LET'S DRAW! A COMICBOOK!

"Sir"...? Anyway, I hope it could be soon.

I wanna see this masterpiece.
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
If Chaos wants to forfeit I wouldn't mind picking up his page.
I don't want to see him forfeit though, but the offer is there if it comes down to it. :/

Also:
author=AABattery
"Sir"...? Anyway, I hope it could be soon.

I wanna see this masterpiece.

:D :D LOL
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sure thing Ketsumio, I'll send you his page instructions.
With Ketsumio and alterego on the job of the last two pages this comic will see it's end!
I'd love to have tossed together the last two pages but between school and work, not much time to do anything!
Ketsumio
I finished.....
YAYYYYYYYY!!! ^___^

Now all that's left to do, is post the whole comic in the topic! :)
Dudesoft
I will have her up ASAP! (which is sadly, Monday. D:)
Ketsumio
author=Dudesoft
I will have her up ASAP! (which is sadly, Monday. D:)

:(
But, I guess one more day is not going to hurt anything....LOL
Dudesoft
Sorry, I was smothered with free time when this should have been finished, now I am basically working two jobs.
Dudesoft
The comic can be found at Team-Captin.com
However, there seems to be a glitch with page two, because somehow an old page long lost to time has appeared to haunt my website!
So yeah, ignore the page after the cover...
!!!
reading now.

EDIT:
Pretty cool! (I especially liked the My Robot Pony billboard)
argh my incomplete entry really got in D:
Ketsumio
author=kentona
!!!
Pretty cool! (I especially liked the My Robot Pony billboard)

...glad you like it!! :)
There was some confusing overlap.. But it was pretty effin cool overall.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
That came together rather strangely in some places, but for the most part, the continuity survived! Yaaay everybody!
Dudesoft
Now, the lesson plan!
Let's Draw! is all about me sharing what -I- know about drawing. Please note that what I teach you is not the be-all-end-all of how to draw. There are plenty of methods! This one just works really well... Also, this is moreso a tutorial on North American comics. Japanese comics and European comics have different sets of rules.

I plan to teach you a whole bunch!
halibabica
What? LEARNING?!

Y-You tricked me! >:|
Dudesoft
The Story Bible
Everyone should see this. It should not leave the inkers or even letterers in the dark. I for one, learned this lesson as an inker on my last project. The writers and pencillers all had turn around images and setting images, and of course the script.
What I got, was the pencilling. The pencils were pretty tight in most places... but I had to do a lot of guess work. As a result, continuity error.

In this project, I made a point to show you each exactly what I wanted you to see. Nothing more, and sometimes less!
As a case in point, I never included the President in any of the instructions.
example 1:
(Despite being different styles, these characters look totally different.)

Being part of the whole process is key to successful comic making.
I'll discuss story bibles after we get through all the points in this certain comic, as we'll make one for the next comic!
Dudesoft
Flow of Information
I will explain how the flow works extensively later, for now let's look at one of Shinan's pages. (here)
While not fancy, I instantly knew what it was missing. The artwork is fine. It tells the story and -could- flow pretty well with some small tweaks.
example2:
Here, I flipped two images, moved a lightpost to create a panel, and added dynamic lighting for effect. It's not perfect, but it highlights my point about flow.

The eye should move easier through the page now, understanding where to go next, which is the core point of "Flow of Information". Again, this is something I need to spend more time on explaining. Right now; is just overviews of things to come.
Dudesoft
Setting, Characters, Action!
It is vital in every page to give the reader something interesting to look at. This is the business of entertainment above all else. Even a dry, boring, long-winded tale should be entertaining.
For this, we change things up in each panel. There are some comics out now, that are perfect examples of what NOT to do. In one Dark Avengers comic I picked up, there are I believe two pages of just Normon Osborn on tv making various gestures but not moving at all. It doesn't move the eye, it doesn't interest me, and is just bad art overall.
This all ties in to Flow of Information, but that aside... there should be on every page; an action panel, an emotion panel and a setting panel. Show the reader where they are, what to feel and what's happening, essencially.

example3:
These backgrounds are starkly different. You can tell volumes about where you are with the top, and almost nothing with the bottom.

There's plenty more to cover, but for now, we'll stick to the above three topics.
halibabica
I am now curious of how well my page held up to these principals...
I had a feeling that the guy in black I drew wasn't gonna be the same as the previous page...

DID YOU DO THAT ON PURPOSE?! DID YOU WANT TO USE THAT AS AN EXAMPLE?!