THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
:O what the!? I t-thought y-you two were buddies. Surprised.

Anyways, that's all I'm gonna say. Don't mean to derail this.
@Penta: I implied nothing of the sort. I'm just saying that any consent I had given was withdrawn when you said you didn't care if you continuing work on our shared project hurt me or not.

Also I'm not the one who cut contact, remember? Don't get all weird and twist this around on me. Anyway, I let staff know I'm not comfortable with having this game featured, so if you're honestly cool working on things when I've publicly said "please don't" and everyone knows I'm uncool with it, I guess you'll do whatever you want. I'm fine leaving it at that if you are.
Hm, so I realised there's not really a way to do a double feature, so I tossed a coin and Oblivion won. We can feature Bloody next month if nothing better comes along.

So, done!
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm absolutely fine with Oblivion Quest featuring. It was my favorite swapsies game! :D

author=PentagonBuddy
author=emmych
@unity: nah, it just means I'll have nothing to do with it and that it's happening without my knowledge/consent.
I left you unblocked on RMN so that you could potentially have some review of what I do with your characters in your game. Like I'm not gonna say anything else about this in this thread but there's your knowledge, and there's your opportunity for consent. The update to the existing game, not adding new content, is something I do remember mentioning like in april. If you don't remember that, I ain't gonna argue. I'm not doing anything that hasn't come up before.

I'm not gonna take responsibility for your refusal to communicate (but if you ever speak to me again, unless it's about free spirits, there's a very high chance I won't respond.)

The only reason I am saying this in here in the first place is because I don't appreciate the implication I'm shutting you out of your own project. And that's all I'm gonna say here.

author=emmych
@Penta: I implied nothing of the sort. I'm just saying that any consent I had given was withdrawn when you said you didn't care if you continuing work on our shared project hurt me or not.

Also I'm not the one who cut contact, remember? Don't get all weird and twist this around on me. Anyway, I let staff know I'm not comfortable with having this game featured, so if you're honestly cool working on things when I've publicly said "please don't" and everyone knows I'm uncool with it, I guess you'll do whatever you want. I'm fine leaving it at that if you are.

If one person on a team project no longer wishes for that project to continue, then the project should not continue, out of respect for one of the creator's wishes. I say this as a person who desperately wanted a project I was part of to continue, but I couldn't in good conscious keep it going because one of the team members didn't want it to.

Creator's wishes should be respected. It sucks if people have a falling out or things don't work the way they are supposed to, but that's an unfortunate risk of working with a partner. If the partner doesn't have a problem with the other continuing the project, then it's fine. But if they do, then I thing it's not cool to keep the project going.

Free Spirits is wonderful game and an amazing accomplishment, and it would be super cool to see it updated, but not if doing so is hurting a co-creator.
This is why I hate emotions
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Has the choice for next month's feature already been made? This isn't me arguing against Bloody... or anything, I'm just asking to make sure.
Bloody... seems to be the one on the list atm.
Two games from the same event in a row? I dunno. Are we back in the early 2010s again? I thought we were swimming in good candidates.

I'll throw Nebulus into the ring again.
Figured we could just get it out of the way while the event is still reasonably recent. :shrug:
I had assumed Liberty had things all lines up for August...
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Bloody deserves better reviews than mine.

author=Dyhalto
Two games from the same event in a row? I dunno. Are we back in the early 2010s again? I thought we were swimming in good candidates.

Thanks for the tip. This needs to be spotted as a hidden gem, if not featured.

Oh shit.

Mischief managed!
author=Cap_H
Bloody deserves better reviews than mine.

author=Dyhalto

Thanks for the tip. This needs to be spotted as a hidden gem, if not featured.

It was a hidden gem years ago, when I spotted it and featured it thusly.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Just a little heads up: In the list of Featured Games, there is a typo in the new short description for Bloody.... In the sentence in brackets, the word "insist" is missing.
Odd, I was sure I added that back in.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
The error is still there, by the way. And if I'm already busy making myself unpopular by being a nitpicker: The short description for Oblivion Quest in that list mentions that this game was one of the winners of "the event," but it never even says which event.
The error isn't there for me. Maybe do a hard refresh on your end? As for the 'that event' thing, it's from the url tags not working.

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
On the front page, it displays fine, but when you go into the "Featured" tab to see the listings, it doesn't show the event at all.
Hm... odd. I figured it out, though. When we add the featured game it automatically adds a secondary post to the featured area of the site, meaning any issues with the initial post are made in that. It doesn't update that secondary post when the main one is updated, meaning it stays like that. Ah well, it should be fixed now. Just something to keep an eye out for in the future.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Oh, I must not have expressed myself well. But yeah, that's what I was talking about. Thanks for fixing it, Liberty!