NICOB'S LET'S TRIES/PLAYS! *REQUEST YOUR GAME HERE!*

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'll bail help you out! I know SRB3 like the back of my hand. I'll edit this post with my advice once I get through part five.

But anyway, I wanted to ask you...are you sure there's nothing you can do to fix the sound issue? I swear I read an article once that described how to realign audio with video recordings.
@hali: Are you referring to zero sound effects and that I'm using iTunes music, or do you mean the audio unsynching a bit towards the end? If you mean the former, I don't think there's anything I can do about that. The problem isn't that the music lags behind, but that it repeats and comes out choppy. It even makes the game lag even more. If I had Windows Vista/7 (or just owned a better computer), it probably wouldn't be an issue. Sadly, the smbx.exe file itself uses up a ton of CPU on my computer. I was pretty thrilled I could even record it at all.

If you're referring to the latter, I just haven't been fixing it because I didn't think it was that big of a deal. It usually only became noticeable toward the very tail end of a video (and I think my last two videos were better anyway; i.e. the ones I recorded last night). Again, probably has to do with the amount of CPU the smbx.exe uses. But if it's really bothering people, I can try to fix it.

EDIT: Also, I think I might LP Mario vs. The Moon Base sometime soon, since it got such great reviews and was a featured game. These platformer LPs have been a nice break from the regular RPG vids.
CAN'T WAIT FOR DF:REMADE! Hells yeah. I'm the MOST excited for that. Haha. As you can probably tell, I don't have all that much to look forward to...

*Sniff*

But yeah, I've been catching up on a few of these LPs you've been doing, and I'm liking them so far. That's not to say that I didn't watch any in the past, just that I've been watching MORE now. You make things interesting, I gotta say...

But holy crap, you've burned through quite a few games so far. Where do you get the time? Lol.
halibabica
I meant the former, but I guess there's nothing you can do. SMBX is known for taking up ridiculous amounts of CPU for no apparent reason.

Anyway, yes, you'll need at least one secret star to get inside Bowser's Lava Castle, and there are three you could potentially find.

You almost had it right in Picky Picky, and I'm seriously an ass for making it so difficult. You need to stack two Ninjis (lil jumping purple dudes) on top of each other to reach the top of the mountain. You could use the two that are up there, but it's difficult to reach the platform on the right without the lower one helping you. There are other Ninjis on the mountain, though, so you could bring a third one up with you. Set the first Ninji in place, grab the second, stand on the first's head, and set the 2nd down gently. If you do it right, the first will send the second jumping high enough that you can jump from the second's head to the star. I reiterate: I'm an ass.

The secret star in Supra Mairo Bors 2: Dessert is hidden to the left of the start. Remember where you were afraid to sink under the wall? That's where you gotta go. Sink beneath the wall, hold left, and jump a hell of a lot until you reach the other side. It's the easiest but most boring of the three you could get.

The secret star in Shell Game is just before that level's main star. You can jump on top of the wall at the end of the final water section. Of course, make sure you bring the shell back there with you.

Best of luck! Sorry we're terrible.

Also, some general advice: I designed the hubs so it would be easy to reach the center from any of the levels, which is where you can pick up enough mushrooms to enter each stage with full health. Going in each level big with a backup mushroom is a good idea.
@Ephiam: Don't worry, I'll get to it soon. ^ ^ And I usually record at night before I go to sleep, that way I can render the videos through the night and have them ready by morning.

@hali: Thanks hali. I actually had that idea for Picky Picky, but thought for sure it would just kill the two bouncing guys. Also, just wondering, if I find a secret star, can I just quit or do I have to get the main star again in order for it to count?
halibabica
You don't have to finish the level; once you have the star, it's yours forever. But if you try to pause and exit, you can only quit the whole game. This is when those cliffs start to look rather inviting.
Hali based on the vids, you should've made world 2 to world 1!
halibabica
from Archeia_Nessiah
Hali based on the vids, you should've made world 2 to world 1!

Based on everything I've heard the last few days, there are a lot of things I should've done.

welppppp
A bunch of videos today! Continued with Super RMN Bros. 3 and started on Santoo Rinba. A lot of these videos I was going to upload earlier this week, but I was having problems rendering them (it kept freezing up). Finally managed to get them all ready though!

Super RMN Bros. 3
Part Six: DAS BOOT!!
Part Seven: I TEACH THIS GAME WHO'S BOSS
Part Eight: FLOWER POWER BITCHES
Part Nine: MY FOES RETURN FOR PAYBACK
Part Ten: DAMN THESE GHOSTS TO HELL
Part Eleven: PRINCESS HUGE PEACHES
Part Twelve: LONGEST...LEVEL...EVER
Part Thirteen: SUPER SAIYAN BOWSER?!

Santoo Rinba
Part One: STOP SINGING TO ME FOXES!
Part Two: EXPLORING THE TOWN OF LOCKED DOORS
halibabica
*phew* It takes a while to watch all those videos! I can only imagine how long they'd be if you didn't cut out the segments recovering your lost ground.

I'm also glad you're enjoying the game more beyond world 1.
@hali: Haha, yeah, not to mention the numerous other attempts I cut out where I died 100 times.

Finished up Santoo Rinba and continued some more SRMNB 3.

Super RMN Bros. 3
Part Fourteen: MARIO VISITS HYRULE
Part Fifteen: THEY SEE ME RAGIN'
Part Sixteen: I RECLAIM MY HONOR
Part Seventeen: GETTING RAPED BY A SHORT, FAT TURTLE

Santoo Rinba
Part Three: CONCLUSION AND OVERVIEW
Thanks for playing, Nicob :)

It's unfortunate that you skipped the sidequest before it got interesting. Oh well~

Also, when it comes to Ziro's drawing--I pretty much redid the whole thing.
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/20563/locker/Tale_of_the_Twlight_Sorcerer.png

To anyone who wants to play the game, DO NOT take any auto saves. That's where the coding will crash your game.
@Clareain: No problem, man. Glad you enjoyed them.

No new videos today, but I've added the cult classic Yume Nikki to the Let's Play list. ^ ^
author=NicoB
Started my bizarre adventure through Yume Nikki. For the optimal viewing experience, smoke a lot of dope.

Awesome stuff. Played this alot a few years ago.
author=NicoB
Started my bizarre adventure through Yume Nikki. For the optimal viewing experience, smoke a lot of dope.

That was great, keep it coming! But you haven't seen half of the really weird shit yet ^_^

Inspired by this stellar performance, I'm going to ask you to have a go at Heiwaboke Crisis when you get a chance.

Thanks!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you're running out of games, and are in the mood for a comedy, a Let's Try of either my completed RM2K3 game Vindication or the single-dungeon demo of my RMXP game Iniquity & Vindication would be awesome. I'd appreciate either one. Vindication is probably 20-30 hours long, while the demo of I&V can be finished in around 30 minutes, so it's a matter of how much time you feel like tossing into it.
@papasan: Sure man, I'll give it a play.
@LockeZ: I'll give your Iniquity and Vindication a go for right now, since I already have quite a few long games I still need to finish.

I only managed to record one video of Yume Nikki last night, but I still haven't rendered it yet. But you can expect more than one video tomorrow!
Thanks! Just remember that if the fights are too hard you can use the mysterious orb to win. I'm looking forward to your next Yume Nikki video!