SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

author=Ephiam link=topic=965.msg22660#msg22660 date=1215017991
A small video of DF II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_XIt41PB-0

I came. The boss theme is awesome. ASCII must be prophets because RPG maker 2000 was made for this.
Tau
RMN sex symbol

Does the sprite fit in better now (Left) or should I just not worry? This is for my GIAM(Game in a Month) entry at ASP.
It does look slightly more fitting on the left because it's a tad darker (although I couldn't figure out the difference for a while). I personally wouldn't have worried about it. Nice spriting Tau!
author=Darken link=topic=965.msg22850#msg22850 date=1215139034
author=Ephiam link=topic=965.msg22660#msg22660 date=1215017991
A small video of DF II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_XIt41PB-0

I came. The boss theme is awesome. ASCII must be prophets because RPG maker 2000 was made for this.

Woot! Thanks for the comment! And I'll definitly have to agree with you on the music. It IS awesome. All thanks go to harmonic for that! He made that great midi for me a while ago.

@ Tau: Ho hum? It seems the left one would work a bit better than the right. It's darker, and seems to match more.
@Tau: The Left, however I would darken the face a bit, it stands out a bit to me.

@demondestiny: Thanks mate, I am toying around with a Terrain System that will add to the Day/Night Combat, basically think about how it would feel if you were fighting in a Place you've never been at night, lmao, I dont think it would be fun at all, I think I would be a bit on the "Defensive" as well as stay "Stationary" waiting for my enemy to attack. :P
@Tau- Just like everyone else i would say the left one because it looks a shade darker. But really both of them are fine. :P

@LWG- I couldn't tell the difference for a while either, thought i was losing it.
@Ephiam: Very nice! I love that you're using small numbers for HP and MP, very DQ'ish. Only thing I noticed was sacrifice is spelt wrong in Demonic Man's dialogue.

@Tau: Yep, left.
@Tau: Darken the water a bit, it feels more out of place than both the character comparisons.
@Tau: if you only have a month, quit dicking around with the colors of your sprites.
@Tau: Even the one on the left stands out too much, IMO. It still needs to be a tad darker.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=kentona link=topic=965.msg22888#msg22888 date=1215204083
@Tau: if you only have a month, quit dicking around with the colors of your sprites.
Haha, sure thing boss. Ive already incorporated(With help from Colt) an ABS into it. It's not all that complicated but I will show something of that later on. Thanks guys, and yeah I might darken that face a little.
And here is yet another Dragon Fantasy II video. This shall be the last in the series of Boss Fight's posted up here. I think some exploration is in order!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p0WdbsBCxus
It looks great Ephiam. :p

But no background for the battle ?

By the way here is a screenshot from a little funny game I'm making, "Vandoudy - Le cochon maudit" (in english : "Vandoudy, The cursed pig").

The game is in french but this sentence is in english because the hero, Räh-Dyo, is checking his mailbox and got spam. xD The story is about the big pink pig (huhu) sleeping just in front of the entry of the village (and the hero will have to awake him). Graphics are custom stuff.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
:o

My God that looks excellent Ody, what's it made in?
Thanks, it is made with RM 2K3, pixel-art for the map and vectorial (Paint Shop Pro 9) for the faceset. :)
Oh man that looks fucking awesome! I dunno what it say, it's all good, especially that pig. Nicely detailed!
Daaaaaamn Ody. I want to play it, why the hell did I stop learning french!

Also, tau, you need to darken the water, the sprite fits fine to me, but the water is WAY to bright
I'm actually thinking of doing a major french translation project since there are so many potential french games.

These screens are NOT mine, just some examples from rpg-maker.fr
Oh shit, wow. Just....insane.
RPG Maker is dying? I THINK NOT!

Seriously, that is incredible. We need to get those people over here if they speak any English and get some pointers maybe. Those are beautiful.

Edit: That's Aedemphia, right(the top one)? If I remember correctly, there's already a translation out there, or at least one is in progress.
@Ody- Man everything looks well detailed there and the pig looks awesome.

@Darken- They all look great. Just shows that the french are so far experienced than we are.