SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

Nice map Kentona (I always like seeing what people do with rtp).
Another dose of mappy goodness from me, this time back to RM2K3. Today I remade my games first village in prepration for Release Day (It's the first map I ever created in the project)

First Version: I mixed it with Wild Arm trees, I liked it at first but it didn't feel right, while playing it, it was FAR too messy.

New version: Maybe you won't agree but I prefer it, I knew I could do better and now i'm happy with it. I'm going to remake the inners too

I still have to remake my first dungeon later, that'll be fun.
That looks pretty good, but is that place floating in the sky or what?
The cliffs really throw off the perspective. I can't tell if they're floating above the water, or are supposed to be submerged into the water. The waterfalls don't look too good, but my guess is they're fine in game. The stairs at the top left don't fit really either, and it just messes up the perspective even more. And why is that huge sign at the bottom of the map when villagers won't be able to read it? It would look better next to a building.

It's still a great map. I like what you did with the houses. It just confuses me when I look at the cliffs.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
That looks great man, your mapping skilz have gotten better but I agree with Neo on the whole "Is it floating?" because the perspective is really wack.
author=Neophyte link=topic=965.msg19228#msg19228 date=1212798890
That looks pretty good, but is that place floating in the sky or what?
The cliffs really throw off the perspective. I can't tell if they're floating above the water, or are supposed to be submerged into the water. The waterfalls don't look too good, but my guess is they're fine in game. The stairs at the top left don't fit really either, and it just messes up the perspective even more. And why is that huge sign at the bottom of the map when villagers won't be able to read it? It would look better next to a building.

It's still a great map. I like what you did with the houses. It just confuses me when I look at the cliffs.

Thank you. I moved the big sign next to/ infront of the house opposite of it's orignal position, which makes a lot lot more sense xD. The Bottom left and right parts of water have been edited so they look like they are at the same level but the top left and right have not been changed because the village is on a higher ground there.

Uh... I don't know what you mean about the bottom stairs, too long, too short?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Neos talking about an elevation issue LWG, like you have 3 steps going up on one side and just 2 on the other which just wouldn't really work in real life, but it's just a small issue though, I wouldn't really worry about it though.

Edit - Hey 333 posts :P
You're only half-evil.

Anywho, I wish that most of the screens weren't blocked when I'm at work (yeah, I'm at work again - I'm at 61 hrs for the week so far) - stupid filter.

Thank god that it doesn't block RMN entirely.
@Little Wing Guy : The mapping looks quite good to me (and really better than the first version !), except that the houses are forming a big diagonal... Perhaps it is not the best for the player when he have to enter the houses one by one during the exploration. But nothing really problematic. For the graphics, I really don't like ripped stuff (it is my crusade in the world of rpg making : Custom to lead us all o/ >D) so I can't say "it's beautiful" ^^"
author=kentona link=topic=965.msg19280#msg19280 date=1212851354
You're only half-evil.

Anywho, I wish that most of the screens weren't blocked when I'm at work (yeah, I'm at work again - I'm at 61 hrs for the week so far) - stupid filter.

Thank god that it doesn't block RMN entirely.

Use a Proxy, never fails. 61 hours, just think about all the money you'll earn from that.
Proxy sites are blocked.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
kentona: Man that map reminds me of some other RM* game's desert town map. Hmm....

Looks pretty great, anyway!
What other RM* game? I honestly haven't played that many.
Kentona, try this:

Go to proxy.org, then, when it comes up as blocked, change the http:// part of the url, to https:// Also, try going to google and searching proxy, check around for others. If it doesn't let you search proxy, then search it like this pr o x y or even pr,o xy or something. This is how I have always gotten around the school ones anyways.
...my company works on military contracts with the US gov't (haha Canada controls your military!) so they have that kind of stuff locked up pretty tight.

I'm not even going to try.
gimme dem screenshots

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
kentona: Sorry, but I vaguely remember a similar map from like... three years ago? And I'm pretty sure that it was an rm2k game. Man, those were the days (when I used to actually play RM* games).
@Feldschlacht- Looks pretty good to me. But what is that thing is the top right hand corner of the map?
I think it's a coal burner - like the ones in Narshe... which would make sense considering it is Narshe's chipset. ^.^

You've used it well and it looks like it could have come straight from the game. Nice one!
Hooa. Here is the World Map thus far for Dragon Fantasy II. I'm trying to make it more...condensed than Dragon Fantasy's World Map, which was everywhere.