POST YOUR MUSIC

Hey! Thanks, m4uesviecr! I really like this song! The only thing I would say is that, in the beginning, the horns seem to come in too abruptly. But other then that I really like the song.
CastorOnline
"Thank you guys... but I must go. My planet needs me."
@newbabylon
The kind of music you did there is different from what I do, but I will try to say something.

The strange sound you use in the beggining of the piece, i guess you use it as a support for the music plot, It´s not a bad idea what you did, I would make it with less volume and more of background thing, like some shine or something traveling at the distance.

Not sure about what are you trying to say with the melody, not sure if you have a melody line on you music piece, maybe it´s a prelude (preludes dont have a stablished melody or rythm patron).

You have two important and strong melodies, all the other things you wrote were more chords or arpeggios, the melodies I talk about are:

one from :37 at :49 and the other from :50 at 1:01 or so,

and after 1:30 or so i get lost and cant follow a structure of the song.

So,you started saying something important but suddenly you stopped and started to flow and wander. The bass and the other sound are still there with the company of piano chords, if i were you, i will play fragments of the :50 tune there, because is still important and is still of the same story.

Not was until 2:45 or so that you return with first melody and it was like "Don´t forget about me!".

Did you planned a solid structure of the track?

I felt like someone telling me for an example:

"This story is about a ring, and in your journey you will fight dragons and more dragons in the sky, powerful dragons with riders, many riders, female and male riders because you want to be strong and you shall defeat them ebcause... ... ... (few lines more and more and more, and then in the end), yeah, but remember, this story is about a ring".

Not sure if i can explain myself lol, but there i said something!

Examples:

5th symphonie of Beethoven, he did a whole movement with a short motif of three notes.

Final Fantasy 6, terra´s theme

Remember, I said that because I suppose you did that with a structure, but if it´s just a prelude then its okay for my taste, I just felt, in few words, that your music piece has potential, but you have a weak structure and it´s not clear what you wanted to say.

Regards
I have only a couple of my songs up on reverbnation, nothing too special but i'll post it anyways

YAY MUSICS!!! ^,v,^
This is my new song, I made for somebody who wanted a similar song to my previous song, "Bastard's Motif." I am craving *constructive* criticism, so please listen! (: http://soundcloud.com/benbabylonsoundtracks/welcome-to-your-nightmare
Here is another new song I wrote . . . please listen for I am still craving some constructive criticism! http://soundcloud.com/benbabylonsoundtracks/victorious-regret
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=TheNewBabylon
Here is another new song I wrote . . . please listen for I am still craving some constructive criticism! http://soundcloud.com/benbabylonsoundtracks/victorious-regret

Sounds very nice, though I can't spot a memorable melody. Sounds more like a track you'd hear in a Sims game. I mean, it definitely sets a very nice mood, but I'm personally more attached to more defined type videogame music, but that's just me, so it's subjective!

So yeah, good job! It would fit some sort of games, but I wouldn't personally use that for a jrpg, for example!

Here's some pieces I created for Adventure Ace several days ago:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3942/media/345/

Hey! I love your music! It is awesome.
author=Happy
author=TheNewBabylon
Sounds very nice, though I can't spot a memorable melody. Sounds more like a track you'd hear in a Sims game. I mean, it definitely sets a very nice mood, but I'm personally more attached to more defined type videogame music, but that's just me, so it's subjective!

So yeah, good job! It would fit some sort of games, but I wouldn't personally use that for a jrpg, for example!

So about that quote^^ the first song on my SoundCloud is not actually meant for a game. When I posted that, "Midlyn's Motif" was the top song. So I suggest you listen to "Midlyn's Motif." If you like that, feel free to listen to the other songs as well.

Happy
Devil's in the details
Well, Midlyn's Motif's definitely is a beautiful piano track. Sounds mysterious & dungeony.

The mix quality definitely sounds professional in these.
Thanks, Happy!
If you would like, I would love for you to give feedback on "Bastard's Motif" and "Welcome to my Nightmare." I really need feedback on those. Thanks!
@TheNewBabylon:

Welcome to Your Nightmare -
All of the accompanying instruments sound great: The bass, sfx, and sweeping pads here and there.
The piano has a nice chord going for it, but I honestly feel as if it is doing nothing more than just plunking out the same chords over and over. (That, and it seems out of tempo quite often. That in particular was picking my nerves, lol. It felt as if you didn't know whether to 'swing' or play straight).

Perhaps give the piano more leadway, aside from the repeated chords, and the melody that mimics the pattern played by the bass.

Otherwise, it sounds very nice! I'm really liking the vibe. The bass has a very nice rounded, smooth tone, that is simply... tasteful, for lack of a better word. And your use of fx seems to be really good!

Victorious Regret -
Absolutely beautiful chords in this. My only complaint about this is the pedal tone. It is played in the piano, and held in the lower strings whenever they arise. I was hoping that you would perhaps change the bass note, to give the chords a different direction. I thoroughly enjoyed the climax in the piano progressions played, I just wish that the direction of the chords wasn't so.. stagnant. At least, it didn't feel like the song really strayed from anywhere, because you were repeatedly playing the same note in the bass.

Then again, I could see this working perfectly for the opening of a game. That, or an ending to a game that hasn't exactly ended, since I don't get a feeling of completeness from this song.

Still, this was a very nice composition! I applaud your piano playing. It is quite nice. :)
Thank you so much, m4uesiecr! I love your criticism, it really helps me.
Perhaps you could give me some on "Midlyn's Motif" for I am really trying to improve it.
If you have the time, please listen to "Write Your Own Song" and "No Goodbyes on the Road." They are in the works.
Thank you so much!
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/

Take a listen,peeps!
CastorOnline
Well, this project looks promising, and I´m making the music :) Just sharing with the rmn community, hope to be of your interest.

Just got back into making music with FL Studio, instead of the generated kind, so here's the first track I whipped up! I think it turned out a lot better than I was expecting, hope ya like!
CastorOnline . . . it's okay . . . not my favorite.
It has no melody anywhere in the song. Also I didn't feel it was mixed very well. I think some things could have been mixed differently.

TheRexion . . . I liked it . . . it was interesting. But I don't think it was mixed very well . . . but it had a very good feel for a game. Good job.
CastorOnline
The melody is all over the song... their notes are Sol, Lab Do, Re, Mib
And then a variation with the string section with the same notes Sol, Lab, Sol, Do, Re, Mib

And then the same rythm and melody but different notes like Sol, Lab, Sol, Do, Do (8va), Sol.

Something like that I´m not sure if that are the exact notes but the melody is through all the song...

But the Mix work you are right, I need to make better mixes, Mix it is my weak point :/
I can see what you are saying about the melody . . . but I mean like a memorable . . .motif. You know? There is no memorable little line.
But I do like the song.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
OK. Having recently discovered and begun experimenting with the midi arranger/renderer known as synthfont, I came upon this nifty Touhou medley by Shazamio, previously known as U.N. Owen Was A Bad Apple Cirno Flowering Night of Beatmania II:

With his permission I began experimenting with the midi, and after some time created the version below. Although only the instruments used to render the output were altered, it has a completely different feel from the original.
(And yes, the picture is mine.)