GIVING FEEDBACK: PASS OR FAIL

Oh hey there Creation! Welcome back :)

I would love to see your feedback on The Lost Girls. Even though it's not actually the introduction per say, it'll be helpful to me non the less.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Well, you absolutely ripped me apart last time,

Really? The only game I recall ripping apart was Two-Lips Island (which certainly deserved it).

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into it when I have the time, why should be tomorrow.
author=Creation
Well, you absolutely ripped me apart last time,
Really? The only game I recall ripping apart was Two-Lips Island (which certainly deserved it).

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into it when I have the time, why should be tomorrow.
I don't mean it in a nasty way, I just meant critically. ;P You were just honest.
Hey Creation. Just here to say welcome back :). I've always been a fan of your works and these Pass or Fail videos and will be looking forward to more :)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I apologize for not responding earlier, but I was only recently made aware that you did a Pass/Fail of Matsumori Days.

My first reaction, before even watching the video, was "Of all the games on RMN to make a comeback with the Pass/Fail concept on, or a comeback in general, why this game?" I must admit, I was pretty nervous when it was loading/buffering. However, I attempted to be as receptive to the commentary as possible.

Pretty close on how I pronounce the names, I must say. Thought I'm not sure which of us is more "correct", to be blunt!

benos is quite correct about the face set. "atelier" or "ateiler2", or both. I acquired them via a RPGM 2K RTP add-on. Some were altered somewhat before I re-sized them to fit into VX's engine. What link they have to the Atelier Iris series, or the user that made them, is unknown.

"Another character that looks like the other three!" It's called "the standard NPC cliche", but I think I understand your qualms.

Maybe I should allow both Masako and Kojiro to join by talking to either? It's a consideration. Would make the game flow a bit better.

"Reading shouldn't be a chore." The dialog was the only thing I really concentrated on, so this comment was kinda painful. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

"It's like the RPG Maker version of Where's Waldo." It might have helped you to know who "Umehara" is, but I get where this "hate" is coming from. All the characters look practically the same with those school uniforms!

Information: The title screen music is from Treasure Hunter G (My Rural Village, to be specific), whereas the music in school is from the XP RTP.

From what you experienced of the game, and the opinions you expressed within the video, I can't argue with getting a Fail. Thanks for giving it a try, though!
Awesome, these are back :D I adore these videos, never thought I'd see them again XD
Sweet! Creation's back!

It'd be great to get some feedback on the Fragile Hearts demo I released last week.

A few things you should know going into it though, as the next version will be overhauled quite thoroughly. I am having some major Windows 7 issues which prevented me from implementing an HP bar for Fergus during CBS battles, which you'll see would definitely have been helpful. However, it isn't a hard game, so as long as you check your hp in the menu from time to time (especially before the first boss battle), you shouldn't have much of a problem. I'll be reverting to the regular 2k3 battle system in the future, but I may keep some aspects of the CBS intact, based on user feedback. There is a walkthrough with tips on the main page now as well.
Creation
@Marrend:
First of all I would like to say that I do not enjoy commenting what I consider the ''negative'' aspect of a game I test. I'd much rather give praise as it makes other people happy.

But the thing is that, if I only mention the good things, don't you miss opportunities to improve on the shortcomings? This is what I tell myself anyway.

My first reaction, before even watching the video, was "Of all the games on RMN to make a comeback with the Pass/Fail concept on, or a comeback in general, why this game?" I must admit, I was pretty nervous when it was loading/buffering. However, I attempted to be as receptive to the commentary as possible.

I understand completely. Well, your game has been around for a while so I thought why not. Also, I'm also nervous when people criticize my stuff, we all want to please (to some extent). I would've really liked to enjoy your game.

"Another character that looks like the other three!" It's called "the standard NPC cliche", but I think I understand your qualms.
To me, that's a shortcoming. Using the same character set was common in the NES era but things have changed since then. I think it's a self-imposed limitation which does nothing to help the game. It's a decision I could understand if you were going for the old school type of game but I didn't feel that this is what you were trying to do with Matsumori Days.

Maybe I should allow both Masako and Kojiro to join by talking to either? It's a consideration. Would make the game flow a bit better.
Well, yeah, definitely. I mean, part of the reason I was so bored was because I had to roam all over the place to find the characters, it's just not fun especially at the beginning of the game where you want to hook the player in.

"Reading shouldn't be a chore." The dialog was the only thing I really concentrated on, so this comment was kinda painful. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.
Don't take it personally. I'm not even sure that's a flaw necessarily. I think it's more of my preference as a player. As usual, I encourage other players to try the game to make up their own minds.

"It's like the RPG Maker version of Where's Waldo." It might have helped you to know who "Umehara" is, but I get where this "hate" is coming from. All the characters look practically the same with those school uniforms!
Just to clarify something: I didn't ''hate'' anything. That's just not the kind of person I am. I didn't like fetching NPCs and I did think it was tedious but I didn't hate it, nothing of the kind.

Anyways, I appreciate your calm, mature reaction and I honestly hope you will keep the comments in mind next time you work on something. You have the right attitude to make something great.

@sbester:
Is there any way you could fix those? I don't like to test something where I ''spare'' a flaw because I was told that it was there beforehand. I prefer to test each game on the same standards, I think it's more fair that way.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Tu-Lips Island...so bad.
Creation
Aftermath by Drakyith

Coming up next, Tephra by pokemaniac.
Thanks for the awesome review, Creation. Yeah, I worked hard on this game. I am going to take your advice and try to do some more custom work on the other maps. I want to get away from the old RTP cave since I did a lot of it with the first zones.
I'm going to display this video on my page. I'm glad you liked it and if you give it a solid go check out all the mutations and custom icons I did. I think I made around 80 custom icons so far.
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
Oh sweetness! Glad to see you back in action Creation. I would also enjoy it if you put your game page back up!!! ^__^
author=Creation
@sbester:
Is there any way you could fix those? I don't like to test something where I ''spare'' a flaw because I was told that it was there beforehand. I prefer to test each game on the same standards, I think it's more fair that way.

I tried quite a few times to fix it and it just never seemed to work out. It's one of the main reasons I'll be switching to the regular 2k3 battles for the next demo, but I'm not sure how long it will be until then. My main point of interest for this tech demo is finding out what parts (if any) of the CBS are worth keeping, as it is quite multifaceted.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Hi, Creation! Glad to see you're back.

What are the chances of you doing a Pass or Fail video of Iniquity and Vindication? It's a demo that's only 20-30 minutes long - it lasts until the end of the first dungeon. It is a standalone game, not a sequel to my older game Vindication, despite the similar name.
Creation, you have encouraged me. Check this custom texture out so far. I am probably going to change some of the plants and stuff too. It's a work in progress.

EDIT: UPDATED

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a little feedback on my own http://rpgmaker.net/games/2370/
Creation
Tephra by Pokemaniac

@Drakyith:
Any step towards custom graphics is a step forward, imho.

Thanks for the review, although I can't help but feel you're making a few big assumptions story-wise. ;P
Creation
The Lost Girls by Star Skipper
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
@Drakiyth:

That looks so much better.