WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=mawk
you can built arguments
Bwahahahaha!!!

Sounds like you sure can't. See spoipers for rad tips on how not to be a sponge.

You know people may be less inclined to be a dick to you if you weren't always so obsessive about justifying yourself, even if you are justified, continuing to argue about it will just cycle us all down into a couple pages ago.

Shit I guess we don't need politics to have drama, lmao.

I have no willingness to ever engage you on an argument because your just exhausting to argue with, which is why at most I just blow you off, you aren't worth the effort.

Anyway, you should try to enjoy yourself more and argue less. Literally everytime I've seen you post here it's either some cynissism which serves as bait, or outrightly blasting your opinion in someones face. I do that to some extend, but I can also see where I go wrong, or am too ruthless about things.

I've been wanting to say this to you for a while since I'm sure you're an okay guy who I've just had some disdainful experiences with, to the point I grinned like an evil asshole when you got banned from RMW, putting you in the same predicament you were teasing me about only weeks before.

Like at first it's annoying because where do you put your games, but then this place as well as Degica and GameJolt exist so its something I got over pretty fast.

Anyway, guess what I'm saying is, be less of a defensive twat and eat humble pie if you discover you're wrong about something. It speaks maturity far more than something like Makerscore ever will, and given the age you typically act is about on par with your makerscore, you could stand to go for the forward advantage.

Also you don't need to defend yourself to me like you're thinking of doing, I don't care for it and will not answer to more of the same.

Also I watched all of Season One of Rick & Morty...

IT'S YOUR FAULT!

And I'm hella grateful about that, I fuckin' dig this shit, dark existential humor and a narcissist who's clever, along with his innocent grandson foil.

author=Liberty
It seems you're actually both in agreement but enjoy arguing with each other so much that you make contrary points just to do so. XD.
It's a certainty, I've squared with Mawk enough to make it clear arguments are basically the only thing he has to do with his time.

To be fair on him, I used to be the same way, but nowadays I'm more in the interests of just having fun and letting arguments slip in most cases since I don't enjoy them anymore.
I really fucking hate people sometimes (no-one here!)

Long post. Don't read if you want to maintain some positive emotion tonight.

Some guy:
I just encountered a "female gamer" who goes by the username redacted here who fits your description perfectly. Everyone be aware of her because she claims she gets hate on online games JUST BECAUSE she's a woman. Utter bullshit. If you try to question her she will just label you an MRA.

Me:
To be fair, I know of (and have personally had ) cases of being picked on for being a female gamer... because of my gender. It is a thing that happens, sadly.

An instance that comes to mind instantly is going to purchase the last copy of One Piece Warriors for myself for Christmas and having the guy at the counter try to talk me out of it, pointing me towards the 'Girl' display where 'more appropriate games' were waiting. As though I haven't been playing games longer than he'd been alive. :/ He kept trying to tell me that I wouldn't be able to get a refund if I didn't like it and that it was a fighting game and went off on a rant about how I shouldn't be buying things that I didn't know about (...I've been following OP since Enies Lobby. I think I know what it's fucking about.) I just rolled my eyes, bought it and then went and added cool games to the 'girls section' he pointed me towards. When I was leaving I caught his eye and he smirked at me, seeing me leave the girl section. I like to think that he directed a few girls that way and they got some kick-ass games instead of Barbie goes to Walmart~

It is rather bullshit, and no, men aren't the only ones who do it - there's been a few cases of female employees in shops giving odd looks and laughing over my game choices (bitch, you work in a fucking game store. You got no reason to be giggling over me picking up Fallout 3). Men get the same treatment if they pick up a game that isn't considered 'manly', but to a lesser extent from what I've noticed.

Actually did a study on this for a free-project, where I got volunteers in class from both genders to go pick out games to 'buy' and record the different reactions. It was split about 70-30 - the women getting called out more often than the guys. They got harassed over even games like Tetris and Mario, where-as guys only got called out for games that were deliberately femininely packaged. Peoples' attitudes on this really sucks.

