DRAGON AGE: LEARN IT NOW

Ark
Wario's-a number one!
In origins the only way to unlock is to play a mage, but if you have awakening you can buy the manual there.

Edit: if you are playing the pc version I would recommend just finding the console code to unlock all specializations and using that, grants a bit of freedom.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
WHO SAID SHAPESHIFTER IS THE WORST

Okay it's the worst but it's awesome in close quarters when "friendly fire possible" becomes less appealing.
Phhhht balance means nothing next to
MOTHERFUCKING BEAR FORM
Craze
I feel that spider form is also useful early on before you get better crowd control - *Morrigan SHOOT WEB

Also, that bear animation is... wow

How long have you waited to use it?
Ever since I got my first dose of
MOTHERFUCKING BEAR FORM
from a Dragonsphere LP (then the bad guy is smart enough to go "hey you can turn into a bear" and plans accordingly)
trashbear form!!! morrigan please stay at least 500 feet away from campsite
My hero was an obnoxiously overpowered arcane knight/blood mage guy. I ran around in plate and had every passive defensive spell activated and was immortal. Once I had a few arcane knight levels, I stopped casting spells except cone of cold because it is broken overpowered.... otherwise it was just the passive buffs... like all of them at once.
Craze
I'm not a fan of "breaking" games. I stay within the limits a not-so-nerdy gamer would reach (probably because I'm only a nerd on TV.)
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
The game is generaly easy enough to do what ever the fuck you want, a little bit of knowledge is needed for hard and you actually need to know how to build characters properly/position properly/ make sure they are using what skills needed at what time for nightmare.

I almost got wiped out about ten minutes ago on the random event where Wynne learns call spirit, Omega Hurlock throws down shit loads of spells that are AOE and then you have hurlocks flank in on either side. I was only able to pull my MC out of that. And had to singlehandedly fight through all of the crowds and then go toe to toe with the Omega, who blasts high attack spells out of his ass can't be stunned or paralyzed. I had to pretty much turtle and throw a heal spell on my self everytime he got in a big spell.
author=Ark
In origins the only way to unlock is to play a mage, but if you have awakening you can buy the manual there.

Edit: if you are playing the pc version I would recommend just finding the console code to unlock all specializations and using that, grants a bit of freedom.
i probably should have realized a console code would do the trick

thanks! i remember getting annoyed on the ps3 version because i had a specialization point for at least 4 levels and still hadn't gotten the one i actually wanted to use it on
Craze
Ark: Huh, good to know. Maybe I'll actually try Arcane Warrior on Wynne, then. I just re-unlocked it in the ruins and I'm playing on Hard with some enemy AI and randomization boosts, so...

I'll probably upload my entire screenshot collection for this go-round; I have over 450 so far throughout ~25 hours (I've done Lothering, Circle of Magi, Redcliffe, Brecillian Forest and I'm in Honnleath). Here are a few recent choice shots, no spoilers unless you're the most ridiculous purist (why are you in this thread?):

Big version of pyroclasm: http://i56.tinypic.com/2qid7w2.jpg
why do all the people in dragon age look inhuman and disgusting

it's the sims 3: fantasy edition
Craze
I don't see it, or I do I don't care so it doesn't reach my consciousness or something.
examples: the first two images you just posted, your avatar iirc. people do not look like this
I dunno you just start to either not see it or not care after a while. Game is fun as fuck, though.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
Don't like the way it looks but playing on the computer download this.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=686

Leliana goes from this

To this.

Craze
That's what I use, or at least a very similar one. Leliana is a must-change, Morrigan is highly recommended, Sten looks less horrifying if you use a Sacred Ashes-based mod as well.

I've seen some other really pretty morphs, but I go by the designer's choices - which is why the Sacred Ashes morphs are "allowed" in my game. I did give Alistair a goatee, though.
Okay. I find myself in a most...awkward situation.
I've never played a game of this type before, maybe the makers expected me to, but it took me waaay to long to figure out, and I'm getting the hang of some things. For my first run I decided to go with a Dwarf rogue specializing in dual wielding and an archery. Things were going pretty well(except for all the dying/Normal Mode/).

Well eventually I went to save that one possessed kid, after dying to a Revenant a couple dozen times. Instead of making any sacrifices, I decided, being the nice guy(she-dwarf) I am, to go all the way around to the to the Circle of Magi to ask for help and WONDER OF WONDERS, it was under attack (I wasn't actually shocked in the least. Run into a tower under surprise attack at once, shame on you game. Run into a tower under surprise attack at twice, shame one me. Run into a tower under surprise attack 3 times, and...again? Seriously? I digress.)After dying another several dozen times, I made it to the top of the tower. There was some sort of succubus lady there, but I just let her go with prey, because I was in not condition(mood) to fight again. Feeling good about dodge, I walk into the next room and get instantly transported to The Fade, by myself(who normally plays support), with 0 healing items, an nothing to make more with. But hey I'm a trooper, how bad could it be?

Well 2 hours and 25+ deaths later I decided to swallow my pride switch over to "casual" like a little bitch. Gladly ready to switch it back once I had some sort of mercy(healing items, crafting material, a friend/distraction). I eventually made it to Mage's Asunder, and good, god, ALMIGHTY. I've have never received such a thorough, complete, and consistent ass beating in my video game history. I couldn't even guess the digits my death count was in. On room in particular will be carved into my mind til the day I die. Something that should have been pretty easy, if not just moderately difficult. A room. 4 seemingly regular mages. "Flame On", walk right in, dead. Change of plan. "Flame On", walk right in, change to normal, attack, kill one, insta-killed by explosion. Change of plans...
Well one hour in i just realized there was a single weak potion on the ground (whether it was a pity potion or always there, I could care less) and 3 aspirins later, the plan is ready to go(after 20 tries or so, I knew it would work)!

"Flame On", run right in, change to normal, attack, kill one, haul ass, kill one next to a pillar, set trap, pray to vishnu the third walks into it, trap works, hide behind pillar, change to mouse, go stealth(the game said it wouldn't work, but the game was wrong that time), sneak up behind the 4th and bludgeon them with everything I had ready. Victorious. I felt like a champion among champions. I was out of everything that I had, but I was victorious. It was on child's play mode but I didn't care. Finally! Saved the gamed and continued forward.

Next room, 4 more mages, insta-killed by an explosion.

So now I'm trying to decide if I should play something else, or take a hammer to the disc, and then play something else. I'll sleep on it.

EDIT: PS, I'm 90% sure the reason I made it this far is because of my man-crush for Alistair. Perfectly Healthy.
Craze
Stormrider Angel,

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=429

Love,
Alistair~

Fade's a bitch. There're tons of stat+ altars in there, though! Collect 'em all! And on later run-throughs, download Skip the Fade.