WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Actually, that's a good point. And you know what? Don't fuck EA. Actually, thank you EA! That was awesome of you! EA's reprehensible greed was so front and center that it became an example to other companies that are more subtly following the model, and now, important people are actually doing something about it. Thank you, EA! I thought you guys were scum, but now I realize, that was a class act!
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
It's a shame. I enjoyed the game. But I refunded it because pay to win is bad.
Special shoutouts to Bungie and Activision for being shitstains. It isn't pay2win as Darth Vader like EA and Battlefront 2 but it is directly lying to players to control the flow of free lootboxes. Imagine an RPG, you grind and get EXP and gain levels. At level cap excess EXP goes into giving you free lootboxes that you can get more of with $real. However your free lootbox EXP gain is throttled, if you play the game / grind too much for that EXP the game will silently nerf your EXP gain while showing you the unnerfed and incorrect amount on the your screen.

And as a followup after being caught and turning off the exp throttling, they silently doubled the EXP required for your next free lootbox and only when caught did they come forward:

author=Darken
The RPG-World webcomic finally got a conclusion after a 9 year hiatus. Damn man.

http://ianjq.tumblr.com/post/166049167579/here-it-is-the-final-rpg-world-comic-a-recent

...I know this is like, two months old but, holy shit! Talk about a blast from the past.

I remember reading at some point, someone was trying to make an rpgmaker game about it, that didn't get too far.

EDIT: So, from web comics, to Cartoon Network's "OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes" Holy shit, what a ride!

It's wild to see RPG-World finally animated, even if it's just a brief send off.

Congrats Ian!

It's time for me to listen to all I want for christmas is you an unnaturally large number of times and feel no shame about it. :D

That's christmas to me. (that and exclusively drinking hot chocolate and egg nog~)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

the meme that keeps on giving (go find the arby's version too pls)
like wtf why I am seeing zootopia everywhere? and yes I saw the arby's one. it was grand

Also, my tip to avoid lootboxes is not play any game newer than 2003
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
I'm thinking about making a Christmas horror RPG Maker game, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get it out before the 25th. XP
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
A bit ambitious to do that tbh were already at the 9th
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=kentona
like wtf why I am seeing zootopia everywhere?
From what I can tell, someone made a pro-life Zootopia fancomic. It's being regarded as the new "Loss"
Mirak
New "loss" ?
What is being lost?
Zakariya
author=Mirak
A bit ambitious to do that tbh were already at the 9th

Yeah, unless the game is going to be tiny, it would be extremely rushed. XP
Mirak
author=Yellow Magic
https://imgur.com/gallery/BOGGR
In all the years I've known about that comic, it never ocurred to me to look at the upper right.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
@Zakarya I say go for it, with a clear deadline in mind and me pressuring you (I will stalk you until you finish your game) you should be able to come up with something. Doesn't have to be big, it can be a short refined scary story set in christmas. I'm looking forwards to it.

Also, I'm currently thinking about cats.
Zakariya
With finals coming up, I'm not sure I'll even have time for it, Ozzy.

:P
author=Zakariya

With finals coming up I don't think you even have time to THINK about it. On the other hand, my finals week is pretty tame so there's always hope? Ooh, do the grinch expect use RMN members as characters! XD

I thought it was a good idea~
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Zakariya

Awww, too bad. I will still continue to stalk you until you churn out a horror game though. I'm serious about that.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Y'know, I should take what I don't like about movies, and incorporate the improvements in my own work.
Like, I love Finn in Star Wars: The Force Awakens... but I hate the execution. His story arc is extremely flat because it is perplexingly wavey.
He abstains from killing townsfolk in the shock of war. He awakens from lifelong training and mental 'education', which doesn't make sense to begin with; but let's go with it. The 'Traitor' thing is REALLY cool. I love the break in the Storm Trooper trope as an idea.

So to improve this as a standalone idea, it would have been cooler to show Finn abstaining from violence entirely until the turning point. And even then, striking only to disarm or stun. It would have been interesting if he was more intelligent instead of a glorified janitor on the Starkiller. Or if they explored this joke earlier on. Because he could have led Poe's escape through the garbage disposal system, including some rubbage Tie Fighter from a prior skirmish. Or something along those lines. It wouldn't have been some kinda exciting chase sequence (or maybe it would have been, on a Escape the Death Star in New Hope vein!)
And along the way, Finn doesn't want himself or Poe to harm any of his brethren. He just wants to escape, to run away.
These are his foster family, even if he doesn't believe what they're doing is right.
Then yadda yadda yadda, they escape to Jakku, and the same stuff happens, except if he were to do the same Millennium Falcon gunner scene, he would either be reluctant or not do it. Or try to deter the tie fighters or disable them rather than obliterate them. Y'know? Further deconstruct the 'disposable Storm Trooper' trope.
Then yadda yadda yadda, they get to the big battle outside the cantina, and the storm trooper yells 'Traitor!' that same awesome battle can happen, with Finn on the defense. Perhaps throwing dialogue into the action scene to try and turn the attacking Storm Trooper's mind on the matter and/or discovering that the average Storm Trooper is totally brainwashed in the process. (Modern movies do not include dialogue during action, and instead pause action to progress plot; likely due to subtitles in international releases)
Alas, then we get to the Starkiller base. Finn has come to the reluctant realisation that he needs to stop the First Order (after all the planets done blewed up) and resolves to fight. (like he did!)
He might still be more evasive about killing. As he still hasn't had a chance to ACTUALLY fight.
Then we get the confrontation with Kylo Ren. A brief flight or fight moment, but Rey is cast aside as she was! Finn runs to her side in panic for her safety, same as happened. Then the turn and he turns on the light sabre to fight.
My god, the climax of Finn turning to fight! Even though he loses the fight, it's a powerful moment, because he has cast aside his fears and actively acts. Powerful stuff. If it was his movie, he could win the fight, but alas, this is Rey's journey moreso. Finn is kinda the Jar Jar/C3PO. Which is fine. Anyhow, after dissecting this role in the film, I see how to utilize a Traitor soldier in a story more effectively. Choosing to run away, would be in line with what he says. He wants to run away. He is turned from the battle by the death of a comrade. It would make more sense emotionally for him to fear war, instead of killing his kin; and that would be the focus if I do a Traitor in the future. The turning point is seeing the bigger picture, and what he is running from. Seeing which side of the line in the sand that he stands.
Mirak
That was a very nice what are you thinking about post dudesoft. I read the first paragraph and then stopped because I haven't seen the movie and dont know how much you're spoiling. I hope you're succesful in applying your talents in your own projects though.