MAPPING CONTEST 2K3

arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!

Description
This is sorta like a follow up to the previous mapping contest but with a different set of rules. Rules are pretty simple just take the chipset, make a map within the restrictions and post it in this thread.

Rules
Maps must be made in RPG Maker 2003 using the provided chipset.
Max map size is 40x30 (2x the width and height of a regular screen).
No panoramas or use of pictures allowed.
Multiple maps may be submitted but only the latest submission will be judged.
Post your entries in this topic.

Deadline
May 26, 2011

Judging
Maps will be judged by the public. Participants can't vote for their own entries.

Chipset

version 2

Participants
1. NewBlack
2. BlindMind
3. Calunio
4. Link_2112
5. InfectionFiles
6. Dudesoft
7. Blitzen
8. Kazesui
9. BurningTiger
10. MissMaggot
11. JayEsz666
12. Jude
13. kitten2021
14. SGCN
15. LockeZ
16. Mikemc
17. Far_Oz
18. Zeronamous
19. kentona
20. Fallen-Griever

Maps

Kazesui

calunio

Link_2112

MissMaggot

Jude

Mikemc

NewBlack

kitten2021

BlindMind

SGCN

JayEsz666

LockeZ

Dudesoft

Far_Oz

Zeronamous

kentona

Fallen-Griever

Infection Files

Blitzen

Winners
Quick question. If it's 2x the size of a normal screen... Then do we submit a single screen of a portion of the map (in which case making the whole map is pointless).. Or are we meant to post the entire map zoomed out?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Uh if he says your area should be 40x30 tiles then I feel totally safe in assuming you should submit a screenshot of a 40x30 tile area.
arcan
No you would use the entire map if you choose to use the max size. You would use the 1x (equivalent to 1/2 in viewing mode) size in game screen shots and edit them together so we don't have to look at those grid lines. If that is a problem for anyone you can send me your map and I can edit it for you in a matter of minutes. I feel like there was a better way before but doing it this way really isn't a problem.
Oh, that's fine!. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Hm, tried to do sth. with this, but actually not my engine... anyway, good luck to every Participant.
There isn't even a small chance we could do this with rmxp and these 2k/3 Chipset Converter?...
For ecample when we wouldn't gonna use the third layer, half transparency etc.
arcan
Well the point is to use a single chipset and I don't think using it with a different maker would work.
I'm in. Is there a prize? :]
author=Blindmind

And I WAS going to enter.

(jk, I might be entering actually. I just have things I'm meant to be doing anyway)
Do we have to register or can we just post a pic whenever? I might try this but I might also put it off until the last minute and then not bother
author=NewBlack
author=Blindmind
And I WAS going to enter.

(jk, I might be entering actually. I just have things I'm meant to be doing anyway)
LOL. Dooo it. I need competition.
I'm in.

No events, then?
author=calunio
I'm in.

No events, then?

Yeah I was gonna ask about events/charas/a scene happening etc.

Or is this purely the MAP.
arcan
@Calunio: Haha I always forget something no matter how long I think about it. Technically events shouldn't be in here but I kinda like the idea. What do you guys think?

@BlindMind: There could be a prize but it won't be money as I am super broke. I suppose I could try to sprite something for the winner but I don't know if anyone would want that :)

@Link: Commitment is part of game making so you should sign up but if you don't you can still submit a map before the deadline. I recommend you sign up as you start working on a map so you don't feel pressured.

Btw I am also going to make a map just cause I love mapping(and to stomp blindmind) but it won't count as part of the entries as I would have the advantage of chipset choice.

I vote for no events. Easy way to trick tileset limitations.
arcan
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Count me in!

EDIT: The tileset for me has a transparency overlay for my 1st layer that makes it all bad in the maker.
I'm a nub when it comes to this stuff, how do I fix it?
if you mean the transparency is set to match the wrong colour than it's because the first colour in the palette is wrong... If you remember that thing I showed you before about first colours :P

If you use 2k3 you can just *click* on the colour that's meant to be transparent (in this case the pink) at the import screen (after importing and it shows you a preview, the flashing colour is the transparent one) and it'll reassign transparency to that. In 2k you'd need to change the palette up in say, idraw, or something.