WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
I fell over on the stairs, so a stair I think? I also hurt my knee, but at least it's not like I was shot in the knee Skyrim style.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Aww, poor girl :(

Hope you're alright! and stairs can be tricky, they best us all sooner or later
Kloe
author=InfectionFiles
Aww, poor girl :(

Hope you're alright! and stairs can be tricky, they best us all sooner or later

I'll be fine, haha, it was really embaressing though, everyone sorta laughed.

I SHALL GET MY REVENGE STAIRS. MARK MY WORDS! >:D
InfectionFiles
Don't worry, I'm sure it sucked but no one remembers trips. Still embarrassing though.

DAMN YOU STAIRS!

I tripped and fell hard at work the other day, something that I haven't experienced in years. I was carrying heavy boxes too. Wasn't too bad damage wise, just some bruises. Also only like one co-worker was there so it wasn't like in a crowd.
Still not fun though!

Trips get better with age though, you just kinda shrug it off and say fuck it.
InfectionFiles
^except if you're elderly, then it's life threatening

and I know I could edit but this is shameless post count to best gourd
The last two pages were very insightful about how to handle myself as a dev no matter what level of success you're at, or how you define it. I shall also be more conscious of going up and down stairs.

EDIT: where are the dogs
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm thinking about a PM request for playtesting I got recently. The two games I was supposed to playtest have gotten some feedback, but, they kinda fell off the radar after that!

In other news, I did a backup maybe a day ago. I might have forgotten one file during the backup, which I feel is a bit better than last time around!
Kloe
author=SgtMettool
where are the dogs

Well here is the Cute Dogge thread!
figures that Infection is only willing to engage with the subject of me when I'm not in the room, huh

for the record, I'm always up to talk if you're willing. I think what you'd prefer is someone you can blame in their absence, though.
author=ubon
figures that Infection is only willing to engage with the subject of me when I'm not in the room, huh

Wooooow, the irony is so thick I can almost touch it. How about you go back to slack and trashtalk others behind their backs. I can only imagine that's what has been happening the last day. You even have a private channel for that, so get to it. I almost had some respect for you after our last talk, almost, and then you go and say something that shows you have so little insight into what you and your buddies do yourself do that it's almost sad. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Seriously.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
Have you ever been completely enraged when a TV show you (along with everyone you care about) liked during your earlier days was completely desecrated in a VERY despicable way, and its main protagonist was turned into something far worse than a typical Mary Sue character?
Kloe
author=Zakariya
Have you ever been completely enraged when a TV show you (along with everyone you care about) liked during your earlier days was completely desecrated in a VERY despicable way, and its main protagonist was turned into something far worse than a typical Mary Sue character?

cough cough, Pokémon's Ash looks weird in Sun and Moon, cough cough
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Ratty524
ROFL you are so full of it!

fyi did you know that I've recently taken to distancing myself from this community? My words come from someone "outside of RMN" in that regard, sir.

I assure you all of those numbers are accurate.

I don't hate RMN the website, just the extremely vocal and obsessed group that just needs to be part of the "YEAH, WHAT HE SAID" crew. The group of small-minded bullies who find enjoyment in ganging up on the scapegoat du jour. I have expressed political opinions in the past that don't jive with the seemingly monolithic opinions here, which doesn't help, and apparently prompts people to find bigotry in my games that simply doesn't exist.

People are asking me to brag about "the amount of wealth" it has brought me. Obviously, I'm not going to share that, no one would share that. That's personal. I shared installs because that's public information. It's not about money. It's extremely fun and fulfilling to continue to push the boundaries of what RPGMaker is capable of, and continue my design goal of mixing RPG nostalgia with modern quality of life design decisions. We've developed exclusive systems, especially in our latest game, that have a ton of received comments to the effect of "even though it's RPGMaker, it's actually polished and good". That's what it's about.

That RMN seems to have "agreed" that my games just outright automatically suck - you can criticize certain features, sure. But objectively speaking, saying that they categorically and universally suck, just because they're made by me, is just silly. That's not criticism, that's petty insults. Not only to me, but the fantastic people who work with me.

author=unity
You're yet another helpful example of "popular" and "quality" failing to overlap. You're the 50 Shades of Grey of RPG Maker. The fact that you can't take criticism, constantly sing your own praise and treat others like garbage makes it impossible to "just be happy for you."

I don't "constantly sing my praises." Come on, at least put some truth in your little gangbang. I'm simply responding to the massive slew of comment claiming everything I create is garbage. Of course I'm going to defend myself.

Anyway, done with this episode. This is ruining my vibe. Life's too short for this shit. See you in a year when nothing will have changed or improved.
I'm very shocked to hear that I've lost the privilege of your respect, SnowOwl, and you can rest assured that I'll work to conduct myself in such a way that might one day bring me back into your good graces.

the private channel thing is news to me, though. you sure the stories aren't outgrowing their subject?
Zakariya
author=Kloe
cough cough, Pokémon's Ash looks weird in Sun and Moon, cough cough

The designers completely bastardized a character that people of various generations enjoyed. It wasn't good enough that they eroded every likable trait about him, they have to go for the aesthetics now. -_-
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
Oh boy, drama on RMN again.
Relevant:
Zakariya
author=Porkate42
Oh boy, drama in RMN again.

Hey, it's much better than Yahoo Answers.
InfectionFiles
Oh no, slack sucks because of people like you(mawk) and tevak. I'm not dodging that just chose to ignore it because I didnt want to engage in bullcrap.

The sad thing is I think we could and sorta have gotten along okay enough. But the majority of the time it's a few dominating the conversation and average, casual users don't feel like they belong or get talked down to. I know I'm not the only one.
The whole thing has become a small offspring of this forum of bitter misfits whether you see it or not. SnowOwl is right, it's a great big hypocritical circle.
The fact that you don't want people talking shit or looking down on you for being trans, I don't want to be attacked for being a gun owner and a hunter.
by my reports you continue to drop my name, in allusion or otherwise, to talk about what a shame it was that you were called out for transphobic shit and had to write an unconvincing apology to someone who didn't want to talk to you. the only purpose of that post was to set the record straight, since in my absence the telling has grown the tale greatly. I'd appreciate you keeping me off your tongue if I'm only going to be some scary monster you pile all the sins of the world onto.

as far as the tone on slack goes, the establishment of boundaries is a necessary part of creating any sort of community that isn't just 30-somethings clinging to antique imageboard culture. some people aren't going to fit, because they don't think people should criticize games on social issues, or equate gun ownership with marginalized status, or whatever, and I'm fine with that. we have a fairly good userbase discussing a pretty broad variety of things in a pretty upbeat way, and discussions are organic and interesting.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
author=InfectionFiles
holy shit, you just fell through the basement
start digging up