WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

While reading up on coding I created a reference pun that I am overly proud of;

Xor! Mathematicson! Hero of professors! Ready to calculate! Your integers await!

Set to the tune of Sabaton's version of Twilight of the Thundergod.

(Xor is the mathematical equivalent of 'exclusive or' as in 'this or that, but not if both' http://mathworld.wolfram.com/XOR.html )
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm thinking I could use some sleep rest :P
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Repeat after me, I need a vacation!
Marrend
Unfortunately...

YOU CAN'T REST HERE! MONSTERS ARE NEAR!

:P
author=Marrend
Unfortunately...

YOU CAN'T REST HERE! MONSTERS ARE NEAR!

:P

We can't rest now, its too unsafe!

Hammers the r key to play the Can't Rest Now rap.

Might and magic dreams~
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
You have to be a hero to control might and magic...

On that note, I finaaaaallllyy got around to getting Horn of the Abyss fan made add-on for Heroes of Might and Magic and I fucking love it. Me and my brother hot seated it today, both playing Cove. So awesome. Heroes 3 is hands down my favorite and having something new to do in it after all these years is amazing.

Never could get into 4 and 5. They lost all the magic...
Marrend
I remember getting Wake of the Gods, a fan-made mod for Heroes 3, some time ago. Maybe fooled around with the "scripting", and used the "destroy building" feature just for the novelty of it. The "level 8" creatures were a nice touch, but, totally unnecessary. I suppose it just didn't do a heck of a lot for me, in the end.

ModHomm3 was actually what I was looking for. It can extract various data files from the LOD files into TXT format. It was something of a risk at first, but, setting Armageddon to have negative result did the same thing it did in Heroes 1 and 2. Which is really all I want from a Heroes game since I discovered what that did in 2.

I've played 4, and wasn't particularly enthused by it. 5 was better, but, I was still not enthused by heroes having their own turn. Though, that felt more like it was a feature of the CTB in that game more than them physically being in the battle (Hi, Heroes 4).

It does not surprise me that the setting for M&M 10 was whatever world Heroes 5 (6 and 7?) is in. I mean, Heroes 1 and Heroes 2 laid the foundations for the world in which M&M 6 and 7 occurred. They occurred in the same time-line (multiverse?) of the older games, on a new world computing, as always. However, they needed a new threat since the big-bad of the older games has (finally) fallen. The answer they came up with may be a cliche onto itself, but, it worked. M&M 8 seems to be set in that world too, but, it just felt so detached from everything. As for and 9...

...Er, whoops. I'll stop ranting now.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I wish i knew 1/128 of what you guys are talking about.
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I read that as ''my car's breath smells like cat food''
author=Frogge
I read that as ''my car's breath smells like cat food''

Instead of speaking normally, I will be speaking in Simpsons quotes from now on. Kind of like Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, but with Simpsons.

the cat's breath one is shorthand for "people are speaking about things that I don't understand"
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=kentona

My cat's breath smells like a shirt and my shirt smells like saliva.
MM8 still took place on COLONY/Enroth, just on the continent of Jadame. Unfortunately the game was kinda rushed and is very short if you know what you are doing. And some classes are completely broken, ie the Dragon. Still its fun.

MM9 was set on a new world and was going to be the next phase of the MM series. Unfortunately 3DO basically said, 'Use this new game engine! Its completely 3d! It doesn't matter if it lacks functionality, support, and is very difficult to use! Its cheap and thats what programmers are for, right?!' So there was delays on top of delays, buts out the wazoo, oh and 3DO was going bankrupt. So they pushed the game out at a minimum of 6 months ahead of their current schedule. Which is why the game is completely broken, the story doesn't make much sense, large portions of the game are missing, and everything is janky. It can still be fun to occasionally play, just don't expect MM6 epicness.

MMX(10)...disappointed me. I knew it was going to be turn-tile based, but they introduced a lot of mechanics that didn't work well. Notably 'taunt-tanking' and if the enemy was immune to taunt they'd just backhand your casters and they'd die instantly with a crit. Also the story sucked any reference to the old MM stuff and lore was gutted by Ubisoft high ups. They did manage to sneak in a few references to the Ancients, but not much. It too felt like the upper management screwed the game over from what it could have been.

*possible rant off*
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
kentona

You got the brains and talent to go as far as you want and when you do I'll be right there to borrow money.
author=pianotm
kentona
You got the brains and talent to go as far as you want and when you do I'll be right there to borrow money.
With your booksmarts, and my ability to exploit people with booksmarts...
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I didn't wipe out on my bike, the house isn't a mess and there's still dinner left for me.
Our Skynet overlords speak! (to each other, bartering over something)

two ais
Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to

Bob: you i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me

Bob: i i can i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me

Bob: i . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bob: you i i i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice: balls have 0 to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to

Bob: you i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

this is not much different than when I see millenials/iGen chatting on twitter or tumblr honestly...