NICOB'S LET'S TRIES/PLAYS! *REQUEST YOUR GAME HERE!*

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
That was great, NicoB ^^; Sorry about it getting so wordy there! I had lots of things to explain D'8
For the record, the person who is talking after the Levi sword fight incident is Squall, not Levi, which is why he refers to Aio as Seifer.

I did put all the girls outside and they say they're all messing around, but yeah it was a dickbag move removing a party member there. The sequence of events there is kinda ancient- as with the alleyways (which is why that teleport is balls). And the battle is balanced for two, so that's what it basically chalks up to.

Jenova's actually one of the toughest boss fights in the entire game, though it's easier here than in previous iterations (...originally, you couldn't use physical attacks on the Red tentacles, and you couldn't use magic on the blues). There's probably only one fight that's tougher, and that's Jenova's second incarnation a bit later in the game.

I added the sleep spell because I wanted players to play with their equipment. Shadz has a Headband, which prevents Sleep, which you could easily switch up with Levi's Silver Glasses (Blind). Lulu also has a Star Pendant which grants immunity to poison.

I try to avoid adding dickmoves without having a way to compensate/combat them ^^;
Awesome, thanks! Your videos are really amusing, so this should be interesting to see a step by step commentary. Here's a few things you should know before you get started, though:

-Controls are on the main page, but also in the in-game "Manual" once you acquire it. Since this is your first OHR game, I'd review them quickly if I were you.

-Battles can be set from "Active" to "Wait" under the Options menu. It's probably recommended that you change this immediately, since it's Active by default.

-This game is made in the style of NES RPG's, so if you've ever played those, you'd know this one thing about them: They can be HARD. Make sure you prepare every chance you get. You WILL get to go back to town after almost every dungeon, though, and some dungeons have "healing springs", or some way to rest up (Thornwood Forest has two, actually, which is nice because it leads into another dungeon). This also gives you the chance to save, as you can't save everywhere until later on in the game.

-You will probably be skipping a lot of battles in the videos. I was going to lower the encounter rates, but they ARE random (except for the Monster Hunter Guild missions, which are touch based, but unescapable).

-Barrels somtimes contain items, like chests do. Occasionally, there are more barrels than chests, so it would be wise to search them.

-Some spells (Frost, Toxin Lvl.2) can be spread to target all enemies, as in Final Fantasy. All spells are marked with symbols, describing their targeting capabilities and elements. Use the characters in the beginning to play around with them and get a feel for it.

That's all I can think of right now. Good luck!
Ugh, so apparently there's this nasty bug on YouTube right now where privilege users, like myself, are unable to post videos longer than 15 minutes. As a result, I can't upload my new LP videos I recorded last night unless I split them up, which I would really prefer not to do.

I'm going to wait a little while to see if this issue gets resolved soon. In the meantime, I'll try to abide by the 15 minute rule (again). If it doesn't, I'll just have to break down those new LPs into separate videos. ; _ ;
Well, that sounds like a pain in the ass.
What exactly qualifies as soon by the way?
Hi, hi NicoB, can you give a try to my (demo)game, i wil be gratefull for any kind of feddback ^^

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3626/

The demo is short and may have some gramatical errors (it's a rapidly done translation after all D=), in any case thanks ^^
Thanks NicoB~ I've since messed with the skills a bit and a few other things (a place to restore in the town, less damage taken from Tabitha by the curse, more strength for Jonathon, earlier damage skills for Tabby and a few other things).

You missed the PP references at the bar. XD I was looking forward to your reaction to Ania/Naia character. ^.^;

Thanks for doing this though - you've pointed out a few things I needed to change. We'll have to do more double LPs when my voice returns to normal. :D
@Liberty: No problem, lib. We'll definitely get a dual play in again sometime soon. ^ ^
@zokark: Sure, I'll give it a go. It has a very interesting style to it. I'll do my best to help out with grammar too.

Started and finished Dungeons and Tantrums. I have also started Third Realm, but the YouTube glitch is preventing me from uploading them for the time being.

