WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

author=pianotm
author=Seiromem
I was about to ask you guys how to not procrastinate ahahaha what a stupid idea.

But really how do you not procrastinate.
By getting up and doing it right now.
i tried but then my 2yo pooped his pants.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=slash
author=pianotm
author=Seiromem
I was about to ask you guys how to not procrastinate ahahaha what a stupid idea.

But really how do you not procrastinate.
By getting up and doing it right now.
Motivation begets motivation, and momentum begets momentum, right? Getting started is, like, by far the hardest part, but after you make some progress, you get inspired to keep going and try harder :D

It's like when you get invited to a party or something, and you don't wanna put forth the effort to getting dressed, driving over, and going out - but you force yourself to do it and end up having a good time! It's work, but it ends up being worth it.

Yeah. In my experience it's also kind of like exercising or doing homework. You really don't want to do it, but when you're doing it, generally you feel like you're doing something useful and the barrier of entry is far higher than the actual task at hand. I recently overcame procrastination when I finally created my Befuddle puzzle. Even though it might not be the best, at least I finished it. Just get past that barrier of entry by strongarming your way in.

Also, eliminate all distraction. It's funny what not using the internet can do to your productivity. Close your browser or unplug your modem and see what chores get done, or whatever ;)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
hire me to pester you.

...no but seriously that's my actual job. i'm an ed tech that works with students with behavioral issues, including "being a fucking slug." i am the anti-procrastinator
It helps to have Nessy tell me no Minecraft until after I finished my whatever.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Oh if that's all it takes. Liberty no more Minecraft until you've finished....whatever is third on your todo list.
You aren't Nessy. ;p
No minecraft until you finish the wisaos
nhubi
Oh that's a pipe dream.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I could seriously hire someone to send me IMs once in a while being like, "Hey, are you goofing off right now? Why aren't you working on something? You don't need to play another game of Hearthstone, you idiot"

motivation begets motivation but sometimes guilt trips also beget motivation
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=slash
I could seriously hire someone to send me IMs once in a while being like, "Hey, are you goofing off right now? Why aren't you working on something? You don't need to play another game of Hearthstone, you idiot"

motivation begets motivation but sometimes guilt trips also beget motivation

I'll be your designated thorn-in-the-side for a few dollars a day. :D
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
today I successfully flipped between windows and tabs for twelve hours, chatting with people on different websites, while accomplishing nothing. except for hiring a new volunteer to help with my online game and giving them like an hour of training before they had to leave. so basically my only accomplishment was getting someone else to do my hobby for me.
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GRADE WITHOUT GROOVESHARK?!

My 2,700 new wave song playlist is gone forever...
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Liberty

So about that Valentine's game, huh Libby?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=LockeZ
so basically my only accomplishment was getting someone else to do my hobby for me.

Brilliant.
author=Ratty524
author=Liberty
So about that Valentine's game, huh Libby?

I think it's slated for a 2017 release.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Housekeeping
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GRADE WITHOUT GROOVESHARK?!

My 2,700 new wave song playlist is gone forever...

What are you talking aboHOLY MOLY GRANOLI TELL ME THIS ISN'T HAPPENING
nhubi
The death knell sounded in 2011 when Universal started suing them, I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did.
Oatmeal's name is a lie, it isn't much of a meal on its own at all.
nhubi
That's because that's not what the suffix -meal means.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=slash
sometimes guilt trips also beget motivation

Yeah, but those don't last long enough for me. They're also slightly depressing.
I remember thinking to myself a month ago "The end is almost here! I'm almost out of Junoir year with one more to go!" and I was overwhelmed with happiness. My motivation skyrocketed, I giggled to myself constantly, and I got things done.
Fastforward a few days and now I'm stuck again in some month of "ugh w/e" bullshit. It's like I forgot that time is still going forward.