WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

As awesome as the parallax is, the artwork too is really awesome... I get an Adventure Timey vibe off it.

The title screen for my "I-have-writers-block-so-I'm-working-on-something-else-for-the-time-being" project. I'll just leave this here.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Pyramid_Head- Is this a romance game? :O
There's a reason for it being as it is.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Welp, currently trying hard to get a Yume Nikki type "effects" sort of things working. It's going...decent. Still very stuck, however. (How do all you guys do this kinda stuff?!)

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Pyra-That's pretty cute! Gotta love the bg!
Punkitt-That looks adorable <3
So, after looking at it, and thinking, and looking at it again... I decided to try anti-aliasing the text, and this is the result.

I want to joke around and say 'IS THIS BETTER?!' but I don't want to inadvertently come across as an asshole.
(Even though secretly I am, but shh.)
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Much better looking!
Wait I've returned to the world of the living? How did that happen?

Anyway, long time no see. I haven't really done anything fancy these last few months, but I did get a lot better at drawing. So here's something that I am currently working on. Because I really need to a) show that I'm still around/around again and b) that I have improved a lot and my projects will benefit from it.

So, uhm...hi! Again.

Frogge
Wb <3 That looks really awesome. But there should be some sort of jacket coming out from that poof.
author=Frogge
Wb <3 That looks really awesome. But there should be some sort of jacket coming out from that poof.

Thank you! Well it's a fluffy vest. And the leather is attached to it. I might make that more noticeable by drawing a few straps that connect to the wool, that could help to show that it's all one piece. =)
Frogge
author=Schwer-von-Begriff
author=Frogge
Thank you! Well it's a fluffy vest. And the leather is attached to it. I might make that more noticeable by drawing a few straps that connect to the wool, that could help to show that it's all one piece. =)

I see, I just felt that it coulf use a little tweaking like:

author=Frogge
author=Frogge

Ohh you meant the undershirt! That's actually under the vest, so it wouldn't be seen at all. I think it will be more clear once I added shadows. The vest consists of the wool and the leather patch. =)
Frogge
author=Frogge
author=Frogge
Ohh you meant the undershirt! That's actually under the vest, so it wouldn't be seen at all. I think it will be more clear once I added shadows. The vest consists of the wool and the leather patch. =)

Yeah sorry wasn't clear enough there XD I see, that's pretty awesome. Tbh I kinda think you shouldn't do shadowing, or atleast do a little, because it's brightness makes it very pretty. I'm just instantly getting no game no life vibes XD
author=Frogge
Yeah sorry wasn't clear enough there XD I see, that's pretty awesome. Tbh I kinda think you shouldn't do shadowing, or atleast do a little, because it's brightness makes it very pretty. I'm just instantly getting no game no life vibes XD

The shading will be as light as the shading for the skin, so not in-your-face at all. I was actually inspired by No Game No Life for the colours, but I toned their brightness down a little to have a lighter, paler colour palette. =)
Frogge
author=Frogge
The shading will be as light as the shading for the skin, so not in-your-face at all. I was actually inspired by No Game No Life for the colours, but I toned their brightness down a little to have a lighter, paler colour palette. =)

I KNEW IT
But let's be honest who doesn't like no game no life's artstyle XD It's just so colorful!
I realized my EXP system is flawed. It was too easy to level up, and each level didn't require many more points than the last. Theoretically, a player could go back to the beginning areas in the game and grind there and still level at a fairly quick pace. I didn't want that, so I changed the number of EXP points each enemy gave and altered the experience curve in the database.

This is turning out to be a nightmare. I kind of wish I just left things as they were. Now I have the adjust the stats of nearly every monster (since you don't level as quickly anymore), change the level that new party members begin at, and play through the entire game again for millionth time, which takes me over 10 hours playing as quickly as I can while not avoiding battles. WHAT HAVE I DONE?

I've always had trouble with the EXP system and I feel like it's not discussed often.