DRAGON AGE: LEARN IT NOW

how could a two handed swordman tank better than a guy with a shield. that's a bunch of bologna. you hear me. i am putting your post on a sandwich
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
With the proper abilities THman hit's in a cone, damaging multiple enemies at once, hell most of his moves do this, he has threaten, warcry if you take champion (Which you should for all warriors) And most of his moves hit multitple foes in a large angle. The only thing he doesn't have is the extremely high defense, but that isn't really needed with a proper set up.
i never really had a problem with my swordshieldman keeping everyone attacking me 100% of the time and also i had high defense and a beard so i'm gonna say swordshieldman wins again!!! Yes!!! We did it!!! Congratulations everyone!!!
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
One word, Indomitable Game, set match.
I think I fucked up my first save game, My hero's stats are all over the place and I think i didn't invest in the right skills as After I leave Lothering EVERY THING kicks my ass, hell I had problems killing those dark spawn on the bridge with the two dwarfs.
I realy should have read up on some class builds
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
author=Gongo
I think I fucked up my first save game, My hero's stats are all over the place and I think i didn't invest in the right skills as After I leave Lothering EVERY THING kicks my ass, hell I had problems killing those dark spawn on the bridge with the two dwarfs.
I realy should have read up on some class builds

I could help you build a character around what ever class you feel like playing if you need a hand.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
awesome my video card is one model too old to run this game

we'll see if I ever get excited for a fucking PC game again
i am pretty sure you should try to run it regardless, even if it is on the lowest settings
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I would try if it didn't tell me "fuck off, I don't like your hardware"

I mean rejecting on the basis of memory constraints is one thing but adhering to a predetermined list of cards is obscene and despicable.
ugh that is my worst nightmare considering no software so far has correctly detected my graphics card model
yeah fuck you game for using technology or shaders that are incompatible with my graphic card!!!!! fuck you fuck you!!!
1) What's your video card? DA's just a console game which means it'll be at best 9.0c DX so you'll probably need Pixel Shader 3.0 support on your video card. Support for those was added in the X1300+ Radeon line or the Geforce 6000+ series. If you're card doesn't support PS3.0 then no, your five+ year old video card isn't supported and it would probably choke and die on the game anyways.
2) Update DirectX
3) Update your video card drivers
4) Google DA with "failed to detect a supported video card" for another simple fix. Probably installing PhysX onto your system because what DA really needed was a piece of shit physics engine that nothing will use to any appreciable effort because Nvidia's an idiot and game devs are smarter than to
adhering to a predetermined list of cards (of one manufacturer) is obscene and despicable.

Fuck that was a terrible run off sentence.
author=Abdel McCrack
yeah fuck you game for using technology or shaders that are incompatible with my graphic card!!!!! fuck you fuck you!!!

this is why we have shader standards
author=Ark
One word, Indomitable Game, set match.
absolutely this

also i think i might download the respec mod just so i can dump every point into strength and wear my nice dwarven guard armor and not have to worry about armor for a while. plus i just didn't know what the hell i was doing at first so
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Constitution = HP

you want that btw

and if you want Indomitable you're going to want some Willpower for the Stamina; 2H sustained abilities are pretty expensive!
I think i have an idea for a party, not sure if it will work but ill give it a shot

Alistair - Templar Champion (He will be mah tank).
Leliana - Bard ??? (I can't think of a good specialization for her, she will be a range DPS).

As for my mage well Im stuck, I could make Morrigan a Shapeshifer Spirit Healer (Fuck potions are expensive) but i'm worried that the lack of her Magic DPS will put me at a disadvantage, Or i could make her a Blood Mage but I hear that there so over powered it make the game way to easy (something I wish to avoid.
Or I could just use Wynne as her default spec is Spirit Healer, Make her second Blood Mage and I have a healing killing machine, but again I hear she's weaker then Morrigan.

As for my hero an Assassin Duelist (oh how original!) as for the race and gender, well from what I have read they don't effect class strenght and weaknesses.

Any suggestions?
author=Craze
Constitution = HP

you want that btw

and if you want Indomitable you're going to want some Willpower for the Stamina; 2H sustained abilities are pretty expensive!
oh i know that, it's just that i'm like 2 strength short of this sweet armor and i'd rather not wait for 4000 more xp or whatever till i can wear it when i could just respec. plus i have way more cunning than i actually need

it's not like i'd keep dumping it into strength past that
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
author=Gongo
I think i have an idea for a party, not sure if it will work but ill give it a shot

Alistair - Templar Champion (He will be mah tank).
Leliana - Bard ??? (I can't think of a good specialization for her, she will be a range DPS).

As for my mage well Im stuck, I could make Morrigan a Shapeshifer Spirit Healer (Fuck potions are expensive) but i'm worried that the lack of her Magic DPS will put me at a disadvantage, Or i could make her a Blood Mage but I hear that there so over powered it make the game way to easy (something I wish to avoid.
Or I could just use Wynne as her default spec is Spirit Healer, Make her second Blood Mage and I have a healing killing machine, but again I hear she's weaker then Morrigan.

As for my hero an Assassin Duelist (oh how original!) as for the race and gender, well from what I have read they don't effect class strenght and weaknesses.

Any suggestions?

Leliana should go Bard/Ranger, and only use a bow with her. (She becomes the highest DPS character in the game.)
Believe you do want Morrigan to go Blood mage and don't invest a single point into shapeshifter. (It's the worst mage specialization.) I typically make her a controller with access to some frost and lightning specials. Also every mage should be given Mind Blast. Another helpful thing to grab Atleast on the harder difficulties is Haste for both mages.
Wynne is always my buffer/healer with the odd attack spell just in case. I usually take Arcane Warrior for her, just to add to her defensiveness when being attacked. (This is great on nightmare where Wynne is a must unless you are playing an Arcane Warrior main character.)

Go what ever race you want for your main character, it's all about the story.
oh hey, animals a Ranger summons can be drained for health by a Blood Mage right? i remember one of my friends who played telling me that it was broken as hell like that

also, is there a way to get specializations besides, like, learning them the "proper" way? i would like to have Blood Mage available but i think you can only unlock it by playing as a mage which i don't really want to do, regardless of how good they are. or maybe i am totally wrong on that idk