DO YOU HAVE REAL FRIENDS?

I've just experienced a situation in which one of my close friends have betrayed me on multiple occasions and I would like to know from the community here, if they have ever experienced such a situation and how do you know if you are around "REAL" friends?
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
You can't see them. They are the figments of your imagination.

(avoid people who tend to gossip and only trust those who are directly upfront with you- if you must, talk to the people around you to develop a clear image of your friend group. Multiple perspectives can tell you who you can really trust).

and to the question: yes, I do. It's taken me a while, though :<
Friendship can be strange, most of the people I didn't get along with in old school are my drinking buddies now.
I tend to hang out with a different group of people everyday, but it sucks when old friends drift away =/

The biggest betrayral I experianced was when one of my closest friends stole £10,000 from me and ran off, So we got the police involed and got the money back after like a whole year. It's weird though because we still chat on facebook, I'm just too nice of a person.
author=StarSkipping
Friendship can be strange, most of the people I didn't get along with in old school are my drinking buddies now.
I tend to hang out with a different group of people everyday, but it sucks when old friends drift away =/

The biggest betrayral I experianced was when one of my closest friends stole £10,000 from me and ran off, So we got the police involed and got the money back after like a whole year. It's weird though because we still chat on facebook, I'm just too nice of a person.
Why did he steal that much from you and How did he even do it?
Did he go to prison/jail?
author=supremewarriorquote
Why did she steal that much from you and How did she even do it?
Did she go to prison/jail?

Through seduction! But in all seriousness it was breaking and entering and no she didn't go to prison. As I shared some of my experiance, how about you tell us yours then?
author=StarSkipping
author=supremewarriorquote
Why did she steal that much from you and How did she even do it?
Did she go to prison/jail?
Through seduction! But in all seriousness it was breaking and entering and no she didn't go to prison. As I shared some of my experiance, how about you tell us yours then?
Fair enough

I have told my friend that I liked a girl and I trusted him not to tell or to make things awkward, but he stupidly said that I liked the girl in front of her and a few other people in my social circle.

My friend has done this twice, I feel that my friend has betrayed my trust and I am angry. I made him promise not to do this again after the first time he did it but he went and did it the second time. I feel that he likes her too, with the way he keeps on staring at her and flirting with her I feel he has done this to ruin things for me, the worst thing is he's got a girlfriend.

I know better now I guess but it's a big deal to me because I had a feeling that she didn't like me that way and I didn't want to ruin the friendship and make things awkward because she's IN MY social circle, now everyone feels that something has happened between us and they will ask questions and rumours will spread and it's going to cause me more drama and piss me off.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I thought this topic was going to be about people who only have online friends. Oh well. At least there's melodrama involved.

StarSkipping's experience is an actual big deal where a friend attempted to intentionally hurt you, took something that was rightfully yours, and there were significant consquences. supremewarrior's experience is a childish triviality where a friend disagreed with you about what was best, you are worried he might potentially pursue something that does not belong to you and is up for grabs by anyone, and in the end it will make no difference.

Real friends help you when you really need it. When it's just a stupid problem regarding dating and social life and popularity, you don't really need it.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
That's LockeZ for you! but yes, the second drama is none at all, it will be forgotten , supremewarrior, before you even have time rethink about it!
author=LockeZ
I thought this topic was going to be about people who only have online friends. Oh well. At least there's melodrama involved.

StarSkipping's experience is an actual big deal where a friend attempted to intentionally hurt you, took something that was rightfully yours, and there were significant consquences. supremewarrior's experience is a childish triviality where a friend disagreed with you about what was best, you are worried he might potentially pursue something that does not belong to you and is up for grabs by anyone, and in the end it will make no difference.

Real friends help you when you really need it. When it's just a stupid problem regarding dating and social life and popularity, you don't really need it.

It's not as trivial as that actually, it's about RESPECT, I wanted to him to respect my wishes and I gave him my trust by telling him, that was a privilege I thought he deserved as a close friend guess I was wrong.

Is it right to betray a friend's trust and blurt inner thoughts and feelings out to everyone? You think it's right to cheat on your partners too?

I feel the people I come into contact with these days have no MORALS and RESPECT for friendship, yes it may be a small thing.
chana
I can understand that, about trust.
chana
Wow, though i'm afraid i tend to do the same thing, not a very happy situation!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Not going down this path on a forum. Edited out.
chana
Right, there's pros and cons, but emotionally it's not a happy state. But as they say in France : "only imbeciles are happy"?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Not going down this path on an internet forum. Edited out.
chana
author=supremewarrior
It's not as trivial as that actually, it's about RESPECT, I wanted to him to respect my wishes and I gave him my trust by telling him, that was a privilege I thought he deserved as a close friend guess I was wrong.

Is it right to betray a friend's trust and blurt inner thoughts and feelings out to everyone? You think it's right to cheat on your partners too?

I feel the people I come into contact with these days have no MORALS and RESPECT for friendship, yes it may be a small thing but there's no morals involved.

Yes but you shouldn't hold a grudge against him. Girls (or even friends for that matter) come and go throughout life. People do make mistakes.

Once I blurted out to my friend Leon that I thought his girlfriend had huge hips. He didn't think nothing of it at the time and even joked about it himself but a few days later another friend made a comment on what I said and he flipped out and punched me.

Soon afterwards he threw accusations around saying that I took the piss out of her and kept teasing her nonstop. Four years later to this very day he still hates me. The problem was it was just abit of banter to start off with and he blew it up into some melodramatic fabication.

Point is that mistakes can happen from time to time and you should just get over it.

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=StarSkipping
author=supremewarrior

I feel the people I come into contact with these days have no MORALS and RESPECT for friendship, yes it may be a small thing but there's no morals involved.
Yes but you shouldn't hold a grudge against him. Girls (or even friends for that matter) come and go throughout life. People do make mistakes.

Once I blurted out to my friend Leon that I thought his girlfriend had huge hips. He didn't think nothing of it at the time and even joked about it himself but a few days later another friend made a comment on what I said and he flipped out and punched me.

Soon afterwards he threw accusations around saying that I took the piss out of her and kept teasing her nonstop. Four years later to this very day he still hates me. The problem was it was just abit of banter to start off with and he blew it up into some melodramatic fabication.

Point is that mistakes can happen from time to time and you should just get over it.

At least computers are predictable! I have to deal enough with human issues in my career choice.
I'm over it, I just thought this thread would bring out some interesting stories.
chana
author=Deckiller
At least computers are predictable!

That's saying a lot!