have a one-frame tree pop up. How it turned into a vibrating super tree I have no idea.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Working on a fight woosh effect!

Warning: 8 megabyte GIF: Now in 256 colors at stunning 360p resolution!

(The way the placeholders float in will be fixed soon; I moved one of the invisible platforms and it messed up some of the positioning.)
Everything about that GIF is spot on and well polished. Though the way things pop in can be a bit faster, especially if the game has frequent battles.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
That game looks super nice Deltree. If you only have a few battles, for sure keep the animation, but if it's like you regular RPG where battles are common place, i'd say speed it up a bit, or keep it for bosses.

I've beeen working on a fair few things today, Portraitverance, the portraitening, of particular note.

The music is a placeholder, in the release this scene probably won't exist, as it was primarily a portrait/font test.
Still working on beta4 stuff! But only got 3 more bosses left in this beta before that's over (1 of which is going to be updated, the other I still need to talk to Locke about, if he's up for it). After that it's just letting the other players/testers test things that I've already gone past and see if there's anything they can suggest while I move forward!

Also, that feeling where your own game betrays you and tries to kill you 24/7. @_@;
BizarreMonkey
author=Xenomic
Still working on beta4 stuff! But only got 3 more bosses left in this beta before that's over (1 of which is going to be updated, the other I still need to talk to Locke about, if he's up for it). After that it's just letting the other players/testers test things that I've already gone past and see if there's anything they can suggest while I move forward!

Also, that feeling where your own game betrays you and tries to kill you 24/7. @_@;
I got severely ill while developing the original perseverance for the 2014 IGMC, had cobwebs of pus across my eye due to an infection caused by the metal of my glasses rubbing on my acidic skin, also had a bad flu.

But I pushed forward with the power of DETERMINATION.

I would have gotten it in on time too, had I realized Degica is a UK-based company and uses UTC, DERP!

I'm so glad I called it Perseverance because MAN DID I NEED AND USE IT.

I persevered so hard you wouldn't believe I persevered that hard.

Anyway, I'm working on the title currently, one of my collective helped out and was able to find me a way to check if a savefile exists, therefore, now the splash will only appear when a save file is not present.

I've also been doing a bit of rewriting and stuff. Nothing huge, but a lot of text is GONE. Replaced by only what is needed. In my rush to release the 0.9 pre-release, the late game got word heavy, especially post-Naxon.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Thanks y'all! Battles are pretty infrequent (since you're fighting potentially a hundred dudes in one battle), but I can definitely clip off a couple seconds of interface elements failing to slide into place correctly!
I'm working on doing 4 small prologue chapters (which each introduce 2 characters) leading up to all eight of them meeting up in one place. Once I get there, I will release a demo. I haven't even figured out a name yet.
BizarreMonkey
Just finished concepting Saxxis, he's not too different from the original, just a fair bit more detailed.

I'll color him in and stuff later.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Finished up some intro/post battle event stuff for the first two gym leaders in Pokemon RMN Version, in addition to completing their overworld sprites. Now I just need to test the damn things.

Just letting everyone know that I haven't abandoned this monster of a project. I'm aiming for a playable demo to be out sometime in December.
Did some very, very cursory work on the battle scene to get it up and running. It's a mess but it's working at the most basic level: output_011.webm
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@Jude That's ultra smooth, dude. The flashing popups in particular are pimpin'. Keep it up.

@Ratty524 December? That's early, young skillet. Looking 4wd to!

As for me, I've been working on a new fun mechanic for Account Mu. Hopefully this allows for some fun level designs.

BizarreMonkey
Lots of graphics for 314th Clash, probably the best being this Battleback I sculpted from three others for the final area. Planet Arcticlash.

Though I really like Limbo's slight redefinition, too.

Old:

Awkward pose, mucus pants, also lack of hat.

New:

Yeeeaaaahhh.

Being so happy with his new rendition, despite it not changing a whole lot, I finally made him a long overdue faceset.

Now I have to update his sprite to wear the hat.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I looooove those expressions, Bizarre. Keep it up. The coloring is pretty decent, too.

Trying to get back into drawing. And working on Tristian as well.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think you'd do better if you avoided copying that extremely specific Fire Emblem mugshot pose. And I don't know why RPGs have such a weird obsession with outfits that are bizarrely asymmetrical.

But I like the boob eyepatch.
Eh... I stayed up all night but I did some stuff.

Video: output_012.webm

After I got the battle scene working yesterday, I did some brainstorming on a few things.

Decided to do a minimal HUD, with elements being displayed only when relevant, such as the HP bar only appearing when HP is changing. I'll make a full status panel that pops up on combatant mouse-over similar to what was shown in the previous clip but with numerical values as well.

Also made combatant formation to be any set of coordinates, although I haven't made an actual interface to set it up so I'm feeding the battle scene some fixed positions. That way you can put an archer or something in the far corner so it takes melee dudes longer to reach them. Similarly, you could place a tanky type in the center who can intercept enemies that try to penetrate the back lines.

Beefed up the animation stuff in general, like adding weapon sprites for the attacks and effect animations. Something left to do there is to make damage reset the weapon swing timer, which I might do before going to bed. Made combatants jump back to their formation if they're over a certain distance away.

Made some new thing. Always wanted to try dynamic shadows so I figured out a way to do it and made it happen. Right now the only light source is fixed at the top of the screen so the effects are more subtle. But I've made it so light source objects can be fixed or attached to anything with a rect, so I should be able to do neat things like pin a light source to a fireball as it hurdles across the screen, casting shadows from the combatants.

Oh, I also made a new frame for buttons so they look different from windows. I'll probably change it more later.
BizarreMonkey
That looks really cool Jude. Love how the shadows work and all. Good stuff!

author=LockeZ
I think you'd do better if you avoided copying that extremely specific Fire Emblem mugshot pose.
Just do what i do and copy that extremely specific Highschool DXD hands on hips pose, instead...

Actually who am I kidding I just draw a face then the rest just... becomes!

author=LockeZ
And I don't know why RPGs have such a weird obsession with outfits that are bizarrely asymmetrical.
I think it's because they'd like characters to wear what they never could, so they make the most bizarrely interesting outfits they can because characters, whom are fictional, can pull it off!

But that may just be a casual observation. I of course, as the decree of game developer discussion mandates, have done absolutely no research or fact checking whatsoever! :D

author=CashmereCat
I looooove those expressions, Bizarre. Keep it up. The coloring is pretty decent, too.
I do love making expressions! It was fun working with Limbo because skeletons have adapted a whole new way of presentation after playing Undertale. You just gotta keep it simple!

Also using the lights going into his skull as a sort of 'pupil' was the best idea.

Another 2 days of development of 314th Clash this is getting nutty!

New faceset!

Of who? Ooooh! Wouldn't you like to know! Probably yo mama.

(Actually I take that back probably makes most mama's look hot)

Anywho, who she is is something I'm keeping secret for now. But in time I will reveal this thing I'm being all cagey about.