You're always going to find shitty people who love to dump on your fun and some of the time, I've found it's because people expect girls not to like certain genres of games... which is complete bullshit. :/

Him:
Classic misdirection and weaseling... You're doing EXACTLY the things that I've pointed out regarding the person I mentioned previously. You intentionally leave out details. Because of this I'm inclined to believe that you misinterpret these events and morph them into some weird gender hating story.

Here's where you first messed up. 1. If you're such an avid OP fan (I know my friend is because she has read all the chapters, is up to date, AND even got me a OP T-shirt from Hong Kong--which I love!) you would've gotten the name of the game correct. It is "One Piece: Pirate Warriors." In addition, you didn't say which one, there are going to be 3 installments of the game, OP: PW 1/2/and 3.

OP:PW 1 got pretty bad review (6.0/10) http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/08/one-piece-pirate-warriors-review

OP:PW 2 was around the same (6.5)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/09/one-piece-pirate-warriors-2-review

OP:PW 3 has not been released yet (release date is set to Aug 25 of this year)

I know I only linked IGN but a quick google search will show that the first 2 installments got pretty bad reviews across the board. The person that worked the counter in the "game store" you went to was most likely giving you honest advice. The games are meh.

This also brings me to my next point: what game store? You never mentioned it once, and seeing as how you "got treated poorly" I'd think that's a VERY important piece of information so that we know not to go to that store. Was it gamestop, best buy, or just some small local game corner?

Which brings me to the NEXT point: there's a "girly section"? The f-..... Hold on let me go to my nearest Gamestop, I'll be right back I need to see this for myself.

So yes, I think he was right, you bought a product you knew nothing about regardless if you were a fan or not. Just because you know what it's about doesn't mean you know how it plays and apparently it plays like a naruto ninja storm game... meh.

Also, link to study please or were you not able to publish it? Not publishing a study can be due to a multitude of reasons: inconclusive study that provides no progress to the main focus, incomplete substantial evidence to support the main focus, incomplete study (it is still ongoing), or the study never took place... You may be able to fool others but not me, I had done my time in the lab, I've done and am still doing my experiments on how to displace Biofilm layers using non-carcinogen man made compounds that I myself design in the lab (a REAL issue, perhaps you should try it). No published studies because no definitive results yet. All compounds have been toxic so far since we plan to use it in the lungs of the human body (cystic fibrosis).

Until you give me those details I can only conclude that you misinterpreted the events that happened to you, like most other people that say the same thing that you do and are later proven wrong. Again, go over to the video that I pointed out to Jacob, I had already made my case against that person and exposed her.

P.S. My friend HAS worked in a gamestop and she loved it. Why is it that her stories are complete 180s compared to your story? Again, as I said to the other person on that video, your story would be more believable if only ONE gender gave you that treatment, but both genders? There's no double standard going around, so it's most likely that the female employee was happy that you were picking up Fallout 3 instead of cooking mamma but you interpreted it as her laughing at you.

EDIT* Just returned, I needed to get groceries anyways. Idk what your eyes see but I saw no such thing. Give me a picture please, I'd love to see it cause I've never seen nor heard of such a thing as "girly section." The only sections I saw were PED games, xbox one, PS4. PS3, PC, Wii U, Nintendo 64 (yes they have a collection! MINT! shits expensive though!), and a small corner for the upcoming upstart steam console games. 

Me:
FFS, does it matter which game I got? It's actually not the Pirate Warriors one - I got the wrong game because around the same time my cousin got Warriors (first one which covers up to Saobody Arc). The one I got was One Piece Romance Dawn (easily confused since they follow the same damn story :/ ). But hey, sure, act as though you remembered all that off the top of your head and that it invalidates my love of something because I have to 'prove' my knowledge. Instead you're proving my point about men in the industry quite well, as well as what a lot of women complain about - assholes who demand that we prove to them shit like this. You're acting like a whiny man-baby.

