SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

Oh my goodness, what rpg maker is that sion? It looks amazing, and you need to write a tutorial right now! Also, is that an edit of the battle system, or is it event based CBS?
This would be Rpgmaker2k3 my friend.
And I'm running a CBS. Thanks for
your kind words.

~Sion
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Sion link=topic=965.msg15675#msg15675 date=1210392460

What exactly is different from this CBS compared to the DBS, aside from the layout of course?
@Tau: Funny you ask that. I just asnwered that question over at GW.
*Pastes*

The Battle system as of right now in it's planning is only incorporating my ideas.
My Composer and also Assistant Coder has been helping me and teaching me how to work
the systems so I can do them on my own. When this is finished I hope to come out knowledgable
enough to be able to do this type of stuff with as little help as possible.
Okay, to answer your question...

This CBS still incorporates the original plan of the DBS with the Overskill bar
under each character. When it reaches max of course most veteran RPG gamers know,
you'll be open to a powerful attack. This game is supposed to promote the relationship's
of it's characters. And Triggering side events that deal with specific characters
is supposed to increase that stat. This in turn opens up moves called "Destiny Bond's"
Which are Specials that are used by more than one character at once.

NemesisTheory has been talking to me about the idea of timed attacks to
make attacks stronger based on button timing. If that were to be included
I'd likely have each character in the game start with a possible two attacks
at a time. And as leveling ensues that array expanding.

I'm still trying to plan out the consequences of Transforming into Originta
Mode with Seeo. This is supposed to grant Seeo great power but also
greatly punish you for using it. This will not be avaliable any time soon,
because its only accessible after an integral part of the story, which will
not come up until after I've released the first Demo.

As of now, we've got several doors open to us for this CBS.
I'll try and keep you guys updated. However at some point
I'll want to keep it under wraps until I start my Second
Progress Thread.

Following the comments of fellow members. I fixed the font of the charcaters
to match the monster names. And I animated this six framed monster. Sentiments?

~Sion
author=Tau link=topic=965.msg15686#msg15686 date=1210401785
What exactly is different from this CBS compared to the DBS, aside from the layout of course?

Two major things:

1. It is DIFFERENT from the DBS which makes the game automatically more fun to play.
2. It probably isn't as slow, floaty, and awkward as the DBS (which is the worst-feeling battle system ever).
author=brandonabley link=topic=965.msg15723#msg15723 date=1210440588
author=Tau link=topic=965.msg15686#msg15686 date=1210401785

Two major things:

1. It is DIFFERENT from the DBS which makes the game automatically more fun to play.
2. It probably isn't as slow, floaty, and awkward as the DBS (which is the worst-feeling battle system ever).

THAT, also would be an acceptable answer.

~Sion
That looks so sweet, Sion! *glomps*

Another little extra awesomeness to a DBS like that is, Moving backgrounds (Waterfalls etc) and enemies. I'll love to see how it flows.
That does look very awesome, Sion. Here's hoping to you actually finishing it to the end!
Two major things:

No, I'm afraid I disagree. What would make it fun is if it ran well and smoothly. Velsarbor did nothing hugely different from the DBS; but it was really, really smooth and well made. Can you be certain that this runs smoothly just by looking at a screenshot?

If anything the DBS is too fast, floaty, and awkard!

I'll more than likely upload a video once more is done.
It's running fine as of now. I'm just having problems
getting Snowe's ATB bar to work right now...

~Sion
Realize if you don't finish this I'm going to punch you in the face. Really, it looks good!
Realize if u finish this I'm going to be jealous and punch u in the face. Really, it looks good!

Animated two new monsters. Finished Snowe's ATB Bar. Added Icon above
characters head during their turn.

This'll be my last CBS update for awhile. Thanks for
everyone's advice!!

~Sion
author=Nightblade link=topic=965.msg15765#msg15765 date=1210447031
Two major things:

No, I'm afraid I disagree. What would make it fun is if it ran well and smoothly. Velsarbor did nothing hugely different from the DBS; but it was really, really smooth and well made. Can you be certain that this runs smoothly just by looking at a screenshot?

Give me a break for the love of fucking god that is automatically implied.
oooo snap, animated battle monsters, nice!

On another note, Mala, I love you.

As for commenting on other screens on this page... well, ah... haha, Sion's got us beat!
ATB? It better fill up fast like Chrono Trigger!
Sion, is there any chance you could send me your game through pm or even post it here. I would really like to look at your battle system and see how it is done. I promise I will not use anything in it, I just want to see it

Anyways if not, I understand.
Well there's really not enough done for you to see.
Otherwise I'd upload a video for everyone.
Once I have something presentable I'll put
it up to the public. Pinky Swear.

~Sion
wow sion u just took this thread away from WIP and made urself the star! impressive!

Some CMS screens. How does it look? Is it too confusing? If so I could change it.

*NOTE* The big empty spot at the bottom right corner of the status screen is where a picture would be once its switch is turned on.