MISAO RESULTS 2023

Pages: 1
Congrats to the Winners ❤.

EDIT: Wicked 3 way tie this year for Best Event Game.
Has that ever happened before?

EDIT1: Year end honorable mentions that didn't make it for one reason or the other:

It's not easy to release an old game so please check out Crash Head
A definite highlight of the Boulevard of Broken 2k3 Dreams Event and a 2023 nominee.

A really cool game came out, called "Pinball Ryan(?)" from this years VIP2023 summer camp, where these guys made, a pinball machine, Wolfenstein 3D and a SEGA arcade afterburner clone and a tamagotchi, all in rpgmaker2003 (think? I'll have to double check)5 or 6 guys worked on this together, it's all done in steam rpgmaker2003. 1 one of them had multiple duties to tie all the different games together - that's all i can make out from japanese twitter.

<https://w.atwiki.jp/viprpg23s/pages/55.html> ピンボライアン/"Pinball Ryan(?)"

Bad Apple is really cool proof of concept. It's harder to make out cause the tiles are bigger. I remember seeing this during 2023 but forgot to make a note of it and nominate it. 2023 was kind of a bad year. So a lot of stuff slipped under the radar. I'll see if I can mention it somewhere, so i'm mentioning here as a year end highlight for posterity.

...It's really difficult to get stuff nominated for the misaos. So be sure to checkout both the nominees as well as the winners.
Thank you very much to all who voted and congrats to other winners and nominees!
Punniest Game award yayy!! I contributed to the title and writing so I'm happy that's the Misao award we got for that game. Thank you and I'm also grateful for the other ones we got nominated for. Congrats to everyone as well!
Lonely League cleaning up! Congrats!
I will fix this list later there's some fucking errors

Fixed!

Congrats to the winners! Ya'll done good!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Congratulations to all winners and nominees!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
This format is not particularly conducive to relay ties, but...

The Lonely League by calunio

Winner of:
Best Game Profile
Eye Candy Award
Summoner of Sounds

Excellence in Narrative
The "How the Hell Did They DO That!?" Award"

The Dark Souls of RMN
Punniest Game Alive
Trippiest Game

Best Lawsuit Waiting to Happen
Not Dead Yet

Best in Positive Diversity
Star Stealing Prince
Everlasting Journey

Game of the Year

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
The game with no nc̶̬̀o̴̟͑r̸̰̕r̷̞̽u̵̳͊p̸͙̈t̶̖̆e̶̘͌d̷͐ͅ by JustAShyDoge, OzzyTheOne, and Vaccaria

Winner of:
Best Short Game Award
Sleeping Beetle Ninja
Best Event Game

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
SWOLLEN TO BURSTING UNTIL I AM DISAPPEARING ON PURPOSE by december7

Winner of:
Best Game Title

The Kaiju is My Childhood Friend by CrazyBabi and Marmalade

Winner of:
Punniest Game Alive

Stray Adventure by Tahnryu

Winner of:
Year of the Tiger

One Final Burial by shuruzy

Winner of:
Best Event Game

Ronin by Zombik

Winner of:
Best Non-English Game

Ronin by Celes_Cole

Winner of:
Most Promising Demo

...here's what could be called the short version. If I also included what categories games were nominated for, as Liberty's post does, The Lonely League really was everywhere in 2023.

Congratulation to the winners, to the nominees, but most importantly, a thank you to the people who participated in the voting/nomination process!
Congrats! These were all great games in my opinion! :D
author=TheRpgmakerAddict

You were probably one of the very few people who voted having played more than one game in each category! XD
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Would another monthly data thread for this year be welcome? There's already a decent array of games to consider from the New and Notable section alone. There's already a New and Notable for this month! I kinda feel like if I'm doing this again, I should get the thread up before more show up. At least before the end of this month.
HUH!?! WHAT THE HOLY SHIT!! Thank you for the nominations and the award!! It's an honorrr! I definitely need to check out the other nominations and winners one day! Agh! Thanks again!
author=calunio
author=TheRpgmakerAddict
You were probably one of the very few people who voted having played more than one game in each category! XD

I did not vote and played most of them.
Whoa! I checked the results out of curiosity and audibly gasped when I saw Goodbye Tired Stars and The Stairway among the nominees!! I wasn't expecting it!
I only decided to finally enter RMN last year, but I've always liked to check the Misaos results to see what cool new games there were. Seeing two of my games here now makes me want to go run to tell my younger self about it. Thank you so, so much!!

Many congrats to the winners and the other nominees, too!! I'm looking forward to checking them out! :'D
Awesome! Thanks for the nomination and congrats to the winners! :D
Pages: 1