One Piece, recently got a Guinness World Record for most amount of comics sold by a single author, created by Eichiiro Oda, also affectionately called Goda or Odachii, who's avatar is a fish-headed man. Follows the story of Luffy, a 17 year old who ate the Gumo-Gumo no Mi (Rubber-Rubber Fruit) and his crew of awesome who, together, follow their dreams and fight against not only the ocean itself, but the various pirates, marines, governments and random various (including, but not limited to - fog that traps people into a pocket in time, a baby-dragon-type monster that eats memories, an asshole named Foxy who should have been nixed on the drawing board, bounty hunters (who are, as far as we've seen, pretty much ineffectual), groups of warriors who work to take over countries and quite a few assorted people from the World Government. Also, slavers.) in order to make their dreams a reality.
Oda tends to set up jokes, story-line plots and characters at the start of the story, or well before such things come in to play. One such of these was the existence of Haki, which was alluded to in the very first chapter but did not come in to play until around the middle of the series (which is still on-going). Another was a joke that was set up just before the Arlong Park arc, where Luffy drew an image of what he imagined a fishman to look like, and one of what he imagined Nami as a mermaid would look like (basically a human body with a fish head). This was revisited years later when the crew finally landed in Fishland Island, during a crowd panoramic shot the image of the fish-Nami he drew can be spotted in the crowd. More examples drew a lot of ire from the fans due to the shoddy execution of the anime in the West by 4Kids who ruined the series' initial exposure by not only making poor match-ups in regards to the voice actors (such as giving Robin a cowgirl accent based on her wearing a cowboy hat in a few scenes) but also cutting out large parts of the plot that were essential to the growth of the characters later in the series - including the reason one of the main characters would join the crew, and the reason that two characters would help the crew later on. Funimation took over the production of the anime towards the middle/end of the series, to the joy of the fans, and have since done a decent job.
One Piece, originally called Romance Dawn (hence the name of the game I bought for myself - it was two years ago now, and I only played it a little because I broke my DS and have not yet managed to get a new one, though I am planning to get a 3DS for my birthday next month) was originally supposed to be more about good and bad pirates and featured Luffy's grandfather a bit more prominently in the story. Oda changed the storyline quite a bit, though, and settled on his current manga which is highly beloved due to the amazing characters, interesting powers, deep world lore and both hilarious and touching scenes. One such scene - one of the saddest in the series - includes the burning of the Going Merry, a ship which was gifted to the crew by Usopp's friend, Kaya, near the start of their journey. The Going Merry was a dear friend to the Mugiwaras (Straw Hat crew - it's their moniker, based on Luffy's straw hat that he was given by Shanks - who received it from the Pirate King, Gol. D. Roger) and the decision to retire her caused a large schism in the crew - so much so that Usopp, the sniper of the crew and a bit of a coward (though he's been growing past that bit by bit) left the crew and demanded that he and Luffy fight for the right of ownership for Merry. They did fight, and while Usopp used his wiles and intelligence to do some decent damage to Luffy, he wasn't able to defeat him. Luffy did give him the ship, and, though it tore him up inside since he and Usopp are very close friends, he allowed Usopp to leave the crew. It took a very heart-felt apology and admitting he was wrong during a fight with Luffy's grandfather, Garp (at the time a Marine Vice-Admiral) before he was allowed back on the crew. In the meantime there was a hell of a battle going on to reclaim Robin, one of the team who ran off to save their lives from World Government 'fixers', CP-9, and at the end of the battle Merry, damaged beyond repair but infused with the spirit of the ship, saved them, only to 'die' and be given a viking funeral. Easily one of the saddest moments in the series as the various crew members are bawling and shouting apologies to the burning ship.

Honestly, I could go on and on about the awesomeness that is One Piece but I believe I've more than made my point - just because someone can't recall the exact name, date, time, cost, rating and whatever assorted bullshit you pull out to discount something doesn't mean they aren't telling the truth. You wouldn't demand a man prove that he knows what the fuck he's talking about, so why act like a sexist fuck and demand it of a woman?

