COMMENTING ON USER PROFILES

Pages: 1
Sort of like over on RMVX.net. Members could leave posts complementing (or insulting) people's talents or just to ask how things are going! I think it'd be a neat addition to RMN. Plus members can already comment on individual pages on game profiles. Why not go all the way and allow us to comment on individual user profiles?

Apologies in advance if this has been brought up and shot down before.
Sorry, but {i think} this is an awful idea.

I wouldn't want random noobs shitting up my user profile. Even though I doubt anyone would even want to comment on mine specifically(I'd like to keep it that way).

author=BareGamer
Members could leave posts complementing (or insulting) people's talents or just to ask how things are going!

That's what PM's are for, or even game pages if want to make your comments public
author=Link_2112
Sorry, but {i think} this is an awful idea.

I wouldn't want random noobs shitting up my user profile. Even though I doubt anyone would even want to comment on mine specifically(I'd like to keep it that way).

author=BareGamer
Members could leave posts complementing (or insulting) people's talents or just to ask how things are going!

That's what PM's are for, or even game pages if want to make your comments public

Random noobs can shit on game pages too. It was just a spur of the moment idea. Who knows! Perhaps it'll get some different opinions. :)
Er, I don't really like it. User profile is more about showcasing the member than anything else. I don't want any random person putting whatever they want on my profile.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
If people want to complement someone else, they can PM.

:T
author=BareGamer
Random noobs can shit on game pages too

Right, so it's probably best that we not give them any more avenues for shittery heh
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This would be so god damn annoying.
also I would post so much crap all over the place
I guess this got shot down. Thanks for the opinions.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I know of a community where users have a "visitor messages" section in their profiles. Which is basically what BareGamer is suggesting: a place where users post comments on a user profile. From what I can tell, they are barely used.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Don't RRR do that? You could add friends & other social network inspired stuff. It's a novelty, no one actually keeps using those functions.
author=Tau
Don't RRR do that? You could add friends & other social network inspired stuff.

RM Skill: Masterful.
Pages: 1