Dungeons and Tantrums
Part One: MOVING AT THE SPEED OF SNAIL
Part Two: CHUCK IS A LITTLE BASTARD
Part Three: CALM YOURSELF
Part Four: WOODEN CLUBS...MY ONLY WEAKNESS!!
Part Five: I SHOULD'VE TAKEN THE MONEY
Part Six: CONCLUSION AND OVERVIEW
So I decided to make something special last night. I compiled a video of some of my top funny moments while LP/LTing. It took some time to put this together, so please give it a like and comment if you enjoyed it. Share it with your friends and family!

Yo! I finally got a chance to catch your latest vids (including part 9 of Epic Elf). There have been many changes for the better; like the characters can now learn healing magic and you can buy enemy card items so you can grind whenever you need to. I also wanted to point out that the random battles are really just invisible enemies running around and if you run from battles they usually don't re-spawn. I didn't want to have unseen enemies (it was a limited sprite issue) but for now it'll have to do.
The strange bird that kept flying out of the mimic was a silly battle animation (in this version only the bosses had these quick animations). But now every enemy has one to make the still enemies feel a little more alive; the clubbers eyes will glow and the pigs charge up dark magic. Alrighty! I'll leave it at that! Thanks again for the vids!

Side note; I am going to make all the fights visible. I started on it today.
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaia

jk idk& idc
I appreciate the support guys. ^ ^

So they finally managed to get that stupid glitch fixed, meaning I can now upload my Third Realm videos.

Third Realm
Part One: STARTING WITH AN EPIC BATTLE
Part Two: DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH IT
Part Three: I'M SPEEDY GONZALES
Part Four: BEHOLD! MY MIND'S EYE SEES...NOTHING
Part Five: THESE GHOSTS ARE DOUCHES
Watched the videos and i gotta say it's pretty rad seeing someone else play your game. Anyway, i'm glad you found it enjoyable, somewhat.
About your comments on the game: Glad you liked the graphics, and as you guessed it's all custom. The reason the graphics kinda get better as you play the game is probably since i actually got better at making them as i was making the game. I guess adding some more suspense wouldn't have hurted, you kinda don't see those kind of things when you're making it though. I'll definitely keep it in mind for future projects, this was pretty much a test run for my first game.

Had a good time watching the videos and they really helped, see you next time!
Love these videos. My girlfriend and I have watched quite a few, and we both think they're hilarious. I can't wait to see the review for mine (which I hope you find at least a little bit playable). You can feel free to make fun of the name, I don't even like it. :D I'm not very good with names...

Anyway, I'm open to any suggestions you may have battle-wise, as the game is pretty battle-heavy. There isn't really too much outside of the standard RPG fare, aside from boss battles. Some bosses require little tricks to defeat easily, such as the Pagemaster's books, or even when to defend during the first "real" boss fight (since "Guard" is not a standard action in the OHR engine, this had to be done differently. Guarding "stuns" your character for a few seconds, then returns their defence to normal. You can play around with spells and actions in the prologue of the game without really worrying about dying, that's what it's there for). I try to make battles and enemies as interesting as possible, but there's only so much one person can come up with without recycling old ideas. :/
@SnowOwl: No problem man. I'm glad you found them helpful.
@mrj: Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep it in mind.

Just thought I'd let you guys know I added another piece of criteria to the front page, since this was sort of brought up with a recent request.

I prefer to play games that don't already have an LP or LT for the version released. I want to give games that haven't received video feedback priority. However, should you have a newer version (i.e. new content, not just bug fixes) that hasn't been LP/LTed, I might be willing to give it a go (or you are just really dying for me to play it for some reason).
Started and finished Wing's Avenue and also started on Dungeons: Ace Alpha. Byaah!

A.P. Project - Wing's Avenue
Part One: I AM PLASTIC BAG MAN!
Part Two: CONCLUSION AND OVERVIEW

Dungeons: Ace Alpha
Part One: FEEL MY PAIN, FACSIMILE
Part Two: I BEAT UP GANDALF AND HIS OLDER BROTHER
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
I am not sure if it is just me or not, but I couldn't get those videos to play at all. I tested out some of your other videos and random youtube videos and they played just fine.
Hrmm, they work just fine for me. :\ Is it stuck infinite buffering or something?