RPG MAKER XP EVENTS

Pages: 1
Well as the title says i need some help with the rpg make xp events.

What i want to make is a "NPC" , i know how to make one or how to make him say stuff what i have been having a problem figuring out is how to make the text bubble have a name for said NPC or for the hero or the game.

I.E.

You got to the NPC and press enter he and he says : Hello there.

I want to have it is

Happy villager

Hello there.

I want to do that with the hero and some other NPCs

So is there a way to tag the dialog with the name of the speaker or do i have to type in each text a name before the actual sentence ?

PS

This is what i have been using for now

@>Text:Happy Villager
: :
: :Hello there
@>

Thank you for your time.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The simple way is to just put the name of the speaker in color on the first line. You can add color like this:
\C[1]Happy Villager\C[0]

That will make the name be in blue instead of the normal white. The \C[1] there changes the color to blue, and the \C[0] afterwards sets it back to white for the rest of the message. You can set other colors too, up to \C[7].

For playable characters you should do their names like this:
\C[1]\N[1]\C[0]

The \N[1] there means the name of your game's first hero (on the actors tab of your game). You can use \N[2] for the second hero, etc. This way if you change a hero's name a few months down the road, or if you allow the player to change the hero's name, the dialogue will all still be correct.

With scripts you can add the name above or outside the text box instead. Ccoa's Universal Message System adds a lot of options to message boxes and this is one of the things it lets you customize. This is a more advanced option if you're not happy with having the names inside the boxes - I'd recommend doing it the simple way for now, but be aware you can import scripts for advanced options if you are feeling confident and adventurous.
Thank you that was very helpful, as for Ccoa's Universal Message System i will keep it in mind.
Pages: 1