[DYNRPG PLUGIN]TEXT PLUGIN

Pages: first prev 1234 last
author=trance2
It seems like X and Y for pictures and for text is different, but I'm probably just imagining that.

yeah, i think the point of reference is in a different spot. it's been a while since i used it tho

I do have one question, though... is there a way to escape quotation marks? Like say you wanted something to read - Item Shop "Bottomless Gap" - with the quotes like that. I know you can't do it normally with this because as soon as the compiler sees a quotation mark, it's gonna go "oh hi end of variable" and move on and then crash because there's text where there shouldn't be text. So if you could escape the quotation mark, that would allow for actual quotes in the display text. ... if that's possible?

you can edit your font and make different letters look like quotation marks, then use those other letters in the engine. you would need to use hyper patcher to add the custom font. if you need help with that let me know. i was supposed to write a custom font tutorial ages ago :/
author=trance2
It seems like X and Y for pictures and for text is different, but I'm probably just imagining that.

That should not be imagination on your side, since the purpose of the picture is primarily for technical reasons, related to drawing order on the screen. Besides, there should be commands for move the text where you want it by inputting them manually. This won't affect the picture in any way.

I do have one question, though... is there a way to escape quotation marks? Like say you wanted something to read - Item Shop "Bottomless Gap" - with the quotes like that. I know you can't do it normally with this because as soon as the compiler sees a quotation mark, it's gonna go "oh hi end of variable" and move on and then crash because there's text where there shouldn't be text. So if you could escape the quotation mark, that would allow for actual quotes in the display text. ... if that's possible?

It shouldn't be impossible, but not neccessarily elegant either. Either way, for the time being, using single quotation twice ('')might be the best bet until something is done with this... which could take a while to be honest.
author=Kazesui
It shouldn't be impossible, but not neccessarily elegant either. Either way, for the time being, using single quotation twice ('')might be the best bet until something is done with this... which could take a while to be honest.

i would suggest that my custom font method would look better(be the best bet:P), while yours would require less extra work. there are plenty of unused characters in a font that could fill the role.
Is there a command to display 1 letter at a time instead of the entire text at once? I read the readme file, but I couldn't find it.
Nope, a way of simulating gradually uncovering a message has not been implemented in this plugin
I have a small request, you can add information about the monsters?
Such as name, hp, mp etc etc as you did previously with the heroes? Because that information can not be obtained outside the battles.
author=kaine87
Such as name, hp, mp etc etc as you did previously with the heroes? Because that information can not be obtained outside the battles.

Bump!
I think you could make a dummy battle (black background, no music, no strings for "monster appears!", blank monster sprites) just prior to a out-of-battle-screen encounter. That is, store all relevant materials in variables. The screen without a background or monsters, or any strings looks like a quick fade out, especially if after turn 0 you end battle.

Turn (0)
(Blank everything including the Bats x 5)
Variable Set Hp, Bat 1
Variable Set Hp, Bat 2
Variable Set Hp, Bat 3
Variable Set Hp, Bat 4
Variable Set Hp, Bat 5
(Same for other stats)
End Battle

It looks like a black out, and then you make monsters appear on the local map with those exact stats.

author=kaine87

Bump!
Pages: first prev 1234 last