[XP] A SEMI-TRANSPARENCY PROBLEM WITH TILESETS

Pages: 1
I foolishly did a lot of editing of my tilesets after they had been imported and the semi-transparency set. Now I've wound up with a dozen tilesets sporting a mix of tiles that still have that purplish shade and tiles for which the purplish shade has been properly made semi-transparent.

Is there a quick way to undo the semi-transparency setting so that I can set it all over again? Or am I in for some tedious remodeling?
Move your tileset out of your game's graphics folder and reimport?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You don't have to move it out of the folder to re-import it. You can just go to the import screen, choose to import a tileset, browse to your project's tileset folder, choose a tileset that's already in there, and it'll let you change the transparent and semitransparent colors.
I wish it were that simple, but you only get the option to set transparency once, it appears.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You can set it multiple times. However, if when you were editing it, you added any actual transparency to the image (png files support both total and partial transparency for any pixel in the image) then you can't use RPG Maker's color-picking transparency. It will just use the transparency that's built into the image instead.

I'm guessing you edited it in photoshop or gimp? Use the magic wand tool to select all the pixels in the image that are the shadow color, then press ctrl-x to cut them. Then paste them into a new layer, and set either the layer or the selection as 50% transparency. Save the image and the transparency should work in rpg maker.
Thank you, LockeZ. That was just the information I needed.
Pages: 1