But hey, thanks for proving my point!

Also, where the fuck did I say in my post that it was Gamestop? I live in Australia - not everyone on the internet is American, after all. The store I visited was the only one in my area at the time that carried games and they had a section dedicated to games like Cooking Mama, PetZ, Barbie and the like, decked out in pastel pinks and purples with a large sign saying "Games for Girls~<3". It was very condescending and I'm very happy that they went out of business and another store took it's place in the next town over. While some of the customers and cashiers still give looks to see a woman enter, some of the cashiers are awesome (one in particular is a great guy who is happy to shoot the shit about upcoming games. We're both extremely excited about the FF7 remake and Fallout 4.)

Uh... and why would the study be published? Again, this isn't America, we don't just publish shit. I think you're thinking of something a bit different when I say study than what I do. By study I mean a project-type thing where-in I studied the differences. Again, it was a free project for a class, I handed it in, it got marked (B+) and I threw it away years ago because why the fuck would anyone keep old school shit around? It was one of a bunch of projects that were done over the seven years of courses I did. I mean, seriously?

I think I'm just gonna leave that site for good, since I'm sure all the guys who were jumping in to jerk him off on his comments before I wrote my first point will all jump on in and have a gangbang over it. Definitely for the best.
author=BowelMovement
Sounds like you sure can't. See spoipers for rad tips on how not to be a sponge.

you're the kid who decided I was your 'rival' because I acknowledged you in some basic sense when everyone else was too smart to engage with your shit, and started fawning over me and comparing me to homestuck characters, right

either way, if you wanna stake your claim in the mawk fight you have to come to the picnic with something a little more nutritious than 'what's this??? a typo????'

e: also Liberty I will never not be baffled at the effort some people go to to stuff their heads in the sand + pretend that the shitty behaviour in the gaming community is just people with ~thin skin~ or whatever. christ.

when people are all 'I have a female friend who's fine with this nonsense, and her experiences directly invalidate your own', I always feel super bad for that friend. like, having someone keep you around because you're ~not offended~ and use you as an excuse to be nasty to other people is a terrible situation, especially because the moment you start setting boundaries they'll turn their asshole behaviour on you as well.
So... how does one apply to be a rival to the mawkster?

For...reasons...
>.>
<.<
^.^;

And yeah, it's stupid. If they bothered to even ask that 'friend' of theirs, they'd more than likely tell them that while they might not have that issue, they've heard of others who have. But of course they won't ask because God forbid they be proven wroooong!!! Hopefully his 'friend' realises what an asshole he is and gets rid of him. Hell, for all we know, his idea of a 'friend' is someone he's talked to one in a chat program and who he now uses to validate his own ideals on a subject they'd probably pull him up over if they knew he used them in that way.

It's like having 'that one black/gay/trans/etc friend' - it doesn't invalidate your bad behaviour or views. Fucking assholes, using people like that.

I went back and edited out my last comment, replacing it with basically saying that their opinion means nothing to someone who probably knows more about games than they ever will, and that their out-dated ideals about women in the gaming industry is older than my grandmother (who introduced me to gaming when I was about 8) and will soon be a thing of a past. And that I have nothing to prove to them because they mean nothing.

Then just left with a huge old 'Fuck you'.

Quitting a toxic discussion is really therapeutic when you know you'll never have to bother with it ever again. Good thing I didn't use my usual usernames on that site - some people like to try stalking (yey...) and I'd hate to see them pop up here.
you gotta schedule a fight, show up late, and then hit me with an oar
Damn, I'm all out of oars. Welp! I guess we'll just have to remain on friendly terms instead. ^.^
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
author=mawk
you gotta schedule a fight, show up late, and then hit me with an oar

Nice Musashi reference there.
N4M: Seeking Miyamoto Musashi to Dishonourably Murder Me
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Liberty
I'd hate to see them pop up here.

