SMBX-OVERFLOW ERROR

Pages: 1
I think this error is because I put too much stuff in a level(though it's a really big level compared to the amount of stuff placed in it), but I'm not sure, most of what I placed are background items to go along with the saw blade NPC. I just want to know how to fix this, and what is causing this in case I'm wrong.
Did a mushroom fall into lava? That's the only repeatable cause of overflow that I know of.
does the error happen as soon as you try and start the level?

check the file size of the level, if it's over 1.4 MB than it's too large. reduce it below that and it will work again. every piece you put down adds to the number; npcs ,tiles, even the background tiles

in SMBX large levels are generally a bad idea because of lag
author=Link_2112
does the error happen as soon as you try and start the level?

check the file size of the level, if it's over 1.4 MB than it's too large. reduce it below that and it will work again. every piece you put down adds to the number; npcs ,tiles, even the background tiles

in SMBX large levels are generally a bad idea because of lag

Oh...well. That would explain it, so every time I use fill, every line I make to get that saw blade across, it fills up the file and soon it gets too big to even save and play. Okay...

Edit:Thank you...but now, I have to make a new level or shrink the one I have dramatically...well...see you later then.
Pages: 1