USING RPGMAKER TO TEACH R.E. TO KIDS

Just show them the new disciples. I found it far more plausible than the bible.
Instead of seeing this as religious indoctrination we should see it as RPG indoctrination, which is a good thing really, specially with so many kids these days preferring such genres as FPS's, MMO's, and many other works of the devil.

(Sorry for not being helpful)
author=Despite
christians don't like catholics

author=geodude
hello can we not make this the religious prejudice topic please

definitely at all relevant

no wait i mean gr8 burn
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I guess you could say geodude was
*sunglasses*
rocked hard

(YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)
please do not encourage them
dear WIP thanks for closing moronic I hope you're happy now
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
@uh Heh.

Seriously, Feanon, I think group discussion and role-playing would be more helpful than video games.

Do your research, read about other religions from their point of view, and find the commonalities. Create scenarios that encourage the children to think about the lessons the tales convey and how they apply to their own lives. Educate them in critical thinking, good moral judgment, understanding and respect for all people. Give them the tools to find their own way toward God or whatever they believe in. Don't insist they have to do it your way.

In short I'm suggesting that instead of teaching them the Bible, or how to be good Christians, you teach them how to be good people.
author=kentona
*makes water tiles passable*

This is it this is the best topic reply.

Seriously, Feanon, do your research, read about other religions from their point of view, and find the commonalities and find scenarios to make them think about it. I guess I'm saying, if you're going to educate them, don't educate them in one particular religion or bible per se. Educate them in critical thinking, good moral judgment, understanding and respect for all people. Give them the tools to find their own way toward God or whatever they believe in,. Don't insist they have to do it your way.

I was going to post this too until I realized the OP is trying to teach kids Christianity and only Christianity. This is why I also didn't think it was actually a Social Studies project and one of those moderate Christian children camp sort of deals.

In all honesty, I'd say your true goal should not be to teach them how to be good Christians- it should be to teach them how to be good people.

I think we should illustrate this in most works that include stories. It's great to have subtle, but strong and warm-hearted morals.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=BurningTyger
Don't insist they have to do it your way.

Don't you know anything, where would we be without the spanish inqusition
inb4 Monty Python quote.

I've seen these kinds of threads all the time, I think it would be wise to just cart this off to the dump otherwise it will degenerate into a fifty page monster of stupid- trust me on this one.

If I had a hat I would take it off to BurningTyger for being the only sane one here.
BurningTyger
*BOWS* Thank you, thank you.

And Wolfcoder, I'm suggesting that Feanon change his goals. Perhaps teaching only Christianity is what the group he's with wants him to do, but it remains to be seen if that's truly the right thing to do- a question only Feanon can answer for himself.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

It's up to Feanon to decide whether for him love means to teach the children what he himself believes, or to teach them how to find their own path. Only he can say for sure.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
nothing like teaching kids using illegal programs.
author=TFT
nothing like teaching kids using illegal programs.

Hey, non-profit educational usage for the win. With no monetary damage to the copyright holders to boot (don't forget 2003 is abandonware)! There's also two projects here that aim to fix the whole redistribution of binary files owned by other parties in the realm of RPG Making circa 2003. One of them also fixes the production side of gray legalness making it completely legal pureness and organic. All natural.

Though you still do kind of have a point, why RPG Maker 2003, why not GameMaker or something?
BurningTyger
Maybe it's what he knows how to use.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=BurningTyger
Maybe it's what he knows how to use.

OP actually says 2000, not 2k3
I've used Rm2k/3 for projects in high school. But as a learning tool? I wouldn't. Unless the class was RM Basics 101.
I especially like the parts where people are intolerant of religion because it causes intolerance. Keep it classy fellas.

This topic is really embarrassing and I have lost a bunch of respect for several posters in this topic.