WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Wait, what's this now? The world's going to end again?
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
The world ended 5000 years ago, this is the post-apocalyptic world we live in!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Seiromem
The world ended 5000 years ago, this is the post-apocalyptic world we live in!

Comparing many aspects of life; yeah we actually are. This world has become shit. Many groups have gained liberties and rights previously withheld wrongly from them; and that's great. But along the way, people forgot how to be decent to each other, and the shit parade has just gotten worse. We're glued to our phones, find human contact intolerable, drive faster and angrier than ever, and still find ways to justify acting superior.
Something like 'reserved seating' in movie theatres is quintessentially evil.
Yeah 5000 years ago we didn't have reserved seating in cinemas.
I don't get it; I'm one of the most cynical people I know, but I think we live in a pretty awesome time period overall, and I'm incredibly optimistic about the future. Like, there's lots of bullshit still, Donald Trump is a clown, immigrants get shit on by the ignorant, the rich have too much influence on U.S. politics, etc., but also:

-Violence has been going down over time.
-Our understanding of the universe keeps increasing.
-I'm currently talking about relatively complex subjects with people thousands of miles away from me, whereas my ancestors could only talk to people in their direct vicinity about the merits of burying potatoes in the backyard to combat witches' curses.
-I can jerk off without being excommunicated.
-I can listen to any New Wave song or play any Super Nintendo game within a minute of having the thought about them.
-Our doctors can cure and treat the vast majority of health problems, and every year the remaining list of shitty things that can kill us gets smaller.
-Food is plentiful and cheap.

Like, goddamn it guys, don't turn me into a fucking optimist.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Housekeeping
-I can jerk off without being excommunicated.

lol

Also I completely agree with House. Shitty things happen, but shitty things have been happening ever since the beginning of time. At least now, when shitty things happen, we have our magic pocket sized addiction rectangles to distract us.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Distract us? I would say they make us hyper-aware of how shitty the world actually is

:(
Frogge
Have they proven phone addiction? It always seemed to me that phones were just, like, a tool that's changed the way we live substantially. Certain types of social media addiction sure but phone addiction? idk about all that.

I'd love to take down some of housekeeping's positive, but actually, no I wouldn't. XD On a larger scale, I get real worried about the world, but on the scale of my day to day life things are (relatively) peaceful and good.
author=Frogge
BUT MEMES

AND BUTT MEMES!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I wanted to share this with my buddies on Facebook but then she said "fuck you" and I figured I couldn't.

A video of this nature set to classical music. Contrast is a beautiful thing. I feel like I'm admiring a soul penetrating painting in an ornate gallery right next to an open bar.

It's like Nayru's singing in Oracle of Ages: simply enchanting.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Your buddies on facebook is just one girl? Or did the girl who made the video tell you "fuck you"? Who is "she" in this equation? I have to know!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
No, the woman in the video says fuck a few times and that might be shocking for my Christian buddies. Otherwise the video is perfect.

On the other hand, browsing the internet for me goes a bit like this.

Internet: thing
Me: hit me
*Page loads*
Me: I regret everything
I must have missed the commandment that says 'Thou shalt not say 'Fuck'
Frogge
author=kentona
I must have missed the commandment that says 'Thou shalt not say 'Fuck'

Well fuck I'm probably going to hell

not that I wasn't already
I have it on good authority that just before Jesus threw all the merchants out of the temple he said "I'm tired of these motherfucking merchants in motherfucking temples!". Then he personally gave each merchant a wedgie before throwing them into the nearby cistern and flipping them the bird.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
GreatRedSpirit
I have it on good authority that just before Jesus threw all the merchants out of the temple he said "I'm tired of these motherfucking merchants in motherfucking temples!". Then he personally gave each merchant a wedgie before throwing them into the nearby cistern and flipping them the bird.

as a jebus expert this is 100% accurate

author=Housekeeping
whereas my ancestors could only talk to people in their direct vicinity about the merits of burying potatoes in the backyard to combat witches' curses.

man I think they had the right idea though
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Today I discovered that my project management professor was found out to be an illegal alien and was let go over the weekend. He was a cool guy and knew a lot about the subject, but now he's gone. Sucks, but I can adapt.

The problem is, though, that the school barfed up (because "replaced" is too professional a term to describe how this was handled) some guy who has no knowledge of the subject and even less inclination to teach it.

Dis gon' be fuuuuuuuuun...
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.