WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

@Corfaisus: I'm not trying to be the "Coolio Kidd(tm)", I'm just saying for reference that the Budd Dweyer suicide video isn't even that shocking.

This sort of stuff is just an area of research for me. I need to educate myself on the cruelty and horror of Humans, Death, Torture, etc, because it enables me to write and create more realistic worlds and situations. It applies to the reverse too, trying to understand Emotion, Kindness, Love, Family, and all the other happy go lucky shitty.

tl;dr I don't want to live a life sheltered from the truth, ROGER SMITH.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Pizza
This sort of stuff is just an area of research for me. I need to educate myself on the cruelty and horror of Humans, Death, Torture, etc, because it enables me to write and create more realistic worlds and situations. It applies to the reverse too, trying to understand Emotion, Kindness, Love, Family, and all the other happy go lucky shitty.

You don't need a video of someone shooting themselves through the head to research mental illness. That's the root of all of the cruelty and horrors of the world. Not to mention that simple empathy goes a long way.

author=Pizza

What does this have to do with anything?

On an unrelated note: men should throw themselves at the feet of women. If they're worth your time, they'll tell you to stand up and look them in the eye and not take advantage of your subservience. Men, obey your masters; we've had this privileged patriarchy for much too long.
It has to do with me making a Big O joke about not wanting to live a life intentionally sheltered from "risque" topics. I want to learn.

Also yes, I personally DO need that video. I'm interested in seeing it.

Also also bruh no one gender or person is the de facto master of another. If you were serious. I honestly can't tell.
Lazy people should get free money because people that worked for their money have been rich for too long.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Liberty
Officially just turned 32. That's kinda horror-related... I guess. XP\

Also, who in their right mind likes grapefruit? That shit is ugh. Gimme lemons any day. >.<;

You don't have real grapefruit. What you have is a hybrid of grapefruit and oranges and the shit is nasty.

Real grapefruit is properly called the pomelo. Why are they hybridized? They can't be sold naturally. They grow to be as big as a basketball and the real pomelo is delicious. It's as sweet as an orange and has none of the bitterness of one of those grapefruit you buy in stores. They are native to Florida and it is the only place in the world you can buy a pomelo. Everywhere else is just those nasty hybrid grapefruit.
pianotm
author=Corfaisus
author=Pizza
You don't need a video of someone shooting themselves through the head to research mental illness. That's the root of all of the cruelty and horrors of the world. Not to mention that simple empathy goes a long way.

author=Pizza

What does this have to do with anything?

On an unrelated note: men should throw themselves at the feet of women. If they're worth your time, they'll tell you to stand up and look them in the eye and not take advantage of your subservience. Men, obey your masters; we've had this privileged patriarchy for much too long.

This really disturbed you, didn't it? The only death that ever traumatized me was my wife's death. Beyond that...man, everyone and everything dies. I'll tell you something even more horrific: we take innocent creatures that have never harmed anyone, chop them to pieces and eat them.

Edit: Shit, I just double posted...
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
The mafia has afflicted him! Quick, get the medicine!

Also, is it possible for a human being to have no empathy at all?
author=seiromem

Unless they were (literally) missing a lot of their brain, no, probably not. But the removal of grey matter can change whatever you want about the person. That's why lobotomies are so terrifying. You can delete parts of people with nothing more than a thin metal pick.
pianotm
author=seiromem

Just because you understand another person's pain, empathize, doesn't mean you let it feed on you.

I can turn it off for people I don't know. If I wanted to, I could feel the misery in those images deeply enough to drive me into the deepest depression. Wallowing in emotion is foolish. It destroys a person.
Well, if you were to care about all the people that die every day, you probably would have trouble living your own life.
Also, I'm not the most knowledgeable in this field, but some autists don't really feel much in the way of empathy, right?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Liberty

A chapter has come to a close. A new page is turned, at the ready. What manner of story will be written?
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Marrend
author=Liberty
A chapter has come to a close. A new page is turned, at the ready. What manner of story will be written?

I predict a new and exciting one, filled with wonder and exploration.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=Corfaisus
We can all drop this act of trying to be the toughest cool kid who doesn't feel anything. If this sort of thing doesn't stir you, seek help now because this isn't normal.
I'm not trying to be Coolkid McSunglasses here, I just can't react in any other way than this to a video of some stranger dying.

A video of someone getting beheaded by some Mexican drug cartel doesn't really affect me. An incident where I'm in a grocery store and some dude suddenly starts flailing his arms and yelling "WARGLGL ARRGL" before exploding would affect me because haly shet someone just exploded next to me.
Thanks for the birthday wishes peeps~

Also? I cry a lot about fictional things but not so much about real life things. It's something I'm trying to work on since I know that being well-rounded emotionally means accepting that crying is okay and that it's not a weakness, no matter what fucked up ideals society tries to shove down your throat.

I mean, I had to tell my brother off the other week because his 7 year old son fell over and hurt himself and started crying and dick-head bro was all "Man up, don't be a little girl". Had to remind him that when he was 11 or so any time I pulled his hair he'd start whining and crying like a baby and that there was nothing wrong with crying when hurt. Idiot. Gotta stop teaching kids that being weak at times is a bad thing because honestly, it's what has led the world to looking down on people around you. :/

Sick of that bullshit.

Also, I may be grumpy due to tooth-ache. (Which means no cake for Becky today. ;.; )
pianotm
Oh...that's not good for a birthday...

Well, try to have a good one.
author=Liberty
Also, I may be grumpy due to tooth-ache. (Which means no cake for Becky today. ;.; )

Hey, at least you didn't have diarrhea on your bday! ><
Well, that's... true. o.O;

That said, I bloody well ate the cake and now I might be regretting it a little bit but YOU CAN'T PUT CHOCOLATE MUDCAKE IN FRONT OF A PERSON AND NOT EXPECT THEM TO NOT NOM!!!

;.;

It was delicious but still... My sister gave me painkillers for my birthday. Ha. Ha. Ha. :|

(To be fair, they did come in handy though.)
Ooh, congratulations on the date of your birth, Liberty! And if you ever find yourself with unwanted chocolate cake, make every effort to send it my way. :P
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
There is such a thing as unwanted chocolate cake?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?

Happy birthday, Liberty! Spend your new stat points wisely, and recover quickly from your pain.

author=Marrend
There is such a thing as unwanted chocolate cake?

According to rumours, some humans exist who do not enjoy the delicious taste of chocolate... I doubt Liberty is among them, though, so don't get your hopes up.