What, so they wouldn't get verbally smacked around?
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Seiromem
author=Liberty
I'd hate to see them pop up here.
What, so they wouldn't get verbally smacked around?

Wouldn't that be textually?
Best to keep the creeps away if possible. God knows, the Drama Core is filled from the last few weeks - it doesn't need more power~
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=mawk
it's possible that gamer dudes on the internet just, broadly speaking, have an unpleasant knee-jerk reaction toward anything that seems like a statement based in emotion rather than logic
This really does describe me super accurately. The only reason I think it's probably not a good generalization is because of how often I get in arguments about it.

I lost track of the conversation after this, I think it has something to do with sexualizing plants in video games? Is Pizza tring to post concept art of half-naked dandelions? I get that they're like the furries of the plant kingdom but keep it in your pants man, we don't need that shit in the forum
author=LockeZ
author=mawk
it's possible that gamer dudes on the internet just, broadly speaking, have an unpleasant knee-jerk reaction toward anything that seems like a statement based in emotion rather than logic
This really does describe me super accurately. The only reason I think it's probably not a good generalization is because of how often I get in arguments about it.

I lost track of the conversation after this, I think it has something to do with sexualizing plants in video games? Is Pizza tring to post concept art of half-naked dandelions? I get that they're like the furries of the plant kingdom but keep it in your pants man, we don't need that shit in the forum

You called?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Liberty
An instance that comes to mind instantly is going to purchase the last copy of One Piece Warriors for myself for Christmas and having the guy at the counter try to talk me out of it, pointing me towards the 'Girl' display where 'more appropriate games' were waiting. As though I haven't been playing games longer than he'd been alive. :/ He kept trying to tell me that I wouldn't be able to get a refund if I didn't like it and that it was a fighting game and went off on a rant about how I shouldn't be buying things that I didn't know about (...I've been following OP since Enies Lobby. I think I know what it's fucking about.) I just rolled my eyes, bought it and then went and added cool games to the 'girls section' he pointed me towards. When I was leaving I caught his eye and he smirked at me, seeing me leave the girl section. I like to think that he directed a few girls that way and they got some kick-ass games instead of Barbie goes to Walmart~

This dude's a PR nightmare, to the point that I - with the little experience I have in retail - would argue that he really does sound like a boogeyman.

You don't question/get angry at the customer.

Also, as a customer, I'm not sure how lawful it is to intentionally disturb a display. People are paid pretty poorly to make sure everything is in the right spot and facing the right way. Undoing this requires the staff to go back through and readjust the mistake, eating up time that could've been spent helping customers/cleaning messes/etc. which costs the business money.

Was this a gaming/game design forum that this took place in or some other spot where it was pure coincidence? It probably wouldn't hurt to see the entire discussion firsthand.
Sadly, he's not the worst game store employee that I've had a run-in with before - just the first that popped into my mind at the time. Ask me about my worst. It's hilarious. And really, really sad.

...it involved my mother buying a present for me when I was about 16. Fun times were had by all.
i felt kinda embarassed for liking the mulan ps1 game. but i still like it up to today. dressing her up is fun.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I'm thinking about how awesome Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is! I got an edition with four songs from the soundtrack and decals from Best Buy yesterday, as well as Professor Layton and The Curious Village, and the first two volumes of Pandora Hearts! Plus, I finally finished Band Camp the day before. OhgodnotbandcampIdon'twanttoworkanymoredespitethefactthatIenjoyitimmenselyandwillneverquitofmyownvolition.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Although it's the inverse situation, Liberty's experience made me think of this article describing strategies to help an adult male to get away with purchasing Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies with minimal social awkwardness.

author=Dorkly

Really wanted to bro down with some Cod - aka Call of Doots. Thought I should balance out that awesomeness with this dumb lookin' game with an overtly sexualized jailbait fairy on the cover. Mainly here for the Ghosts though. Call me an Icelandic fisherman, cuz I gotta have my cod.
Who the hell is that concerned with "not looking cool" at Best Buy?